• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

it starts here with arsenal, we are on level games right now, yesterday was a game in hand against west brom which was a guaranteed 3, the pressures is on them now, matching our results isn't good enough

they seem to be coping quite well with the pressure

its us im worried about

My main issue is always about the defence - I am not confident about them, plus we need to get other players scoring. Ade and siggy scoring the other night v an impressive Basel was a boon.

GHod this is squeaky bum time, I think we'll get CL but it's gonna be oh so close... maybe even on goal difference which wouldn't be in our best interest ! Nerves, yes, but it's a great feeling to go into the last couple of months like this, it's what it's all about. Very excited !

Have Arsenal got 22 points from their last 27? If they were to then keep winning they will have had an absolutely insane run, I just can't see it. They will slip up somewhere, because they simply aren't title challenging quality and can't have that form for too long. Remember last year they lost at home to Wigan then drew at home to Norwich. They can do that again.

But even if we do drop out, I think the spiel of 'needing' the champions league from the club is just PR bravado to make us look like a serious club. Levy has also said once that it's only the difference between being able to buy one more player. Our squad is strong, and regardless of where we finish next year, we only need a few additions to have a serious tilt at the title. A full season with AVB, and we can definitely do it.

Next season was always going to be the one for me, where we really should have been making a serious push towards title and top 4. This season was always going to be transitional, new style, losing King, Modric and VDV. New players like Siggy and Clint as replacements taking time to settle. People should remember that considering all that, 5th would still be a great achievement and shouldn't be too disheartened. But the fact is we still have a great possibility of third and we can be proud of that. People may say we have hard games to come but if we deserve to be third we will win them!

Have Arsenal got 22 points from their last 27? If they were to then keep winning they will have had an absolutely insane run, I just can't see it. They will slip up somewhere, because they simply aren't title challenging quality and can't have that form for too long. Remember last year they lost at home to Wigan then drew at home to Norwich. They can do that again.

But even if we do drop out, I think the spiel of 'needing' the champions league from the club is just PR bravado to make us look like a serious club. Levy has also said once that it's only the difference between being able to buy one more player. Our squad is strong, and regardless of where we finish next year, we only need a few additions to have a serious tilt at the title. A full season with AVB, and we can definitely do it.

Next season was always going to be the one for me, where we really should have been making a serious push towards title and top 4. This season was always going to be transitional, new style, losing King, Modric and VDV. New players like Siggy and Clint as replacements taking time to settle. People should remember that considering all that, 5th would still be a great achievement and shouldn't be too disheartened. But the fact is we still have a great possibility of third and we can be proud of that. People may say we have hard games to come but if we deserve to be third we will win them!

dont think thats true.....we wouldnt have got rid of Redknapp if it was

agree that next season was always the real litmus test but i do have a question for you in particular

how do you yourself decide when you take comments from the club word for word at face value and when not to?

cause you normally say stuff like "they said it, so it is" kind of thing but you dont seem to buy into that CL statement thing

I think a great thing for us is that Arsenal and Evertons game in hand is against eachother..

dont think thats true.....we wouldnt have got rid of Redknapp if it was

I don't think getting rid of Harry was because he didn't get top 4 or because the club seriously thought that after selling Modric, VDV, having King retire and implementing a new style with a new manager that it would be failure if we didn't get top 4 this year. Bringing AVB in was about the long term.

agree that next season was always the real litmus test but i do have a question for you in particular

how do you yourself decide when you take comments from the club word for word at face value and when not to?

cause you normally say stuff like "they said it, so it is" kind of thing but you dont seem to buy into that CL statement thing

I'm not sure, can you give me an example?

Mostly it's just looking beyond what the club is saying and asking why, and whether or not it's realistic. For instance when AVB said we weren't interested in Lloris, it was pretty clear we were, and AVB was toeing the party line to aid in our negotiating position.

And because of the quality of our squad, and because of the competitiveness of the team around us, I can't think that people with the football understanding of Levy would be demanding CL this season and saying that anything else is failure. Arsenal are still strong, so are Chelsea. Emirates Marketing Project and United will always be up there. We will have to do very well to guarentee top 4 ahead of these teams.

But at the same time, we do have the quality to suggest that with a couple more quality additions, we really could push for the title. I can see City, us and Chelsea all closing the gap towards United next year and so can Arsenal if they spend. It will be a closer top 4, and we can be a part of that. It still doesn't mean we would guarantee top 4, but we can make a push for the title, because that will be the landscape of the league. And because of that landscape, it doesn't mean a failure to get top 4 is the horror of all horrors, the destruction of our club and we need to start again.

AVB has proven himself in a transitional year. We've got some good results, the players like playing for him and enjoy him by all accounts, and there's no need to panic. If next season we are not keeping in touch with the top 4 then there is room to panic. But I think we will do well next year.

I predict we will finish 5th, thought we had a chance of getting in the top 4 but after the last 2 home games that has gone, maybe not mathematically yet but is like watching a golfer going onto the 15th green a few shots infront, you know what will happen. History i was told was important to learn so that we dont repeat it, unfortunatley we have not, think we all know whats coming really.

With a Chelsea win today it's no longer in our own hands. My target this season was 70 points. If we reach that we stand a chance.

I don't think getting rid of Harry was because he didn't get top 4 or because the club seriously thought that after selling Modric, VDV, having King retire and implementing a new style with a new manager that it would be failure if we didn't get top 4 this year. Bringing AVB in was about the long term.

what long term? i dont see Levy/Lewis as patient people. If AVB doesnt deliver what they want he will be gone

what long term? i dont see Levy/Lewis as patient people. If AVB doesnt deliver what they want he will be gone

Establishing a playing style, a clear route from youth teams to first team, all that kind of stuff.

I just can't believe they seriously thought that with the top 4 as competitive as it is, and after losing 3 key players, that failure to secure it would be massive failure. They must have surely accepted one season at least would be transitional.

If we take at least a point versus City and Arsenal drop at least two over their next two games, i think we'll squeeze into 4th.
What Arsenal and Chelsea have both shown this weekend, is that when they need to buckle down and get the points, they do. Unfortunately, we are more likely just to buckle.
Lets hope i'm wrong, its not like i've been following spurs for 35 years or anything...oh no, hold on...

Back