• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I am obviously at the far end of leave and would like to see a full break.

But a softish Brexit is probably the best we can hope for. I just hope we diversify our economy enough so when Europe implodes it does not take us down with it.

The Tories will face a wipe out if the is not some sort of control on immigration and the ability to strike its own trade deals.

I am kind of tired of it all and would just like to see a massive road and transport building scheme. Huge vertical farms and a push towards blockchain and renewable energy industries. Do not really see any politician out there that will do what I want though.

It will hopefully be the start of the journey.

And by say 2025 we'll be expanding trade greatly within the TPP and Ireland will be unified (nationalist voting age majority is due in 2022), and we can take the next set of steps away

It will hopefully be the start of the journey.

And by say 2025 we'll be expanding trade greatly within the TPP and Ireland will be unified (nationalist voting age majority is due in 2022), and we can take the next set of steps away

It will be a gradual thing as you say. But hopefully we can keep as far away from the mess that is the EU. Europe has so many issues and we would do best to forge our own path.

So, is May's Brexit proposal workable? It's a start, right? Aligned with the EU, no thanks to Yanks bending us over in a trade deal (as the rules we'd have to follow re. EU won't jive with what yanks would like) and they are having a stab at the issue of free movement, which is the defining issue of Brexit imo (like it or not).

Doesn't seem too bad to me. Whether her own party will let her have a go at negotiating it with the EU is another matter though. We'll find out soon enough.

So, is May's Brexit proposal workable? It's a start, right? Aligned with the EU, no thanks to Yanks bending us over in a trade deal (as the rules we'd have to follow re. EU won't jive with what yanks would like) and they are having a stab at the issue of free movement, which is the defining issue of Brexit imo (like it or not).

Doesn't seem too bad to me. Whether her own party will let her have a go at negotiating it with the EU is another matter though. We'll find out soon enough.

All things considered it doesn't look terrible... But what about services?

All things considered it doesn't look terrible... But what about services?

Even though our economy is mainly services, the vast majority of that is for the domestic market - the NHS, councils, schools, universities, retail, hospitality etc. Even banks and auditors tend to be multinational companies with a presence in the UK, rather than British companies wanting to export per se

Last edited:
I doubt it, that's a very high bar to set. I would think that most likely is further action against Leave EU for indirect foreign funding.

Can you imagine, though, what the Sun and Mail would be like if Corbyn met the Russians 11 times during a general election campaign?

Quite.

I doubt it, that's a very high bar to set. I would think that most likely is further action against Leave EU for indirect foreign funding.

Can you imagine, though, what the Sun and Mail would be like if Corbyn met the Russians 11 times during a general election campaign?

Is Corbyn a businessman wanting to expand his gold stock?

He is 'networking' with a hostile foreign power, who then for some reason offered him preferential rates to acquire state assets... Nothing dodgy about that???

Networking will usually include foreign governments. Britain offers tax cuts to people who come n and make investments here.

It is a global world, Banks seems to understand this. Is pretty straight forward. Seems like conspiracy theories of some bad losers trying to cause trouble.

Back