• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Could not believe how it looked like Saha and Adebayor had been playing together for years!

Can only imagine what Defoe was thinking when the Adebayor goal went in.
Now behind VDV AND Saha for a starting position, though I think he will always feature as a sub.
At least if Harry gets the England job but stays with us till May he might still get into the Euro 2012 squad.

Defoe should take this chance to learn from Saha.

Saha wasn't totally involved, wasn't totally fit, but was there at the right time to be effective.

two great strikes, and his jumping and heading ability is superb! I doubted this signing, but i love to be proven wrong in a circumstance like this. Only one game mind.

The amount of people I heard who just laughed when I said we've signed Saha have all been proved wrong today. He looked a threat against Liverpool and he showed how good he is when fully fit. Hopefully he won't get another injury but he is good competition for Defoe so they'll both be working for a place next to Ade.

View attachment 201
Saha is a fantastic player and will continue to be a quality signing for us, I just think the "disgruntled" fans that went against him were just upset that we didn't sign a world class striker in January, and needed a spacegoat.

The mere fact that he is injury plagued, at 33, given away by Everton, hadn't scored for Everton in GHod knows how many appearances was all the fuel they needed to burn.

What people missed with the Saha buy was

- He is a quality player, movement, pace, goor with feet and in air, can contribute and score
- Yes he is injury prone, but will not have to play every game, for 90 mins with Spurs
- He needed a move to remotivate himself, at Everton, he had to carry a lot of the responsability, here the whole side contributes

- Most of all, he cost Sweet fudge All !!! hahaha

A 4-8 goal scoring run between now and the end of season from him, could make a huge difference for us.

Harry just cant get it wrong can he. Every time his haters think he has finally messed up, it goes far better than he planned.

Despite being excellent today, I think Defoe will get more minutes than him for the rest of the season.

Another player who adds a different dimension to our attacking style.

All if our attackers have different strengths that will stretch and confuse defences.

My brother (who supports man u) always said Saha was a great striker when he was fit. At Spurs, as others have said, he won't need to play all game every game. He gives us different options.

I look at the journos on YouTube called Lifes A Pitch and they were saying he was huge gamble by Harry. By which I assume they meant if Ade, Vdv and Defoe get injured then you're relying on Saha to be healthy.

I doubt young Lancaster will get many more matches.

Anyone notice when he went off the physio was straight over checking on him? Seems we are intent on really looking after him.

Keep him fit and he could be an inspired move.

Also notice how much he is enjoying things? At an actual footballing club?

as good a home debut as Mido's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure any debut was as good as mido's i honestly thought we had signed GHod that day .. he was awsome ... no fudging spectacular that day !

That backheel in the box from the shelfside made me moist ... pity

The amount of people I heard who just laughed when I said we've signed Saha have all been proved wrong today. He looked a threat against Liverpool and he showed how good he is when fully fit. Hopefully he won't get another injury but he is good competition for Defoe so they'll both be working for a place next to Ade.

View attachment 201

Great photo btw!

Always rated him, thought he had a great game against us in January actually. Can hold the ball up, can play up top on his own........very clever signing from Redknapp/Levy.

It's a bit early but I saw signs there that if we were to sign Ade permanently and gave Saha a 2 year deal then we could really use what money we have on looking for that world class signing like Hazard. We might be outsiders but I guess we would have some pull if we finish where we are.

A few United supporting mates of mine reckon a fully fit Saha is about as good a striker as you can get in the Premier League. He's always impressed me when fit. Drogba-esque at times, capable of plucking the ball from the air and being able to turn facing the opposing goal very quickly. Could be a very astute buy. Really hope so.

Ade and Saha looked the gonad*s yesterday.

said he was a great signing at the time - tbf it's only been 1 game and a brief cameo but he looks good.

Back