• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That doesn't bear thinking about. Ukraine will be fudged and shortly after we'll be in a European land war again. .

We need to hope that the weird system in France produces a deadlock next weekend but not good news at all.
Le pen is another one of those "be careful what you wish for", on both sides.
For those voting for her She has no answers to the problems people are facing, will solve nothing and more than likely make it worse.
And should she get in and it goes to merde (and it will) their vote will tank for a long time.
That weird system they might just save them, but in reality it's doing nothing more than kicking the can do the rue because I don't see anyone capable of fixing it.

For those voting for her She has no answers to the problems people are facing, will solve nothing and more than likely make it worse.
And should she get in and it goes to merde (and it will) their vote will tank for a long time.
That weird system they might just save them, but in reality it's doing nothing more than kicking the can do the rue because I don't see anyone capable of fixing it.

Won't have to worry about immigrants in little boats if she gets in, she'll load up Brittany Ferries ships with them.

Fascist governments can do very well economically in the short term, particularly by putting the country in war footing with industrial productions. See Trump, Putin, Hitler etc

Last edited:
Fascist governments can do very well economically in the short term, particularly by putting the country in war footing with industrial productions. See Trump, Putin, Hitler etc
The problem is that they stop producing consumer goods to go on a war production footing. When the war is over they find that when they go back to producing consumer goods someone else has already stepped into the void they left. fudges up their economy for years.

So what's the predictions for tomorrow then? I'm going for Tories to get 137 seats. Reform and Greens 6 between them but over 15% of the vote share.

So what's the predictions for tomorrow then? I'm going for Tories to get 137 seats. Reform and Greens 6 between them but over 15% of the vote share.
Im not sure Reform or Green will get 1 seat between them. Aren't Greens likely to even lose Brighton to the singer from Gomez? I think most Green voters will hold their nose and vote Labour for this one

Im not sure Reform or Green will get 1 seat between them. Aren't Greens likely to even lose Brighton to the singer from Gomez? I think most Green voters will hold their nose and vote Labour for this one

Greens should hold Brighton and take Bristol (which would be a shame as the Labour MP there is decent by all accounts). Tactical voting may even get them a 3rd in Waveney valley.

If you think Reform won't win any I think you are in denial over just how many Brexiters and generally 'abandoned' people there are out there. Think Farage and Anderson will both get in and there may be more.

My prediction:
Northern Ireland x18 - not a scooby.
1 Workers Party
2 Independent
4 Green
4 Plaid Cymru
15 Reform
25 SNP
55-65 Lib Dem
100-120 Con
High 300s - first couple of percentiles in the 400s for Lab

A huge Labour majority and a Tory voice that will drowned out at times by the issues the other parties align on.

So effectively numerous oppositions:
The Tories on everyday things
Tories plus Reform on some issues
Voting reform collaboration parties
And then similar coalitions of smaller parties making loud noises to create debate.

Back