• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Those two charts show that there will be a significant cost to you and I. We will get less for our money in the shops - already happening - and as growth fades, the government will have less money to spend on services to us. Cuts to hospital budgets, schools etc which has been happening since the credit crunch, will continue.

The sooner we can cancel Brexit and move on the better. Instead, focus on achieving the underlying aims of Brexit from within the EU (stimulate export growth, register EU migrants and create bureaucracy for them, take in less non-EU migrants, invest in education and incentivise UK skills training e.g. scrap Tuition Fees for NHS trainees who currently pay to work on placement!). Build a sense of national pride with clear shared aims for British people.

Cancelling Brexit would result in significant growth for the UK as much of the investments that's been on hold would flood back in. The pound would rally making goods cheaper for people to buy again, and the government could focus on bringing about the desired changes, without wasting time on negotiating with ??? number of countries to put in place trading terms.

It's a 'no brainer' isn't it?

Hashtag GHod bless Barcelona this weekend
Hashtag dont give into the Nazis that want to stop freedom
Hashtag give democracy a chance
Hashtag GHod loves Barcelona.

I have no idea what this hashtag thing is, but my nieces say it all the time in everyday conversation and it is fcuking annoying so i thought i would annoy you gays i mean guys.

Someone want to tell me why the Miguel's are stopping the good people of Barcelona having an election. Seems wrong to me.

They ought to ignore the whole vote for independence. The result won't mean anything at all anyway. By fighting it they are giving it credence.

The fun part of independence is a Catalonian league looking something like Barcelona, Espanyol, Girona, Barcelona B, Espanyol B, Reus, Gimnastico, Barcelona C, Badalona (it's a real club), Cornella, L'Hospitalet, Lleida, Olot, Pobla, Sabadell. Good luck with that.

They ought to ignore the whole vote for independence. The result won't mean anything at all anyway. By fighting it they are giving it credence.

The fun part of independence is a Catalonian league looking something like Barcelona, Espanyol, Girona, Barcelona B, Espanyol B, Reus, Gimnastico, Barcelona C, Badalona (it's a real club), Cornella, L'Hospitalet, Lleida, Olot, Pobla, Sabadell. Good luck with that.
It's also likely to be stay, well before they started to throw their weight around anyhow.

I like that Reus is helping out by just playing the other teams on his own.

Those two charts show that there will be a significant cost to you and I. We will get less for our money in the shops - already happening - and as growth fades, the government will have less money to spend on services to us. Cuts to hospital budgets, schools etc which has been happening since the credit crunch, will continue.

The sooner we can cancel Brexit and move on the better. Instead, focus on achieving the underlying aims of Brexit from within the EU (stimulate export growth, register EU migrants and create bureaucracy for them, take in less non-EU migrants, invest in education and incentivise UK skills training e.g. scrap Tuition Fees for NHS trainees who currently pay to work on placement!). Build a sense of national pride with clear shared aims for British people.

Cancelling Brexit would result in significant growth for the UK as much of the investments that's been on hold would flood back in. The pound would rally making goods cheaper for people to buy again, and the government could focus on bringing about the desired changes, without wasting time on negotiating with ??? number of countries to put in place trading terms.

It's a 'no brainer' isn't it?

Growth isn't good. Its just a measure of how quickly we are destroying the planet.

Happiness is good. And freedom is good

Degrowth is the future and is coming soon

Last edited:
Hashtag GHod bless Barcelona this weekend
Hashtag dont give into the Nazis that want to stop freedom
Hashtag give democracy a chance
Hashtag GHod loves Barcelona.

I have no idea what this hashtag thing is, but my nieces say it all the time in everyday conversation and it is fcuking annoying so i thought i would annoy you gays i mean guys.

Someone want to tell me why the Miguel's are stopping the good people of Barcelona having an election. Seems wrong to me.

Spain has gone proper authoritarian. It feels a bit like the Prague Spring, where the tanks will come over the border any minute

Spain has gone proper authoritarian. It feels a bit like the Prague Spring, where the tanks will come over the border any minute

Seems to me they are headed back to the days of Franco aided by the EVIL EU. Another country where the elite try to stop the will of the people aided by the EVIL EU. Why not listen to the people but no the Spanish will not do that, they have been learning lessons from the EVIL EU.

