• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Sorry are you and Nigel Farage blaming Sadiq Khan for this?

Wasn't aware he was Mayor of London in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/oct/18/newsstory.sport10

Almost, almost like whipping up a story against a person of colour for the clicks...
Behave yourself.

Im not whipping anything but my missus and that's because she loves it.

Who is bringing colour into it. Maybe the rule existed before, but all I heard was the Mayor had banned it. Guess he should ban adverts on busses as they are distracting.

Why you got to bring race into everything.

Behave yourself.

Im not whipping anything but my missus and that's because she loves it.

Who is bringing colour into it. Maybe the rule existed before, but all I heard was the Mayor had banned it. Guess he should ban adverts on busses as they are distracting.

Why you got to bring race into everything.

I can only find frothing at the mouth right wing hacks talking about this at all. Is this a new position or just culture war posturing to try and maintain the Reform momentum after a couple of days slippage?

There was a bit of fuss over St George's Day and this in April and it goes back to a regulation passed by Boris Johnson in 2012 from what i can pick out of the dregs of literacy in a Sun article.

We need immigrants. The question is how many is too many? Can you have too many? I’d like someone not named Farage to have an attempt at answering the question. It isn’t necessarily about space, it’s resources. It makes me laugh when people like Elon Musk says we need more people on this planet. He’s not stupid, again it comes down to resources not space.

We 100% need immigration but we should just be honest about why it's needed. I mean take doctors, currently there's about 9K uni places a year. Lets say we wanted to double it to 20K a year. What's stopping us doing that, is it training cost, uni's unable to manage the total, not enough placement opportunities etc or is it just that it's cheaper for us to bring in doctors from abroad.

I can only find frothing at the mouth right wing hacks talking about this at all. Is this a new position or just culture war posturing to try and maintain the Reform momentum after a couple of days slippage?

There was a bit of fuss over St George's Day and this in April and it goes back to a regulation passed by Boris Johnson in 2012 from what i can pick out of the dregs of literacy in a Sun article.
Well I read it a couple of days ago on the BBC website. Only bothered reading the headline as was in a rush. Which is why I asked the question in here. Why would the mayor either implement it or uphold it. Seems so utterly pointless.

We 100% need immigration but we should just be honest about why it's needed. I mean take doctors, currently there's about 9K uni places a year. Lets say we wanted to double it to 20K a year. What's stopping us doing that, is it training cost, uni's unable to manage the total, not enough placement opportunities etc or is it just that it's cheaper for us to bring in doctors from abroad.

I’d like to see Labour answer the question as to how many is too many but I think they’re scared to.

Well I read it a couple of days ago on the BBC website. Only bothered reading the headline as was in a rush. Which is why I asked the question in here. Why would the mayor either implement it or uphold it. Seems so utterly pointless.

"I glimpsed at something and instead of reading it I thought I'd flap on the internet using my half baked understanding as a point in my unrelated pre-concieved notion despite not having actually taken in the information that I am for some reason overreacting to"

It's great stuff, it really is. Armando Ianucci irony but stumbled upon entirely inadvertently.

And to think, they're saying milk is racist too, these days, you can't even say you're English, you'll be arrested.

You're telling me that if you say you're English these days, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail? Yeah that's the gist of it. And they're making everyone trans. Doomed, doomed I tell you.

"I glimpsed at something and instead of reading it I thought I'd flap on the internet using my half baked understanding as a point in my unrelated pre-concieved notion despite not having actually taken in the information that I am for some reason overreacting to"

It's great stuff, it really is. Armando Ianucci irony but stumbled upon entirely inadvertently.

And to think, they're saying milk is racist too, these days, you can't even say you're English, you'll be arrested.

You're telling me that if you say you're English these days, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail? Yeah that's the gist of it. And they're making everyone trans. Doomed, doomed I tell you.

So if you say your English?

You get thrown is prison?

So if you say your English?

You get thrown is prison?

These days, mate, these days. I know because a taxi driver told me. Not like in the good old days, when you could say you're English without getting arrested. Nowadays, you can get arrested just for saying you're English. But back in the.......

It's actually dreadfully sad what people get worked up about whilst serious problems play themselves out right in front of our eyes. I guess distraction is the name of the game and it's not like I'm above being distracted by nonsense but fudge, read an article if you're going to pretend to be bothered by it ffs.

Well that’s just letting them win if you let them own the flag. Reclaiming it is a better idea. You can still be proud of your country and also think they are things that need to be improved.
Which is where I am. Though not particularly proud though neither ashamed. Reclaim it, show racists up.

But don't penalise the often working class, no harm in people waving a flag to support their country.

Which is where I am. Though not particularly proud though neither ashamed. Reclaim it, show racists up.

But don't penalise the often working class, no harm in people waving a flag to support their country.

Similar for me. I might wear an England shirt when England play or if I go for a run but I wouldn’t wear one any other time. Nor do I own an flag but I don’t care if people want to be patriotic.

Similar for me. I might wear an England shirt when England play or if I go for a run but I wouldn’t wear one any other time. Nor do I own an flag but I don’t care if people want to be patriotic.

I have no issue with patriotism, I just can't remember the last time I saw any, see plenty of xenophobia and racism though.

Back