• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Action in the States looks more likely. They are alleged to have passed FBI documents to the Russians and acted as go-betweens for the Trump campaign. You also have Farage's unexplained visit to Assange.

Extradite the twit. Would be hilarious if they threw him into Guantanamo. I have actually been there myself! True story.

Good businessman meeting and networking with others. What's wrong with that.

He's an average businessman. Hasn't actually made a fortune from insurance. His companies underwrite each other and don't make as much money as he claims. However, he married a Russian spy...

...and quite simply that is the source of his wealth. The Russian government, on seeing him destablise the UK, and help Russia divide NATO nations, were happy to sell him gold mines for a fraction of their worth on the understanding that they won't novichoch him as long as he put a wedge into Brexit.

Should that be allowed? Should the UK let foreign powers influence our democracy? Banks is a buffoon, who makes out he's a big nob, when he's actually acting for a foreign agent, and getting rich off the back of it.

Last edited:
Networking will usually include foreign governments. Britain offers tax cuts to people who come n and make investments here.

It is a global world, Banks seems to understand this. Is pretty straight forward. Seems like conspiracy theories of some bad losers trying to cause trouble.

No surprise there then. ;)

Can you elaborate.

There is a Cuban town a mile or so away from the US base called Guantanamo. You wouldn't go there as a tourist, a few do to see the base from a far only.

Apologies not so exciting. There was some adventure, I was stranded there. I'd negotiated a car ride from the airport to a beautiful little place by the sea called Baracoa. But the hustler obviously didn't want to drive the whole way. So he chucked me out in Guantanamo by the side of the road - where Cubans congregate for a lift. I refused to pay the guy. The driver kicked off, as he'd driven me a third of the way. Everything is open in Cuba and the whole crowd got involved, like a jury they collectively decided what I should pay this hustler, I paid him, and was left standing in the dusty road praying for a car to show up.

Last edited:
There is a Cuban town a mile or so away from the US base called Guantanamo. You wouldn't go there as a tourist, a few do to see the base from a far only.

Apologies not so exciting. It was an adventure however, as I became stranded there. I'd negotiated a car ride from the airport to a beautiful little place by the sea called Baracoa. But the hustler obviously didn't want to drive the whole way. So he chucked me out in Guantanamo by the side of the road - where Cubans congregate for a lift. I refused to pay the guy. The driver kicked off, as he'd driven me a third of the way. Everything is open in Cuba and the whole crowd got involved, like a jury they collectively decided what I should pay this hustler, I paid him, and was left standing in the dusty road praying for a car!
I thought it would be a better story. Embellish it the next time you tell it.
;)

So David Davis and Steve Baker resign. 6-7 more government resignations expected in the morning.

May will surely be gone by tea time

DhnxrvKWsAEAvEb.jpg

Suella Braverman brings the resignations to 3 now too

So this "Common rulebook"....

Does it only apply to goods and services sold to the EU? Obviously I'm not naive enough to believe that we would have any say in those rules, that's just a linguistic fudge by May to try and sneak this past people who care about that stuff.

But if it only applies to EU trade then I think the government have found a decent compromise. Not too keen on shutting down FoM, but it's hard to imagine a Brexit that doesn't, based on what a lot of people voted for.

I can't keep up with all the news at the minute. Seems like the government is finally imploding, those kids in Thailand getting rescued from the cave, England in the World Cup semi finals, that poor woman who has died from Novichok poisoning...and Trump hasn't even visited yet!

From the beeb:
Mr Davis said he proposed one approach, but Mrs May chose another "more conciliatory" one

So it looks like our poor bargaining and constant bending over is directly at the hand of May. One who credited her with any level of intelligence might suggest that she engineered a weak position so as to force the form of Brexit she already wanted through. I don't believe she nearly has the cognitive dexterity for that.

It would pay to keep May out of any discussions regarding Brexit in the future, I think. Probably best to just send the EU our terms as they stand and tell them that the next response we will acknowledge is an acceptance of our terms. Meanwhile start noisily planning for a WTO Brexit.

Just saw a Tory MP on the news just now (forget the name) -- he was asked if May should go. Said "it's up to her, but if she breaks manifesto promises, things have consequences."

In other words, "here's a bottle of Scotch and a revolver, what you do now is up to you."

I don't understand that logic. We don't have a presidential system - PMs have never been elected. It was the manifesto that was elected

Also, there's barely even time for a leadership contest before Brexit day, let alone a GE
That's actually my point. If it were a presidential system, you replace the president.
We clearly have a failing Government, so mass resignations that bring down the prime minister should have consequences - a review of the elected officials by the electorate.

The Tory MP that said not delivering manefesto promises has consequenses is right. But it's the cabinet as a whole, not just the PM, that has to deliver that. The Tory party has failed to elect a leader and cabinet to do it's job. Time to reconsider if they are capable.

That's actually my point. If it were a presidential system, you replace the president.
We clearly have a failing Government, so mass resignations that bring down the prime minister should have consequences - a review of the elected officials by the electorate.

The Tory MP that said not delivering manefesto promises has consequenses is right. But it's the cabinet as a whole, not just the PM, that has to deliver that. The Tory party has failed to elect a leader and cabinet to do it's job. Time to reconsider if they are capable.
We vote for our local MPs - those MPs form a government. Unless Theresa May is your MP then you didn't vote for her anyway - even if she is, you only voted for her in her capacity as an MP.

Back