• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Can the fa give a ban for prem games? Not their competition.
Yes :
FA Disciplinary Proceedings

The FA is the principal body responsible for dealing with disciplinary matters in English football. Pursuant to Rule G3.1 of The FA Rules, facts which give rise to an alleged breach of both The FA Rules and the PL Rules will generally be dealt with by The FA under The FA Rules, unless The FA and the Premier League agree that the latter should act.

The FA thus has authority to initiate disciplinary proceedings against players in respect of any misconduct, including breaches of the Laws of the Game and The FA’s rules and regulations

Yes :

The FA is the principal body responsible for dealing with disciplinary matters in English football. Pursuant to Rule G3.1 of The FA Rules, facts which give rise to an alleged breach of both The FA Rules and the PL Rules will generally be dealt with by The FA under The FA Rules, unless The FA and the Premier League agree that the latter should act.

The FA thus has authority to initiate disciplinary proceedings against players in respect of any misconduct, including breaches of the Laws of the Game and The FA’s rules and regulations

Cheers.

Yes :

Interesting..so based on this, it looks like Enzo Fernandez could be looking at a ban too?

Not defending the comments Bentancur made or excusing it but makes you wonder how the FA have jurisdiction here when the comments weren’t made in this country. Would understand if the club decided to sanction him as it’s not a good look for us but it’s totally different to the luis Suarez/Evra incident which happened in a PL game in this country.
Yeah, comments should not be condoned, however does question jurisdiction i guess this is based on FIFA rules about a player registration. However he’ll be banned and then at the same time will be available for UEFA competitions.

Yes :

Strangely haven dealt with the racist singing by Argentina

Strangely haven dealt with the racist singing by Argentina
I can only guess it might be due to Bentancur's being an official media interview whereas the singing was in different circumstances (still wrong). No idea whether there is an FA Rule that would cover such a circumstance, but there must be a catch-all such as 'bringing the game into disrepute' if nothing else that could apply. Will be interesting to see if any action is taken.

It was a stupid, offensive and ignorant comment. But a 12 match ban, really?

And why a charge now, three months after the incident, when Bentancour has long since apologised, the club has issued its statement and Son has laid the issue to rest? Had the FA been really serious about this, they'd taken action immediately. Don't wanna be conspiratoric, but the timing of this charge is extremely odd.

And why a charge now, three months after the incident, when Bentancour has long since apologised, the club has issued its statement and Son has laid the issue to rest? Had the FA been really serious about this, they'd taken action immediately. Don't wanna be conspiratoric, but the timing of this charge is extremely odd.

My thoughts as well, silly thing to say but talk about mountains out of molehills.

Think 12 match ban is the maximum punishment. Doubt bentancur will get anywhere near that. It was a stupid joke that was offensive. But there didn't seem to be any malice or intent to it. Just seemed more like ignorance.

Think 12 match ban is the maximum punishment. Doubt bentancur will get anywhere near that. It was a stupid joke that was offensive. But there didn't seem to be any malice or intent to it. Just seemed more like ignorance.
I would place the singing as more serious.

Just to be clear - I’m not trying to rank racism from acceptable to non acceptable, Both incidents were wrong. Just that one was clearly intended to be offensive (so warranting a greater punishment imo) the other didn’t have the same intent (again, imo) but is nonetheless unacceptable and at best a lazy racist trope.

12 matches is nuts but racism is a huge thing for the right reasons
My only concern is how they address other examples of it

Not defending the comments Bentancur made or excusing it but makes you wonder how the FA have jurisdiction here when the comments weren’t made in this country. Would understand if the club decided to sanction him as it’s not a good look for us but it’s totally different to the luis Suarez/Evra incident which happened in a PL game in this country.

Here's why I think that is the case.

It is because the government still recognise The FA as the governance body for our national sport in this country. They have watched the corrupt PL and their broadcasting company partners steal away and monopolise the decision rights away from our appointed governance body over many years. The PL and the BCs know that they have to tread very carefully around the reduced FA, and this was very evident during COVID times. We also know that 30% of households in the UK have Sky, and they have a parent company Comcast. Since the Obama days the Sky profits based on UK consumer spending can easily make their way and get repatriated in the US with low tax. The government also know that we have Brexited and yet UEFA still operate like the EU. They make sure they move money from the English football brand into their own coffers and even more money leaves the country.

That is why we now saw this in July 2024 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...ll to establish an,election was called in May.

Perhaps there could be the new sheriff in town soon.

It is because the government still recognise The FA as the governance body for our national sport in this country. They have watched the corrupt PL and their broadcasting company partners steal away and monopolise the decision rights away from our appointed governance body over many years. The PL and the BCs know that they have to tread very carefully around the reduced FA, and this was very evident during COVID times. We also know that 30% of households in the UK have Sky, and they have a parent company Comcast. Since the Obama days the Sky profits based on UK consumer spending can easily make their way and get repatriated in the US with low tax. The government also know that we have Brexited and yet UEFA still operate like the EU. They make sure they move money from the English football brand into their own coffers and even more money leaves the country.

That is why we now saw this in July 2024 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c80xdlz0ynjo#:~:text=A bill to establish an,election was called in May.

The government recognised the pl is one of this countries success stories. Soft power around the world. Brings in huge amounts of money.
Yes there should be better distribution but the cl is the biggest problem with that.

They need to be very careful how they intervene.

That is why we now saw this in July 2024 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c80xdlz0ynjo#:~:text=A bill to establish an,election was called in May.

It’s nothing to do with the government. The FA has a share in the PL and it’s agreed between the organisations that the FA is the over-arching governing body unless otherwise decided between the parties (as the FA is for the EFL as well).
Things will change to some extent when/if the Football Regulator comes into being although not to the level of disciplinary matters.

Also it wasnt made in a context he was representing the club. He was abroad as a private individual, on annual leave. It might be an employer matter or a police matter, but its got nothing to do with the English FA.

It’s nothing to do with the government. The FA has a share in the PL and it’s agreed between the organisations that the FA is the over-arching governing body unless otherwise decided between the parties (as the FA is for the EFL as well).
Things will change to some extent when/if the Football Regulator comes into being although not to the level of disciplinary matters.

That's a veneer. I'm talking about the political power plays that exist behind. The FA is overarching in name only. Ditto with UEFA who have ensure that <50% of the monies come back into the participating clubs. The average UEFA salary is 150k euros and they allocate moneys from the English PL brand to where they choose. Hence why the super league power play happened. The other power play is between FIFA and UEFA, we FIFA try to get at the money. This thing will all eventually blow up.

Trust me, when the PL and Sky were about to go rogue in the Covid period, the minister for sport made it very clear that the FA is the primary body. They had pushed their own selfish agendas too far at that point.

I guess all we can do now is hope the ban is minimal. It's such a shame, because our success this season will be massively down to ho we get this midfield engine going. I believe that Biss and Bents are 2 formidable players and yet we've never seen them strike up a partnership. We previously saw Bents carry Hoj in Conte's 2 man midfield. Then he got injured. We then saw Biss and Sarr create a very decent partnership at the start of last season. After that, I've not really seen a period where we're wax lyrical about that midfield duo with distractions like injuries, suspensions, AFCON etc. I'm also not sure I really remember too many games where Bents and Sarr played together either. I might be wrong on that though.

We need all these go-to combo's to call on, and even more forming with Gray and Bergval on board. It's such an important element of Ange-ball.

Back