• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Just seen, toffees play scum on Tuesday April 16th at scumirates, then chavs at the shed on 19th may, last game of the season, hmmmm ....

Just seen, toffees play scum on Tuesday April 16th at scumirates, then chavs at the shed on 19th may, last game of the season, hmmmm ....

A win for Everton and we possibly drop to 6th, but I think I would gladly take the gamble bearing in mind their other away fixtures.
A draw isnt a bad result either
A win for Arsenal would definitely make them favourites for 3rd in my book.

Penalties awarded this season in the PL
Chelsea - 9
WBA - 7
Liverpol,Arsenal,Emirates Marketing Project - 6
Man United - 5
Tottenham - 0

:eek:

Do you get the feeling fate is giving Arsenal a helping hand with their remaining fixtures though?

Sat Apr 20 Fulham a 4 days after Fulham have played at Chelsea, plus Arsenal have had an extra days rest
Sun Apr 28 United h No doubt the title will have been won at OT on the previous Monday night
Sat May 4 QPR a QPR look like being relegated the week before 10pts adrift with 3 left
Wigan h 3 or 4 days before a Cup final, or right after it
Sun May 18 Saudi Sportswashing Machine a Knowing our luck Toon will be safe by then despite today loss

And with our luck
City home Still in with a mathematical chance of the title next weekend
Wigan away Piemen fighting for their lives
Soton home Probably the only nothing game of our run-in
Chelsea away Enough said!
Stoke away Potters fighting for the win to seal survival?
Sunderland home May need to win to stay up

Chelsea - 9
WBA - 7
Man United - 5
Tottenham - 0

What with our habit for not converting penalties (Dempsey v Norwich in LC, Hudd and Ade in EL) it probably hasn't made much difference to our points tally :oops:

What with our habit for not converting penalties (Dempsey v Norwich in LC, Hudd and Ade in EL) it probably hasn't made much difference to our points tally :oops:

You may well be right, but my money is on Bale taking the next one we get, if he is still with us by that season!

Chelsea - 9
WBA - 7
Man United - 5
Tottenham - 0

We've had the most shots from outside the box, if we're to win penalties we need to take the ball into the box.

Do you get the feeling fate is giving Arsenal a helping hand with their remaining fixtures though?

Sat Apr 20 Fulham a 4 days after Fulham have played at Chelsea, plus Arsenal have had an extra days rest
Sun Apr 28 United h No doubt the title will have been won at OT on the previous Monday night
Sat May 4 QPR a QPR look like being relegated the week before 10pts adrift with 3 left
Sun May 18 Saudi Sportswashing Machine a Knowing our luck Toon will be safe by then despite today loss

And with our luck

If City beat us and win their other games, the United would play for the title at the Emirates if they win their other games. So I guess City beating us would have a tiny silver lining, which would be that United's game at the Emirates would probably still be significant.

Hopefully we beat City and United drop points too so the Emirates game still matters for them.

Chelsea - 9
WBA - 7
Man United - 5
Tottenham - 0

That is one of the reason we lost the penalty shootout to Basel. We didn't have any chance to practise penalties in the real-match environment before. AVB and the players should really be complaining about this in the media. The refs are simply refusing to give us penalties nowadays.

It doesn't look like we will be getting much favour from other teams in top 4 race now. So, we should ignore the other teams and try to win as many points as possible in our remaining matches. Based on his previous interviews, I think AVB is targetting 70 points which is the same point we got when we reached CL in 2010. I will be very satisfied if we can reach that 70 points again, will be happy with 71-72 points, delighted with 73-74 and will consider 75-76 as mere bonus. Any points below 70 will be really disappointing even if we reach the CL somehow.

We've had the most shots from outside the box, if we're to win penalties we need to take the ball into the box.

I know what you're saying, but when we have done and been fouled, we havent been given them, ref. Bale at Sunderland,etc;
Plus pretty sure we have had 3, maybe 4, handballs not given at WHL already this season

Not including our games against City and Chelsea I think it will be something like this:

bbcpredictor2.jpg

Lose against either of Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland or Southampton and we have to make for it up against Chelsea or City.

I know what you're saying, but when we have done and been fouled, we havent been given them, ref. Bale at Sunderland,etc;
Plus pretty sure we have had 3, maybe 4, handballs not given at WHL already this season

I'm not really sure I remember us not being awarded many blatant penalties to be honest. Every team is going to have a few of those incidents where someone crosses a ball and it hits someone on the arm right in front of them but then there's always the question of whether the def could get out of the way, whether they were holdings their arms up to get an extra chance of blocking the ball, how far the def is from the crosser etc etc. I dont see that in terms of those 'ball to hand' type incidents we've been badly treated

Regarding the other common penalty shouts - trips etc in the area - again I dont remember us having many claims turned down, apart from teh one you mention. But equally we havent been given any....which naturally brings you to the question of 'why dont we get into positions where we get penalties?'

Not sure what the answer is but my guess is simply that we lack the guile, trickery, quick feet in and around the box and lack that same sort of cleverness in our CFs. We dont particuarly play a lot of short, quick, couple yard one-twos around the area as we dont have a CF who can do that, and defs are only going to trip you if you're too quick for them

And with our luck

good observations - we have a much harder run in. lots will be decided on the state of mind of those teams playing. who knows...
good thing is that arsenal only seem to be scoring late goals these days. very narrow wins.

Chelsea at the moment are two different teams:

Their home form is outstanding - 9 wins and 1 draw from their last 10.
Their away form is terrible - 2 wins and 4 draws 6 losses from their last 12.

But it worth looking at their performances too which have been very poor away and reasonable to good at home.

People talk about their squad but they lack real cover for their better players e.g Mata, Cole etc...

They haven't really rotated at all so am well be suffering a bit of tiredness and we have had this break which surely can work in our favour

Not forgetting our all-time Premier League record at their home - 0 wins, 7 draws, 13 losses

Would be good if we could end our Stamford Bridge hoodoo in the same season as our Old Trafford one, both started after the 89/90 campaign when Lineker scored decisive goals so maybe it's fate [-o<

Back