• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

not specific to today but last few weeks just sorting the house at, decided we won't move just yet, so we're putting some money into the house.

Getting an electric fireplace built where the TV is, ordered a new set of sofas, getting the trees cut back in the garden and getting the astro cleaned up ready for summer. all a bit go go go at moment.

Oh and booked two holidays for June and August. My bank balance has taken a battering.

January 20, 2020: COVID-19 is declared a public health emergency

May 5, 2023: COVID-19 is no longer a public health emergency

Looking back at some of the mental things we couldn't do and were told to do

Will never happen again, we was massively taken for a massive ride

You're wrong about it never happening again.

COVID did something weird to people and removed all of their desire for independence and the risk it comes with. We even have a Conservative government that spends and taxes more than any other post war government of any flavour has. And still, people are asking them to spend more and do more.

It will take generations for this country to start behaving like adults again.

Last edited:

More people dieing now from unknown causes yet few want to talk about it.
I think lockdown has had a very detrimental and totally unpredictable effect on peoples health.

Unpredictable? I think it was very predictable.
I think outcomes from something thats never happened before are by nature unpredictable. Guesswork at best.

Unless of course you've borrowed the hindsight goggles, there are a few pairs doing the rounds tbf

So I may as well ask....the predictable health outcomes are....?

I think outcomes from something thats never happened before are by nature unpredictable. Guesswork at best.

Unless of course you've borrowed the hindsight goggles, there are a few pairs doing the rounds tbf

I'm just guessing but mental health issues, immunity to certain illness breakdown and possible unkown effects of vaccine?

I think if you forcibly stop people from leaving their home, seeing friends, going to school/college/work, at the very least you will see some serious mental health issues. That should be obvious to anyone without hindsight.

Then there's a general lack of exposure and immunity that people won't get by being trapped in their homes. If Doris catches a cold/flu whilst reasonably healthy and walking to the shops she'll probably get over it. If she catches it in hospital when she has pneumonia then she's fudged.

For many people, being at work is the only exercise they get. Many people with physical jobs stay fit through those jobs. They don't eat or drink well, but they're active for 40 hours a week.

None of these issues were part of the conversation, all of them are obvious to anyone.

I think if you forcibly stop people from leaving their home, seeing friends, going to school/college/work, at the very least you will see some serious mental health issues. That should be obvious to anyone without hindsight.

Then there's a general lack of exposure and immunity that people won't get by being trapped in their homes. If Doris catches a cold/flu whilst reasonably healthy and walking to the shops she'll probably get over it. If she catches it in hospital when she has pneumonia then she's fudged.

For many people, being at work is the only exercise they get. Many people with physical jobs stay fit through those jobs. They don't eat or drink well, but they're active for 40 hours a week.

None of these issues were part of the conversation, all of them are obvious to anyone.

Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’m with you completely Scara.

The consequences to peoples mental health will be felt for a very long time to come.

I refused to get vaccinated (but had one) because my mother has Huntingtons Disease and I was extremely skeptical about how having a vaccine might affect someone who’s at risk of a 1 in a 100,000 disease.

Was not anti-vax by any means. Believed people should be vaccinated. But didn’t believe people at risk of as complicated a condition as HD should be compelled to. It’s not an easily understood illness and I didn’t want to bring anything on earlier.

In the end I was working in care and the English government mandated everyone working in care be vaccinated. Just as it was mandated I moved to Wales (unrelated to Covid), but I had one vaccine because I anticipated the UK government would override the Welsh assembly’s decision not to make them manadtory.

Eventually, the UK government decided to cancel making vaccination mandatory. Meaning I was basically forced to be vaccinated against my will under false pretences.

A year after getting vaccinated (long after the affects, if any for a sole vaccine at all, would’ve worn off) I finally got Covid for the first time.

I was in bed unable to move. Then 36 hours later I magically felt fine again! That was it. A headache for a day and a half. The strange thing for me was I’ve never had an illness before that went from really bad to completely fine in the drop of a hat.

I must admit that when Covid originally hit I was caring for my mum and not able to see anyone anyway . So having lockdown was a relief for me. It meant I could concentrate on looking after my mum without thinking I was missing out on the kind of normal existence a guy in his mid 20s should be having.

I was probably the only person glad lockdown hit when it did.

EDIT: should say at the time I got Covid I was 28. Have bad asthma and was considered at risk of complications.

My breathing wasn’t affected in the slightest. I’m fact my breathing was better than it had been in years cos my head hurt too much to go down stairs and have a fag!

Last edited:
Thinking about moving.

Our housing stock is grim really.

I think I might have to knock something down then re-build it myself.

Back