• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Feels like we really have cut the squad down

- Solomon, GLC, Reguilon & Skipp out next, not sure we will even have a 25 squad
After Ange mentioned it in an interview last week I've just looked it up. Players that were considered for the pre-season tour last year that have now left / about to leave:

Eric Dier
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Harry Kane
Tanguy Ndombele
Ivan Perisic
Joe Rodon
Emerson Royal*
Davinson Sanchez
Japhet Tanganga
Bryan Gil*
Troy Parrott
Ryan Sessegnon
Hugo Lloris

13 out, and lets be honest the wages are unknown but I'd speculate that is around £1.1m in wages a week we've cleared from the squad.

For the sake of balance we have added since then:

Lucas Bergvall
Radu Dragusin
Archie Gray
Brennan Johnson
Timo Werner

So where acquired players are concerned we have removed 13 and added 5, with Solanke to come more than likely. Anecdotally Bergvall and Gray are younger than Lloris when you add them together - so we've majorly lowered the average age of the squad.

After Ange mentioned it in an interview last week I've just looked it up. Players that were considered for the pre-season tour last year that have now left / about to leave:

Eric Dier
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Harry Kane
Tanguy Ndombele
Ivan Perisic
Joe Rodon
Emerson Royal*
Davinson Sanchez
Japhet Tanganga
Bryan Gil*
Troy Parrott
Ryan Sessegnon
Hugo Lloris

13 out, and lets be honest the wages are unknown but I'd speculate that is around £1.1m in wages a week we've cleared from the squad.

For the sake of balance we have added since then:

Lucas Bergvall
Radu Dragusin
Archie Gray
Brennan Johnson
Timo Werner

So where acquired players are concerned we have removed 13 and added 5, with Solanke to come more than likely. Anecdotally Bergvall and Gray are younger than Lloris when you add them together - so we've majorly lowered the average age of the squad.
I'm very happy with the list of players we have moved on, it pretty much correlates with what I would have called the deadwood +Kane. There are a few remnants that could also leave with no harm done but I really can't complain about those that have left.

The incomings have been a bit of a mixed bag, I like the look of the younger players and Dragusin looks quality its the forwards that I've found unconvincing. Solanke is probably a move in a better direction but I guess we'll see.

After reconfiguring and raising the overall technical quality of the squad we might in the next few years be able to prioritise quality rather than things like numbers and homegrown status which we obviously were massively suffering from. If it doesn't happen this summer, maybe next year we can prioritise a fewer incomings but a better standard, ideally a top quality winger to add real verve and quality to the attack.

While impressive it also shows how badly the football side of things have been run not too long ago.
Not sure I entirely agree. Of that list more or less half played 100 games or more, and as mentioned elsewhere played in champions league games for us. The thing that did impact us was the "win it now now now" manager appointments, which meant we didn't really give any youth a chance. Jose and Conte shifted away from youth in favour of experience and that is why we ended up with an ageing squad with shed loads of experience.

With paratici's influence over the last 4 or 5 years actually the behind the scenes recruitment has been solid, but players who were younger such as Bergwiyn etc never got a look in.

All gone quiet on Lo Celso leaving , hopefully a Spanish club will take him off our hands
Strange hey. I know he was away but you'd think he'd have some sides in Spain after him. There was that swap rumour for Ramsey at Villa earlier in the summer wasn't there

Strange hey. I know he was away but you'd think he'd have some sides in Spain after him. There was that swap rumour for Ramsey at Villa earlier in the summer wasn't there

We apparently put in a lot of work on Ramsey according to someone at the Athletic I think.

GB just mentioned he's in the last year of his deal, I'm not sure his value for the books would even be that high if we sold him for a low fee to get his wages off the books

Send them both. Scarlett on permanent, Lankshear on loan.

Imagine a front 3:

Clarke---Lankshear---Scarlett

Fed by crosses from Mundle on the right and Cirkin on the left.

Dane is still only 20. Still time to develop. Not writing him off yet.

Would love to see him go to belgium or netgerlands though. Get good game time and goals.

Dane is still only 20. Still time to develop. Not writing him off yet.

Would love to see him go to belgium or netgerlands though. Get good game time and goals.

Santiago and John are younger, but we took decisions on them. Obviously I'd be delighted if he became another Kane, but I just don't see his qualities. He's fallen behind Lankshear and Veliz in the pecking, which seems a bit terminal too.

Sunderland wanted him last season as well. I don't think they even have a senior striker in their squad atm. Fans not convinced though.

Santiago and John are younger, but we took decisions on them. Obviously I'd be delighted if he became another Kane, but I just don't see his qualities. He's fallen behind Lankshear and Veliz in the pecking, which seems a bit terminal too.

No they are both a year older. Maybe fact check once in a while.

Back