• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

It gets worse and worse. What next? Frimpong is better than Parker?
Don't joke. Frimpong is less disciplined than Parker. Physically he may have better traits but he lacks the ability to see the bigger picture like Parker. Frimpong acts like a bull to a red rag when he sees a player with a ball and will rush out to get it foregoing any tactical shape that his team has. Very similar to Parker in what he does.

Well done to Parker. But I would prefer him to win PL Player of The Year award instead. Winning the best England player award is nothing to shout about considering England rarely play well.

Well done to Parker. But I would prefer him to win PL Player of The Year award instead. Winning the best England player award is nothing to shout about considering England rarely play well.

True, and considering nobody was worthy of winning it last year

This player will be the key to us doing anything in the remaining games.

The fight and the motivation will come from him and he will lead by example.

There was no leader on the pitch yesterday. Probably Ryan Nelsen the closest thing.

Come on Scotty. Be the leader and captain we all know you can be.

COYS.

Agree.

It was pitiful to see how deep we were, and the amount of aimless hoofs we resorted to.

While Parker may not be an attacking driving force (as he is a DM funnily enough), he sets his stall out on the halfway line, not the edge of our box, and his efforts to challenge, close down space and pass the ball simply to a creative player was massively missed yesterday.

Their second goal was a throw back to 2004, with players jockeying back and allowing their striker line up a shot for 30 seconds, then just bang it in. Parker would have challenged that player, and even though it may have resulted in a dangerous free kick, it MAY not have resulted in a goal.....a perfectly preventable goal.

How ironic that he gets slated for "chest thumping" and flying into challenges. Could have killed for that yesterday.

I was watching it on a stream and it was pretty poor quality, didn't look at the teamsheet but thought he played the game! Wasn't until my bro spoke to me and said why didn't Parker play that I realised he didnt. We clearly missed him as he is the one that makes our short triangle passing work along with Modric

I was watching it on a stream and it was pretty poor quality, didn't look at the teamsheet but thought he played the game! Wasn't until my bro spoke to me and said why didn't Parker play that I realised he didnt. We clearly missed him as he is the one that makes our short triangle passing work along with Modric

Great point.

Thats so true. Modric was half the player without Parker dictating the space further up the pitch. Pathetic that people call that pointless passing.

Parker sweeps up just in front of the back four, and also drops in between the centre halves when they pull wide to cover for our attacking full backs. Norwich yesterday out muscled us in midfield and just kept dropping balls between our midfield and the centre backs. We desperately needed a DM to be in there protecting.

Also because of that we weren't winning the second ball enough, which meant we didn't have enough unpressured possession. Had Parker played he'd have slowed down the game, given us a breather, they'd have been chasing around after us wearing themselves out and the momentum would have been with us instead.

Sometimes it's only when a player is absent that you realise how important they are. It happened to us back in 2002 when Freund got injured and we fell to bits, and it happened yesterday without Parker (or Sandro to be fair).

Also not only did we not have someone in that space between the midfield and defence, but we also no one in the space between the midfield and attack. I still can't believe he paired Livermore/Modric and Defoe/Saha. Absolutely crazy.

Had Parker played he'd have slowed down the game, given us a breather, they'd have been chasing around after us wearing themselves out and the momentum would have been with us instead.

Another good observation of something Parker is slated for, yet without it yesterday, we looked like headless chickens.

There are several points of Parkers game that can be seen as negative, but his attitude and chrunching tackles surely can't be one of them.

There is not way to know whether he'd have made the difference. We didn't look particulary galvanised under his leadership in earlier games this spring, but he certainly wouldn't have done any harm considering the low performancelevels of the rest of them.

Parker has had his moments of fatigue, and at times played poorly. No more than anyone else....in fact, he's been one of our most consistent this season (along with Kaboul, Modric and BAE).

However, yesterday showed that even if he, and the team is below par, we still have a semblance of a shape. And someone prepared to die for the ball for until the whistle blows.

Parker sweeps up just in front of the back four, and also drops in between the centre halves when they pull wide to cover for our attacking full backs. Norwich yesterday out muscled us in midfield and just kept dropping balls between our midfield and the centre backs. We desperately needed a DM to be in there protecting.

Also because of that we weren't winning the second ball enough, which meant we didn't have enough unpressured possession. Had Parker played he'd have slowed down the game, given us a breather, they'd have been chasing around after us wearing themselves out and the momentum would have been with us instead.

Sometimes it's only when a player is absent that you realise how important they are. It happened to us back in 2002 when Freund got injured and we fell to bits, and it happened yesterday without Parker (or Sandro to be fair).

Also not only did we not have someone in that space between the midfield and defence, but we also no one in the space between the midfield and attack. I still can't believe he paired Livermore/Modric and Defoe/Saha. Absolutely crazy.

IMHO Parker doesn't "control" passing (conciously) he's just slow on the ball, poor first touch, slow to turn, too many touches etc.

But I absolutely agree, in particular last night that might have made a big difference.

Another thing: Modric is playing too deep. I discussed it with another poster before the game. Now I made up my mind. We play Modric too deep. He should be the one pushing into space behind out attackers, when we control games. Not Parker or Sandro. He's the one with the mercurial runs and the deep, lethal passes. I'd say we need a Michael Carrick (... or Utd need a Modric!)

He would have never in his entire career considered the pass to Defoe - forward and longer than 5 yards, (assuming he would have been in for Livermore) so we could have either lost 0:2 or drawn 0:0 but to concude we would have comfortably won a game we struggled to dominate due to his inclusion is speculative at best.

He can motivate all he wants but soft bottling qunts, not getting stuck-in for eachother is a far bigger issue than a single DM, imv.

We looked gutless without him. Ledley has always been a leader by example. When he is brick the team panics and turns to brick too. Gallas, Parker, VdV and Ade need to start as many games as possible now.

Back