• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

No, just the tweet, no link.
I thought it was a spoof account - "fake news"....I say I have information, let people make up the truth.

No worries, I'm sure anything good will come out in the wash

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's no more than, I know someone on the inside and they told me this. I think that you are right, if there is anything in it, it will soon be common knowledge through the Westminster rumour mill.

It's being argued here that this approach would not be as simple as it first seems.

https://waitingfortax.com/2017/03/08/can-you-hear-the-drums-a-banging/
I wasn't talking about walking out on negotiations - I was talking about the threat of not offering residency to EU nationals.

The article you linked to relies on parliament having the stomach to go against the public will and not pre-authorise May to leave when required. I think very few MPs do, and it would be very damaging for those who joined them.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the possibility of no deal. Whether that's just people briefing against the govt and agitating, or the govt seeking to normalise that position, I don't know, but it *feels* like that shadow is softly creeping.

Am I right in thinking that we can't just revert to WTO terms but have (re)apply to join?

If so, what happens during the interim period (out of the EU, not yet in WTO) or can the withdrawal/rejoin overlap?

There seems to be a lot of talk about the possibility of no deal. Whether that's just people briefing against the govt and agitating, or the govt seeking to normalise that position, I don't know, but it *feels* like that shadow is softly creeping.

Am I right in thinking that we can't just revert to WTO terms but have (re)apply to join?

If so, what happens during the interim period (out of the EU, not yet in WTO) or can the withdrawal/rejoin overlap?
weekly-rations1.jpg

I wasn't talking about walking out on negotiations - I was talking about the threat of not offering residency to EU nationals.

The article you linked to relies on parliament having the stomach to go against the public will and not pre-authorise May to leave when required. I think very few MPs do, and it would be very damaging for those who joined them.

I'd prefer it it we, as a country, did not phuck with people's lives this way. Regardless of what the EU want to do with UK citizens abroad, we should do the decent thing and re-assure those people already here that they will be able to stay and carry on with their lives. Leaving them in limbo is totally wrong.

I'd prefer it it we, as a country, did not phuck with people's lives this way. Regardless of what the EU want to do with UK citizens abroad, we should do the decent thing and re-assure those people already here that they will be able to stay and carry on with their lives. Leaving them in limbo is totally wrong.
I'd rather we used every bit of leverage we have to ensure those thoroughly untrustworthy fudgers can't screw us over.

We don't have to do it, we just have to convince them we're willing to.

I'd rather we used every bit of leverage we have to ensure those thoroughly untrustworthy fudgers can't screw us over.

We don't have to do it, we just have to convince them we're willing to.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think we should be using people as leverage in this way. Negotiate hard on all the other aspects, sure, but I want to see us take the moral high ground on this one. Also, I don't want to see us feed the "send them all back" sentiment of the far right.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think we should be using people as leverage in this way. Negotiate hard on all the other aspects, sure, but I want to see us take the moral high ground on this one. Also, I don't want to see us feed the "send them all back" sentiment of the far right.
There is certainly the risk of encouraging that unwanted element.

Problem is though, it is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) card we're holding. If Merkel gets her way and we have an amicable, balanced discussion then I wouldn't dream of using it. If Juncker gets his clamy way then we should absolutely be discussing the threat of 1M Polish landing in Calais.

So now the SNP have called for a second Indy Ref and with the Green's support, the Scottish Parliament will vote for it.

So now the SNP have called for a second Indy Ref and with the Green's support, the Scottish Parliament will vote for it.
I may have completely misunderstood the law, but don't they get a referendum when we say they get a referendum?

I may have completely misunderstood the law, but don't they get a referendum when we say they get a referendum?

The Scottish Government can publish a bill, but it needs the consent of the UK government to be made legally binding

As a supporter of Scottish independence and potential future dual citizen, I think Sturgeon is stupid doing this now. The EU will completely torpedo it by insisting Scotland will have to adopt Schengen, the Euro and most of the UK's budgetary commitments, because they are petrified of Catalonia and Flanders. England and Wales might also plant the seed that they will have to take Northern Ireland in the split too. The SNP just need to get their head down and govern for a decade, to show they are capable of running a country, and not just being a party of protest.

Back