• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Saha looked idle today but to be fair I thought him and Ade still looked dangerous as a pairing. I think he's done OK so far, but VDV should be first choice when fit. Defoe the better player but I have to say he is the better impact player too as he showed today.

Plus you did wonder whether the whole "old boy" thing might have got a goal for Saha against for Man U.

Definite improvement to the squad over the Russian -( ironic really cos I never saw Pav Russian anywhere ).
Pav scored some key goals for us but I do not remember him ever looking like he had a chemistry with the rest of the team, not do I ever remember him having a blinder.

Should be Ade's unstudy, not partner.

We need to use Kranjcar as a #10 when Rafa's out.

I woudn't be too against this thinking. We should have a squad featuring players who can step in and will play the same position as the player who has missed out. I think one of our biggest problems is that we have too few areas covered by substitutes. We have all said that we want good pacey wingers to come in when Lennon and Bale are out and the reason for this is that it is a natural replacement and allows us to continue our style of play.

I think not having Bale and VDV contributed to our loss today as we didn't have a natural replacement. I think Kranjcar is the closest that we have who can play the VDV role when VDV isn't fit. Kranjcar has the ability to play decent passes, can score and has started tracking back and working harder than he used to. Kranjcar is also not a winger and so can't be played on the wing when either Bale or Lennon are unavailable as he continually drifts in to the centre of the park far too often.

We lacked cutting edge today and perhaps Kranjcar could have provided this had he played from the start.

I woudn't be too against this thinking. We should have a squad featuring players who can step in and will play the same position as the player who has missed out. I think one of our biggest problems is that we have too few areas covered by substitutes. We have all said that we want good pacey wingers to come in when Lennon and Bale are out and the reason for this is that it is a natural replacement and allows us to continue our style of play.

I think not having Bale and VDV contributed to our loss today as we didn't have a natural replacement. I think Kranjcar is the closest that we have who can play the VDV role when VDV isn't fit. Kranjcar has the ability to play decent passes, can score and has started tracking back and working harder than he used to. Kranjcar is also not a winger and so can't be played on the wing when either Bale or Lennon are unavailable as he continually drifts in to the centre of the park far too often.

We lacked cutting edge today and perhaps Kranjcar could have provided this had he played from the start.

Niko would be dragged all over the place/end up dropping even deeper than VdV without the mobility/short-yard burst VdV can conjure...that role requires a little zip over short distances OR an incredible ability to hold the ball up and feed into alleyways quickly. Niko doesn't do either. He is a silky player for sure, but is most effective finding passes deeper. In fairness, the player in our squad who could possibly do it is Dos Santos, but he's fudged himself out of the side for whatever reason...

I though first half the two looked really good together. Second half Saha's touch was particularly disappointing and he faded somewhat.

Isn't it the role Krancjar played in the classic Pompey side - playing the the hole behind Kanu?

IIRC Diarra, Diop and Muntari played as a central 3, Utaka on the right, and Krancjar was notionally on the left, but effectively in a free role, almost like a 4-4-1-1.

Niko would be dragged all over the place/end up dropping even deeper than VdV without the mobility/short-yard burst VdV can conjure...that role requires a little zip over short distances OR an incredible ability to hold the ball up and feed into alleyways quickly. Niko doesn't do either. He is a silky player for sure, but is most effective finding passes deeper. In fairness, the player in our squad who could possibly do it is Dos Santos, but he's fudged himself out of the side for whatever reason...

Yup, with Dos Santos evidently gone in all but contractual terms, Kranjcar is the closest player that we can have and so he should be tried in that role. I think he will bring goals, long shots and could perhaps be persuaded to keep in a more forward role. Kranjcar has been encouraged to become more active defensively and so I'm thinking that he is likely to want to play for the benefit of the team rather than worrying about his personal glories so much.

I think Saha and Adebayor played well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and so can't be totally written off BUT at the moment that game appears more a one off than for them to play badly together which has been the case for both the Arsenal and Manchester United games; I know each scored v Arsenal but as one goal was a deflection and the other a penalty I don't know how much credit you can give each player for the rest of their performance.

We need to build on our squad during the summer and bring in back up players that can play the same role as first team players. I appreciate that it won't be easy but I also believe that it will improve our results over the course of the season and so will be worth it in the long run.

3 goals in his first three league games, against top 7 opposition.

Defoe should be starting, but Saha is a good player, who has started well, plays well with Ade, and will be score more goals in the run in. I think he should come on a bit later in the game, but thats nothing to beat him around the head with.

Thats Harry's fault all the way.

3 goals in his first three league games, against top 7 opposition.

Defoe should be starting, but Saha is a good player, who has started well, plays well with Ade, and will be score more goals in the run in. I think he should come on a bit later in the game, but thats nothing to beat him around the head with.

Thats Harry's fault all the way.

Saha should have been signed as back up for Ade, he was the striker not playing well and not scoring.

Harry is just coming up a wee bit short atm. As he did last year and has in all the cups.

Harry has done a good job, but not yet proved anyone wrong who thought he not top rate.

In Harry's reign we have done better in the big games when Defoe has been on the pitch. Not playing him in them has not worked.

I though first half the two looked really good together. Second half Saha's touch was particularly disappointing and he faded somewhat.

Fitness could have a fair bit to do with that, he didn't play too many games for Everton before coming here. Since coming here he's played quite a few games, I'd say the lad is knackered!

Back