• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Easier than getting to europe then the uk.

but probably much more dangerous

also, do people even know they exist? I'm in a relatively safe country with free and open media, yet had no knowledge of them

I should imaging people fearing for their safety just get out as quickly as possible

Reactions: DTA

also, do people even know they exist? I'm in a relatively safe country with free and open media, yet had no knowledge of them

I should imaging people fearing for their safety just get out as quickly as possible

Possibly. That might need to be something to look into. They're should be a un presence where migrants are crossing into europe at least.

But in europe they know for certain they can claim asylum. But still travel onto the uk. So it isn't about safety for them. It is something else.

Possibly. That might need to be something to look into. They're should be a un presence where migrants are crossing into europe at least.

But in europe they know for certain they can claim asylum. But still travel onto the uk. So it isn't about safety for them. It is something else.

some travel to the UK

safety and something else

Maybe you/we don't know because we don't have to.
I didn't know either.
If the information isn't available where its needed for a UN agency surely that is largely on the UN agency, although it would do no harm for the UK government to be spreading it as well, which they probably aren't.

Maybe you/we don't know because we don't have to.
I didn't know either.
If the information isn't available where its needed for a UN agency surely that is largely on the UN agency, although it would do no harm for the UK government to be spreading it as well, which they probably aren't.

we are talking about war zones here, no running water, no electricity, no cellular data

People fleeing for their lives from genocide and starvation

they’ve decided they are probably safest and have a better future here, let’s help them get here, meet their basic needs, then sort it out

treat them like people, not problems

we are talking about war zones here, no running water, no electricity, no cellular data

People fleeing for their lives from genocide and starvation

they’ve decided they are probably safest and have a better future here, let’s help them get here, meet their basic needs, then sort it out

treat them like people, not problems

There are 43.8 million Ukrainians. Where would they live? How would the nhs cope? How would we feed them? What about the syrians, iraqis, afghans...

You would destroy our country. Or at least turn people so far to the right we vote in a new hitler.

There are 43.8 million Ukrainians. Where would they live? How would the nhs cope? How would we feed them? What about the syrians, iraqis, afghans...

You would destroy our country. Or at least turn people so far to the right we vote in a new hitler.

statistically, most refugees settle in countries bordering their origin point, the UK take a tiny amount of refugees compared to countries in mainland Europe

if we don't have a country and a way of life that appeals to others, its already destroyed

there is a lot of flimflam information out there that the government are peddling, the number of refugees in the UK is minuscule

whatever the costs are now, they will be far higher in future if we don't behave correctly now, we need to get away from this idea that you can define somebody based on where they were born

immigrants have always been net contributors to the UK economy

statistically, most refugees settle in countries bordering their origin point, the UK take a tiny amount of refugees compared to countries in mainland Europe

if we don't have a country and a way of life that appeals to others, its already destroyed

there is a lot of flimflam information out there that the government are peddling, the number of refugees in the UK is minuscule

whatever the costs are now, they will be far higher in future if we don't behave correctly now, we need to get away from this idea that you can define somebody based on where they were born

immigrants have always been net contributors to the UK economy

The majority may now settle in countries neighbouring, but you are saying to help them come here. Most would take that opportunity, you would have others not in danger that would pretend they are.

As for miniscule number. 388,000 is not a small number.
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migration-to-the-uk-asylum/

As for migrants being net contributors. Overall they are. Individually though many take out more they put in. If you have a banker coming to work here in there 20s. Ofcourse they wil be a contributor we didn't have to pay for their education and they're not claiming a pension. If you have a member of isis come over who goes on to stab people then gets 20 years in prison, not so much.

I'm basing that on my own experiences of employing people from all over the World over a number of years.
Immigration from those countries you mention has always and will always happen. However typically the workers coming from these countries are not coming in to do lower paid and lower skilled jobs. It is those from poorer countries with generally lower living standards that tend to come here to take the lower paid jobs.

Well my experience both personally and my wider circle of friends, workmates etc says it's much more nuanced than that.
People from non-European countries tend to be from the commonwealth and, yes, often those countries are less wealthy than here. But what is often the case is that they will work their way up the ladder (both employment-wise and Property-owning wise) and when it comes to later life or retirement times they will often either go back to their original countries to retire fully or split their time between the two countries. By that time they'd certainly likely have paid far more into the UK system/tax coffers than a lot of migrants from EU over time.
Another thing to remember is that whilst people from non-EU countries may often be employed in lower-paid jobs their qualifications are such that they often way overqualified for those jobs and are forced to take them because the UK Government (rightly or wrongly) doesn't recognise their science/engineering/medical or other qualification they have already.
Migrants from USA/Canada/New Zealand/Australia/South Africa etc often will come with visas to work in specific industries and that will change either way depending on the economic outlook of the specific industry in question or the UK's economic outlook generally. The common language that usually people from these countries have is also a factor that means leaving the EU in itself wont necessarily mean less people from these countries coming.

So i'd disagree with the idea that UK leaving the EU and the Freedom of Movement aspect of it automatically means:
a) the migrants coming to this country will be 'less white'
b) the migrants we do get from outside EU stay here in later years (i think it's a mixed model and certainly distance from home can play a part)

Last edited:
As for migrants being net contributors. Overall they are. Individually though many take out more they put in. If you have a banker coming to work here in there 20s. Ofcourse they wil be a contributor we didn't have to pay for their education and they're not claiming a pension. If you have a member of isis come over who goes on to stab people then gets 20 years in prison, not so much.

There’s not enough hours in the day for me to count individual net contributing migrants to the UK. I can almost count the latter on two hands.

There’s not enough hours in the day for me to count individual net contributing migrants to the UK. I can almost count the latter on two hands.

Which is bs. Just going by prison population alone we have 20,000 that were foreign born (12%). Then you have hundreds of thousands of unemployed.

Back