Did I tell you I think the EU is EVIL.

Seems to me they are headed back to the days of Franco aided by the EVIL EU. Another country where the elite try to stop the will of the people aided by the EVIL EU. Why not listen to the people but no the Spanish will not do that, they have been learning lessons from the EVIL EU.

Did I tell you I think the EU is EVIL.

Catalonia first, then Flanders, and in time Scotland - and the EU's whole suppression of diverse identities and upward concentration of power is destroyed.

Like when Ukraine and the Baltic states started flexing their muscles towards the end of the USSR

I travel quite a bit in Europe, north, east, south and west, and have noticed food prices going up just as dramatically everywhere in the last year. Actually the prices of many things in different sectors have been going up, 5-10% in most cases.

So she'll we also blame European price hikes on Brexit?
Actually yes. Market confidence will be felt across the world and affect the cost of factors of production, with the price effect being felt in the buying market (IE the EU).
The question is what ie done about the prices post Brexit, and that is where the EU are likely to have more influence, whilst we scramble around create new trade deals.
Expect the look of the UK economy to look dramatically different and up and down for 10-15 years.

Actually yes. Market confidence will be felt across the world and affect the cost of factors of production, with the price effect being felt in the buying market (IE the EU).
The question is what ie done about the prices post Brexit, and that is where the EU are likely to have more influence, whilst we scramble around create new trade deals.
Expect the look of the UK economy to look dramatically different and up and down for 10-15 years.
Why don't we just buy tariff-free food from all the countries that have been desperate to trade with us for years? That'll keep prices down.

Catalonia first, then Flanders, and in time Scotland - and the EU's whole suppression of diverse identities and upward concentration of power is destroyed.

Like when Ukraine and the Baltic states started flexing their muscles towards the end of the USSR
Sorry GB, I like a lot of your posts but that is complete nonsense. I have worked with EU institutions, identities are not suppressed. The issues in Spain are rooted in the treatment of the Catalan people under Franco and their dissatisfaction with the current Spanish Government - nothing to do with the EU. Neither the Catalans nor the Scots have indicated that they want to leave the EU.

Sorry GB, I like a lot of your posts but that is complete nonsense. I have worked with EU institutions, identities are not suppressed. The issues in Spain are rooted in the treatment of the Catalan people under Franco and their dissatisfaction with the current Spanish Government - nothing to do with the EU. Neither the Catalans nor the Scots have indicated that they want to leave the EU.

Actually, us Scots don't seem to know what we want.
Independence is all but dead and the SNP membership is split over the EU. The argument being what's independent about giving even more power to an even bigger state than the one you've just left and where you'll have even less of a voice.

Catalonia situation looks pretty much the same as Scotland. Vote independence, trust us, it will work, honest.

Actually, us Scots don't seem to know what we want.
Independence is all but dead and the SNP membership is split over the EU. The argument being what's independent about giving even more power to an even bigger state than the one you've just left and where you'll have even less of a voice.

Catalonia situation looks pretty much the same as Scotland. Vote independence, trust us, it will work, honest.
Why would you not want to govern your own country? Be the masters of your own fate! Leaving the EU complication aside, I honestly I don't understand the reasons why you wouldn't want independence. Educate me.

Just as soon as we're sure about their hygiene and handling standards, let's crack on.

Looking forward to those nice, fresh perishables winging their way across the Pacific. :p
Perishables can get here from Africa or Asia as quickly as they can parts of Europe. The logistics problem with food was sorted a long time ago.

Standards on any product should be a consumer choice.

Last edited:
Perishables can get here from Africa or Asia as quickly as they can parts of Europe. The logistics problem with food was sorted a long time ago.

Standards on any product should be a consumer choice.

I was only (half) pulling your leg.

It was a glib retort-in-kind.

I'd imagine the non-tariff barriers could well be more of an issue than the tariffs.

I don't think consumers will want a drop, or less transparency in food standards.

Back