• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rough highlights of Prem teams' transfer windows

Expected assists just details who played the last pass and the likely hood of that being a good chance. Which again for me is more about the system we play as opposed to the individual creativity or ingenuity of Johnson in particular.o Johnson is ok in the system, but a better quality of player in terms of takeones especially would likely significantly increase the number of chances created and that's my point. We have two of lowest wide players

Under Conte or Jose i'd agree that it would be a useful stat given how little systemic play we actually had.

Dunno why it was showing just one game, here is his PL season. More box action but its not that dissimilar to Son and not enough to go from 93rd percentile sca to 25th percentile.

View attachment 17514

@Bedfordspurs Could we have had a striker attacking the box more? Hell yeah, but could we also have wide players better at getting past their man? A resounding yes to that too. I don't know why we want to settle and only improve in one area when there are many areas to improve to get to the ultimate goal.
You can’t do it all at once
And if you improve the clear weaknesses first you can step up quicker
Then you can focus on the one or two key… expensive additions
And of course availability of the “upgrades” is a factor

Just to add, I think expected assist is purely that someone has a shot form a pass and that shot is ranked by Xg so the pass gets a Xa … it doesn’t rate the quality of the pass…. I may be wrong but that’s how I read it.

You can’t do it all at once
And if you improve the clear weaknesses first you can step up quicker
Then you can focus on the one or two key… expensive additions
And of course availability of the “upgrades” is a factor

Just to add, I think expected assist is purely that someone has a shot form a pass and that shot is ranked by Xg so the pass gets a Xa … it doesn’t rate the quality of the pass…. I may be wrong but that’s how I read it.
Yeah xA is indeed a rating of the brick, not the pass. I think I said that as well, but maybe I wasn't that clear.

Slot moaning about the markets, being turned down by players. Not just us then

Very weird on their side

- Quite a few players coming on last year of contract, ageing, decisions need to be made
- You would think they would want to give Slot at least one marquee signing

Very weird on their side

- Quite a few players coming on last year of contract, ageing, decisions need to be made
- You would think they would want to give Slot at least one marquee signing

The only player they wanted and spent months chasing didn't actually want to come.

They sold him to Sheffield United for 18 million one year ago and got paid one installment up front. They then exercised the buy back clause this summer, basically making that installment a loan fee, so they could sell him to Southampton for 15? There has to be some PSR shenanigans here.

No Toney today, anyone think the Goons may be in for him?
They need a striker and may do a loan with obligation to buy as they did with Raya.

Villas moves are odd
Letting Moreno leave when he was their best left back last year
And now clowning out Ilings Junior who they just signed
Anyone would think they didn’t have a plan

Back