• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Putting up NIC for those who are self-employed. What really are the Tories playing at? Is this the first example of a c0cky move because there is a weak opposition party?
It is a slap in the face of those one would have thought the Tories would almost want to reward, given they are more important to the Economy since the downturn (or so they have often proclaimed).
Not to mention it goes against their pledges in their manifesto. I guess it's no wonder people don't trust politicians these days..

Still, very weird...

Is this the first example of a c0cky move because there is a weak opposition party? - First?

Manifesto set in stone when it suits - Jeremy Hunt: I cannot negotiate on manifesto promise of 24-hour NHS

Putting up NIC for those who are self-employed. What really are the Tories playing at? Is this the first example of a c0cky move because there is a weak opposition party?
It is a slap in the face of those one would have thought the Tories would almost want to reward, given they are more important to the Economy since the downturn (or so they have often proclaimed).
I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that this lot don't know how to Conservative properly. Modern conservatism is socially liberal with low taxes and low spending.

May/Spreadsheet seem to be obsessed with getting into everyone's business and taxing the arses out of us all.

Not to mention it goes against their pledges in their manifesto. I guess it's no wonder people don't trust politicians these days..

Still, very weird...
I'm fairly sure it was in the detail of the manifesto, just not in the headlines that they were only referring to PAYE earners.

I'm fairly sure it was in the detail of the manifesto, just not in the headlines that they were only referring to PAYE earners.
has he not said that this point was in the legislation after they were elected - if in the manifesto I would have thought he would hav ementioned it.

"Speaking on BBC1’s Breakfast, Hammond rejected the idea he had broken a promise and said the issue was dealt with in legislation after the Tories’ election victory. “No one objected, no one raised any issues about it,” he said of the parliamentary discussions. “We regard that issue as dealt with – we dealt with it in 2015.”

Still, very weird...

Countering the gig economy. It's the first move against Uber/Deliveroo pretending their staff are self-employed to circumvent taxes.

Genuine sole traders like builders etc. are unfortunate collateral damage in that bigger battle.

Countering the gig economy. It's the first move against Uber/Deliveroo pretending their staff are self-employed to circumvent taxes.

Genuine sole traders like builders etc. are unfortunate collateral damage in that bigger battle.

I ran a locksmith franchise for 9 years back in the day, also was a taxi driver and worked for Thompson holidays as a maintenance manager in Tunisia for 2 years on a sub contract basis. I was each time the Director of my own company. I am not an intelligent man but when it comes to lowering my tax bill I did everything within the law so you take a basic wage and pay yourself a higher dividend. Worked really well for me for a number of years and saved a load on tax.

Now basically retired but am going to be working 3 days a week 22 hours but all that money will now be put into a savings account for some treatment for a medical condition. It will be good to have a place to go to each week, because at 52 it is to young to do nothing and I think you can fester.

Anyway I digress, the best way these builders to get round it would be to set up as a company. When I worked building sites when I first left school I just used to get paid cash in hand and would declare what I wanted. Ahhh Thatchers Britain, I miss it:p

has he not said that this point was in the legislation after they were elected - if in the manifesto I would have thought he would hav ementioned it.

"Speaking on BBC1’s Breakfast, Hammond rejected the idea he had broken a promise and said the issue was dealt with in legislation after the Tories’ election victory. “No one objected, no one raised any issues about it,” he said of the parliamentary discussions. “We regard that issue as dealt with – we dealt with it in 2015.”
I must have misheard then because that's the interview I was listening to this morning.

fudge was that budget?

Stop arsing around. get us out of Europe, give us a land tax and a citizens income.

Then we thrive.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...hat-exposes-hypocritical-democracy-says-china
US election was my favourite buttplug that exposes 'hypocritical' democracy, says China

this is what makes Trump so dangerous, the US has checks and balances that will somewhat limit his "Trumpness" but it will give other more questionable regimes the legitimacy to do what they want. Not necessarily China as they march to their own drum regardless. But we will see Arab states and African nations using trump as a shield when they go against elections, shut down the press and remove LGBT rights.

Trump may state that he only cares about America, which is his right but regardless his actions have wider consequences.

fudge was that budget?

Stop arsing around. get us out of Europe, give us a land tax and a citizens income.

Then we thrive.
We already have a land tax, the government rapes me for it every time I move house.

And our minimum wage is already crippling to businesses.

Back