• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I am a massive fan of Richy and want him to excel here but it is a bastard of a sexy stat that he has had more successful seal dribbles than goals in the premier league. It's reasonable that Kane took the pen but fudge I just want him to score so much!!!

What gets me is that if him and Son are both playing they never appear to swap sides, given Son's ambidextrous tendencies with his feet wouldn't it help to mix it up occasionally?

Things fell apart when Richy was subbed off today imo We somehow turned what was a comfortable win in to a bit of an odd one.

Was absolutely gutted he didn't get that goal today. I dont know if it was truly offside or not but I hate that it's measured by a finger nail nowadays, I miss the days of the lino flagging if there's daylight, at least then it feels like the striker is trying to gain an advantage etc.

Anyway, Was it true that he celebrated by doing the shush finger to the mouth at Conte?? I didn't see that when I was watching on TV but seen it commented on Twitter.

But it was always measured by a "fingernail", just often inaccurately based on a human's vision without supporting technology.

It's either onside or offside - Whilst I'm not truly convinced by the lines drawn it's more accurate than it was. If it was a goal scored by opposition I'm sure most would have been glad of VAR's involvement

But it was always measured by a "fingernail", just often inaccurately based on a human's vision without supporting technology.

It's either onside or offside - Whilst I'm not truly convinced by the lines drawn it's more accurate than it was. If it was a goal scored by opposition I'm sure most would have been glad of VAR's involvement

Yeah I know. A computer will obviously be more accurate (and therefore fairer) and will get it right more often, I just kind've miss the old days of a human lino looking for a clear (to a naked eye) offside, and not flagging if its close.

I wanted VAR for the horrific things... handballs being missed, sneaky elbows behind a refs back etc. Not to make the game a bit more anal.

But anyway.. Told myself I would stop moaning about VAR, It's not going away no matter how much some people want it to.

Was absolutely gutted he didn't get that goal today. I dont know if it was truly offside or not but I hate that it's measured by a finger nail nowadays, I miss the days of the lino flagging if there's daylight, at least then it feels like the striker is trying to gain an advantage etc.

Anyway, Was it true that he celebrated by doing the shush finger to the mouth at Conte?? I didn't see that when I was watching on TV but seen it commented on Twitter.

the word "daylight" never appeared in the laws of the game regarding offside

It took close to three minutes, the only view that works is a zoomed out one.

Cambridge university has actually published a study that VAR does NOT have the level of camera accuracy to make those type of calls, basically they make it suit themselves
and because of this corruption is still alive and well

the word "daylight" never appeared in the laws of the game regarding offside

Yeah I know but it did unofficially when I played. Refs used to say to lino's "only flag if its clear otherwise leave it to me". Not saying it was a rule, just the way it was informally.

Last edited:
I think there are more Important enhancers required to make the game better than what VAR brings to the table IMO. I don't personally see the enhancement of VAR is worth the disruption it causes to flow, a game which already stuggles badly with flow now.

As its a relevant topic of the week, the 43 minute of recent football i the Bournemough game is significant in that there is obviously something needed to be done about time wasting. That's a bigger issue than if someone's winky is unfortunately flapping so much that they are then offside.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Look up the study, basically the finding were

- Cameras are not set up in a way (fixed height/distance/angle to provide the technology to be accurate
- Quite often the ref picks the wrong frame

The answer is fudging simple, if it isn't offside clearly, if it takes more than 15 seconds to determine, let the fudging goal stand, especially if on field ref/linesman did not call it.

There are literally scum fans calling it a flimflam call today .. this is not helping the game

- Cameras are not set up in a way (fixed height/distance/angle to provide the technology to be accurate

The answer is fudging simple, if it isn't offside clearly, if it takes more than 15 seconds to determine, let the fudging goal stand, especially if on field ref/linesman did not call it.

There are literally scum fans calling it a flimflam call today .. this is not helping the game

I agree with the "-" points - How is it better to leave it to a blink of an eye call though? How you ever been a linesman (lines person / whatever it's currently called)?

You can reference it isn't helping via L'arse fans but it's more accurate than it was, the decision today seemed iffy but the statement that it's now more accurate than it was seems indisputable (, specifically on the offside calls, obviously it's better in other regards but appreciate that this seems to continue to be a great area

Last edited:

And that would be a darn sight easier if the defenders line was a metre wide. Ends all discussion/ variance considerations etc at a stroke.

Maybe the PL should be implementing the offsides system used during the World Cup: a chip in the ball with accelerometer, so that precise moment when the ball is struck will be the moment the offside lines will be drawn. Of course, there should be thickness to the line to account for error because it's still not perfect, but at least that way the subjective decisions are removed.

The technology is there, and I agree that VAR should be more transparent. Why are they in some trailer away from all the proceedings? I'm not saying their station should be located under the stadium urinal run-offs, but I wonder why it isn't at least visible like a terrarium.

And that would be a darn sight easier if the defenders line was a metre wide. Ends all discussion/ variance considerations etc at a stroke.

I don't understand this meter wide line point you keep refering to - you want the lines drawn by VAR to be a meter wide? Meaning a player can be a meter beyond the defender before being called offside?

I don't understand this meter wide line point you keep refering to - you want the lines drawn by VAR to be a meter wide? Meaning a player can be a meter beyond the defender before being called offside?
Thought the argument was for a 30cm wide line as that is the accuracy of a still frame?

Good to see him playing the guy must be a nightmare to play against, as for VAR it is still making a mockery of the game and it needs getting rid off. Every fan i talk to who actually goes to the games want it scrapped.

Back