• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Such is the life of a politician.
He's the best of a very bad lot.
People seem to forget that 11 weeks ago the country was spiralling towards an abyss after years of tory government, Brexit and an economy that was all but shut down and funded for months.
Did they really think a change of government was going to turn that around in 12 weeks, are we really that spoilt now.

Yes and that stupid, they need to get on their mobiles and see what to think.

Agree @parklane1 but I'd say it's been spiralling downhill since Blair and 'New Labour'. As a working class bloke I would always look to vote for Labour but now I don't really feel any parties have my interests at heart and the vast majority of politicians are in it for their own personal gain.

I was a Labour man myself for years, however after Blair took us into war on a lie that was the end of my support for them.

So... all you smokers, Kier is after you next.
Every government would simply ban it if the tabacco industry wouldn't sue them under competition laws. Its just a silly dance of gradually ramping things up till that point anyway.

I dont remember the last time i met a smoker anyway - a good 10 years perhaps. Its kind of an old poor person's thing. We should try and push those groups onto mushrooms instead - something with a bit of a hit but which will even benefit their mental health

Every government would simply ban it if the tabacco industry wouldn't sue them under competition laws. Its just a silly dance of gradually ramping things up till that point anyway.

I dont remember the last time i met a smoker anyway - a good 10 years perhaps. Its kind of an old poor person's thing. We should try and push those groups onto mushrooms instead - something with a bit of a hit but which will even benefit their mental health

The kids are more into vaping I guess, but there are still a few smokers around. Having been to old East Germany this summer and further east last summer, smoking is still big business. We have come much further up in the north west.

I might have mixed the numbers up, but I believe it is true that each year in the UK, smoking causes as many deaths as Covid did.

If that is true, damn right it's something we can fix. Imagine taking that strain off the NHS.

It may sound crazy and unworkable now, but thats what they said about banning smoking inside.

I might have mixed the numbers up, but I believe it is true that each year in the UK, smoking causes as many deaths as Covid did.

If that is true, damn right it's something we can fix. Imagine taking that strain off the NHS.

It may sound crazy and unworkable now, but thats what they said about banning smoking inside.
Just pass a law saying tobacco will classified as a class c drug from 1/1/25. Illegal to sell, import or use. The same as was recently done with laughing gas.

Like i say, the only problem is Phillp Morris and co will sue the government for tens of billions for damages and probably win.

Agree @parklane1 but I'd say it's been spiralling downhill since Blair and 'New Labour'. As a working class bloke I would always look to vote for Labour but now I don't really feel any parties have my interests at heart and the vast majority of politicians are in it for their own personal gain.
There are too many. Not sure I'd go with majority though.
The party machines are a problem - they're no.1 goal is reelection, not governance; the balance is wrong.
There are lots of good MPs in the smaller parties too.
The sooner we stumble into coalition Govts the better.

But COVID wasn't real.

You're not serious?

Reports that 12 people died crossing the Channel illegally in a boat today including a pregnant woman.

This website is like a microcosm of the country. Because we talk about illegal entry to this country and people get angry or entrenched in their view.

But is it not long past the time we as a country sorted it once and for all.

Personally feel that the French and British government and culpable in the deaths of these people.

Back