• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
I would play Saha upfront alongside Adebayor against Arsenal and play a wonky 442 formation with VDV drifting around from the right hand side. If VDV cuts in, Walker hits down the right hand side to give us width. Saha deserves to start against Arsenal given his performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Im not sure about VDV in a 442 he has had some good games out there but if lennon is fit i think i would rather use his pace, that said krancjar looked good out there and his use of the ball is similar to what VDV would offer us in that position.

Im not sure about VDV in a 442 he has had some good games out there but if lennon is fit i think i would rather use his pace, that said krancjar looked good out there and his use of the ball is similar to what VDV would offer us in that position.

VDV owes us a magical performance if he does play, he hasn't had the season to merit him being a permanenet fixture in the team when he is fit. He has had fits and starts but too often he enjoys shooting from distance and doesn't offer much else. He is so capable, time for him to step it up again.

Anyone who puts Chich on a foe list is a little bit mental. I wouldn't want to miss his abstract posts for the world

I would play Saha upfront alongside Adebayor against Arsenal and play a wonky 442 formation with VDV drifting around from the right hand side. If VDV cuts in, Walker hits down the right hand side to give us width. Saha deserves to start against Arsenal given his performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I wouldn't, it would leave us massively exposed defensively. If Saha plays then I think we have to go 4-4-2 with Lennon and Bale playing as conventional wide midfielders. If VDV plays then I think it has to be instead of Saha. Nice option for Harry to have anyway!

i believe it was 6 months with an option (for us) to extend a further year

How would that work if we extended? Still on loan?

As for the game, I'm leaning towards Saha too but VdV just loves scoring against the goons - he has to play! :D

How would that work if we extended? Still on loan?

As for the game, I'm leaning towards Saha too but VdV just loves scoring against the goons - he has to play! :D

Don't think he is on loan, not to sure but i think Everton released him.

From The Guardian:

Tottenham have had their fair share of sicknotes down the years. Indeed they had the original and best, Darren Anderton, a fine winger who sadly spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Their captain, Ledley King, has knees that balloon faster than Ricky Hatton in relax-mode but a rare talent that means he is able to give training a miss and still be the best defender at the club. Louis Saha, you are finally home.

During Harry Redknapp's trial, there were quips that signing Saha in January was all part of an insanity defence but anyone who has seen the striker at his best will know it was a shrewd move from Redknapp, although people who have seen the Frenchman at his best must have long memories. Those who do will remember that the best football Manchester United have played in the last decade was during the first half of the 2006-07 season, when Saha partnered Wayne Rooney in attack, or that he tore Chelsea apart during his time at Everton.

There is little risk attached to this signing. If he does get injured, Spurs have enough in attack to get by without him, before waving goodbye in the summer. If he stays fit, they have a player whose presence appears to have jolted Emmanuel Adebayor into action; the Togolese striker got himself out of a rut by setting up four goals in the first half against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, including two for Saha, whose sharp, instinctive finishes delighted Redknapp on the touchline. For much of the season Adebayor has played as a lone striker, a role that is physically beyond Jermain Defoe. Adebayor's absence hurt Tottenham when they lost at Emirates Marketing Project. Saha, happy on his own or with a partner, can solve that problem.

The wheeler-dealer in Redknapp could not resist this opportunity. He has always loved taking a punt on seemingly washed-up former stars with a view to squeezing out the last drops of talent. At West Ham United, for example, he had Ian Wright, Stuart Pearce and Nigel Winterburn, while Teddy Sheringham, Paul Merson and Robert Prosinecki joined him at Portsmouth. This is another gamble that looks like paying off. JS

Back