• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Chris Waddle retweets Britain First gonads about 'muslim gangs' all the time. Maybe he's in line for a big BBC sport promotion?

he’s done nothing wrong here, he’s not complained or asked to be taken off the show, the bbc have removed him from tomorrow’s programme

Why would he resign and let them off the hook?

The whole aim of what they are doing is to infiltrate the organisation, defund it and close it down. It's better to try and fight that from within, especially with only a year or so to endure till the election, when hopefully some sense will prevail.

Well resign in protest, or does his salary come before his principals.

The thing is mate, when he tweeted about Corbyn way back, no-one cared because, well, it was a citizen on twitter expressing a view. He is a contractor to the Beeb, so as such not bound by anything. They’ve twisted it to say his level of celebrity means he falls under their remit, but right now, the Beeb is twisting and turning in the wind more than Conte. They said nothing until the right-wing tossers claiming to be politicians for the people complained, thus the Beeb is now pandering to their editorial views? I think it’s brick.

Just for the general record (and not directly in response to your post mate) here are some political tweets from 2017. No-one said a thing. Rightly.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...bour-conservative_uk_5955494fe4b05c37bb7d0051

he’s done nothing wrong here, he’s not complained or asked to be taken off the show, the bbc have removed him from tomorrow’s programme

Why would he resign and let them off the hook?

He's broken a well known rule of the bbc.
If, as many are claiming this is happening because one party are controlling the bbc, if he thinks that party are similar to the nazi party why is he still working for them?
He's working for a corporation in step with the nazi party.

The whole aim of what they are doing is to infiltrate the organisation, defund it and close it down. It's better to try and fight that from within, especially with only a year or so to endure till the election, when hopefully some sense will prevail.

It should be defunded, its not fit for purpose and hasn't been for years.

If, as many are claiming this is happening because one party are controlling the bbc, if he thinks that party are similar to the nazi party why is he still working for them?

that rule is for staff and political news reporters, he’s neither and not contractually bound by it

plenty of journalists out there who did leave the bbc because of it, Janes O’Brien and Emily Maitlis for example

The thing is mate, when he tweeted about Corbyn way back, no-one cared because, well, it was a citizen on twitter expressing a view. He is a contractor to the Beeb, so as such not bound by anything. They’ve twisted it to say his level of celebrity means he falls under their remit, but right now, the Beeb is twisting and turning in the wind more than Conte. They said nothing until the right-wing tossers claiming to be politicians for the people complained, thus the Beeb is now pandering to their editorial views? I think it’s brick.

Just for the general record (and not directly in response to your post mate) here are some political tweets from 2017. No-one said a thing. Rightly.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...bour-conservative_uk_5955494fe4b05c37bb7d0051

I don't have a problem with what he says, even though generally i think he's a bit of a taco (i think about most of them tbf) i don't have any idea of his political beliefs and tbh i couldn't care less. They're his opinions and he is entitled to them.
If there hadn't been such a furore over the bbcs reaction this would most likely totally passed me by.
I have not seen the whole tweet and what i have seen i think the language is a tad strong, however i basically agree with his objections to the policy.
My problem is that he knows the bbc policy, he obviously thinks that is wrong, but still taked the tax payers money, or he thinks he is above it.
I'm sure sky, itv or bt would snap him up.

The impartiality rule was mentioned on the Today programme on Wednesday morning, after his tweet and the initial Tory MP response and I think it was Nick Robinson who was saying that the BBC impartiality rules apply to news journalists but not everyone else. If it’s actually in his contract then fair enough but I doubt it is. Maybe something about not bringing the BBC into disrepute at most might be.

Back