• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Interesting choice of words by Cleverly this morning on the betting scandal…I’d be happy to lay money that it’s going to come out very soon that cabinet members had a flutter on the election date.

Interesting choice of words by Cleverly this morning on the betting scandal…I’d be happy to lay money that it’s going to come out very soon that cabinet members had a flutter on the election date.
Point or order you would not be laying money but backing. Laying is betting against the assumption that he placed a bet.

If you want to lay some bets just back outside dogs at Crayford in sprint races.

Funny for all the flimflam people talk in here, you just got told a genuine strategy (within obvious odd ranges)

Point or order you would not be laying money but backing. Laying is betting against the assumption that he placed a bet.

If you want to lay some bets just back outside dogs at Crayford in sprint races.

Funny for all the flimflam people talk in here, you just got told a genuine strategy (within obvious odd ranges)
You can tell I’m not really a betting man.

It's not really surprising, for years there's been a 2 party system with not a huge amount of difference between them. Each promise to make your lives better yet most people see less opportunity, poorer services, higher house prices etc and are simply fed up. Then when questioned none of them can even give a straight answer to anything. If someone comes along who purports to tell things as they are and offer something different then why wouldn't they sit up and listen.

Irony is he went to private school, worked as a banker etc but doesn't seem to affect him. He's probably been the most effective British politician this century, without him Brexit would never have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if his next push is for PR, say Reform get 15-20% and the Greens get 5-7% they could end up with 20%+ of the vote and 1% of the seats - what pricy they ally up and push for PR.

What's really changing now is that lots more younger people are turning to these parties, the leader in France is only 28.
The 2 party system means Farage will be lucky to get 1 seat. Whereas in France and Israel the Nazis will soon and do run the country. So count small mercys

Total vote share between them is projected to be their lowest ever, turnout will probably be low as well.
They’ll still poll far above what other parties will receive.

There are a number of choices at this election other than Labour and Conservative. Current projections have those two parties sitting on around 64% of the vote share between them. A long way from the country looking seriously at alternatives, which was what my original post was referencing.

What reason did the Mayor of London give for banning the st georges flag on taxi's?

All I can see online is people getting upset not the reason for the ban. I think sometimes the left are a bit stupid because they seem to deliberately antagonise the right(often working class) the is no real reason to do it and it just makes them more militant.

What reason did the Mayor of London give for banning the st georges flag on taxi's?

All I can see online is people getting upset not the reason for the ban. I think sometimes the left are a bit stupid because they seem to deliberately antagonise the right(often working class) the is no real reason to do it and it just makes them more militant.
It’s not St George flags that are explicitly banned, it is any flags. On the grounds of they might be a distraction to other motorists.
Can’t say I necessarily agree with it but it is applied to all black cab, taxi and Uber drivers.

Edit - I suppose a fair question would be did similar happen during the World Cup.

Last edited:
They’ll still poll far above what other parties will receive.

There are a number of choices at this election other than Labour and Conservative. Current projections have those two parties sitting on around 64% of the vote share between them. A long way from the country looking seriously at alternatives, which was what my original post was referencing.

16k votes I know but that doesn't show 64% intending to vote for the top 2 parties

1719330889412.png

16k votes I know but that doesn't show 64% intending to vote for the top 2 parties

View attachment 17308

Not sure that those figures you show are particularly accurate for the general population; they look like they might be based on a particular area of the country, or a specific slice of the electorate.

The latest national polling out today indicates Reform’s poll numbers dropping (probably in the light of Farage’s plans to bring in an insurance based system to replace the NHS, and as a result of him publicly declaring his admiration for Putin) and the two main parties mopping up the vast majority of the votes between them.

IMG_2100.pngIMG_2098.pngIMG_2099.png

It’s not St George flags that are explicitly banned, it is any flags. On the grounds of they might be a distraction to other motorists.
Can’t say I necessarily agree with it but it is applied to all black cab, taxi and Uber drivers.

Edit - I suppose a fair question would be did similar happen during the World Cup.
Except you know it is clearly aimed at England fans as this is England so it will be stopping them from doing it.

A flag on the car though to me looking a bit chavy is not distracting. We are in the new forest this weekend and are taking the bicycles, should that be banned.

Not sure that those figures you show are particularly accurate for the general population; they look like they might be based on a particular area of the country, or a specific slice of the electorate.

The latest national polling out today indicates Reform’s poll numbers dropping (probably in the light of Farage’s plans to bring in an insurance based system to replace the NHS, and as a result of him publicly declaring his admiration for Putin) and the two main parties mopping up the vast majority of the votes between them.

View attachment 17316View attachment 17317View attachment 17318
Massive fcuk up on his part backing Putin. But I went off him when he backed Trump.

One trick pony, got it right about the EU, but been wrong about everything since.

look at the 2007 banking crisis. And then look back to the 1929 banking crises and what happened in the decade that followed.

It was all the immigrants fault… Jewish people were seen as immigrants no matter how long they had been in the country.

Now the immigrants are more diverse.

No way was it the fault of the bankers and the elite.

Let’s just blame the immigrants.

We need immigrants. The question is how many is too many? Can you have too many? I’d like someone not named Farage to have an attempt at answering the question. It isn’t necessarily about space, it’s resources. It makes me laugh when people like Elon Musk says we need more people on this planet. He’s not stupid, again it comes down to resources not space.

We need immigrants. The question is how many is too many? Can you have too many? I’d like someone not named Farage to have an attempt at answering the question. It isn’t necessarily about space, it’s resources. It makes me laugh when people like Elon Musk says we need more people on this planet. He’s not stupid, again it comes down to resources not space.
The number should be the level that lets the population gradually shrink. So its too high while population is expanding hugely, like it is at the moment. But it shouldn't be allowed to crash where birthrate is low, like Japan's currently is.

We currently consume resources that it would take 1.4 earths to support. That would increase to about 4 earths if everyone lived at western standards

Sorry are you and Nigel Farage blaming Sadiq Khan for this?

Wasn't aware he was Mayor of London in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/oct/18/newsstory.sport10

Almost, almost like whipping up a story against a person of colour for the clicks...

Back