• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Where are you getting that from? I think we're mid to low on maternity leave. Don't Scandi countries give Paternity leave too?

Edit:

960x0.jpg

From here.
https://m.economictimes.com/news/in...for-partial-reversal/articleshow/95210102.cms

52 weeks is the entitlement. But it is not all paid leave. Only about half of it is paid, and not all full pay.

A shame. It might sound hypocritical as i've advocated for women to be able to have careers to cut birthrates in some countries. But i do think they should have good maternal leave. The first couple of years of a childs life are the most important.

I do wonder what makes them want to come to the UK rather than claim asylum in other countries they pass through, I mean they risk their lives on the crossing, spend any money they have on it, could have their claim rejected and sadly we're not exactly welcoming to migrants nowadays.

I guess some might have family or speak English but for most I'm not sure of their reasons.
Healthcare and family normally
The NHS despite its modern struggles due to funding is still a leading light and a lot of immigrants arriving in the UK claim to have family ties here In varying forms so they do form communities which is how we have ended up with such diverse cultural areas
My wife’s NHS team has translators assigned and their record now is 45 common languages

Rwanda is supposed to work as a deterrent. That is the logic, right? But its costly to taxpayers and the carbon emissions can't be good. No airline wants to be associated with it either.

Zero evidence that it will work as a deterrent. Nor will using abhorrent, Daily Mail placating language like ‘invasion.’ Her statement to the Commons yesterday was disgusting.

If only she could find out who’s responsible for ‘the broken system’ by uncovering who’s been in charge for over a decade…

Still fighting internally like rats in a sack.

Onlinet sales at 2% more vat than those in shops would be a start.

It would be up to government to decide.
That is a decent idea in many ways and would work for goods purchased. Might be a little more difficult for services however. Also what happens if somebody orders online but collects from a 'store' does that still count as an online purchase? What about if it moves to 'reserving' online and then paying as they collect from the store?

Zero evidence that it will work as a deterrent. Nor will using abhorrent, Daily Mail placating language like ‘invasion.’ Her statement to the Commons yesterday was disgusting.

If only she could find out who’s responsible for ‘the broken system’ by uncovering who’s been in charge for over a decade…

It's only been broken the last 2 years.

irr-mig-mar-2022-1.png

Surely it is difficult to obtain evidence until you actually put something into operation? Ignoring the moral rights or wrongs of the idea, I personally think something like the Rwanda policy would become a huge deterrent to economic migrants (though only if a considerable number of people were moved to Rwanda).

Surely it is difficult to obtain evidence until you actually put something into operation? Ignoring the moral rights or wrongs of the idea, I personally think something like the Rwanda policy would become a huge deterrent to economic migrants (though only if a considerable number of people were moved to Rwanda).

Yes you can - that's what policy and implementation design is. And that will include forecasting of impacts based on some kind of evidence base - in this case probably a mixed of human behavioural analysis and where similar ethos' and practices have been applied elsewhere, adjusted for difference in the places they are being delivered.

Macron has not been in power for 10 years.

I don't get how those two things (waiting for a tax on ZHCs and voting leave) are linked?

ZHC's (for low skilled workers) were abused by companies because there was an unlimited supply of eastern european workers. English workers
Yes you can - that's what policy and implementation design is. And that will include forecasting of impacts based on some kind of evidence base - in this case probably a mixed of human behavioural analysis and where similar ethos' and practices have been applied elsewhere, adjusted for difference in the places they are being delivered.

Worked for australia.

Which Western nation has implemented (and I mean properly implemented) a policy like Rwanda previously?

You don't think the likelihood (and it would have to be a likelihood) of getting shipped to Rwanda would be a deterrent to economic migrants trying to come to the UK?

Which Western nation has implemented (and I mean properly implemented) a policy like Rwanda previously?

You don't think the likelihood (and it would have to be a likelihood) of getting shipped to Rwanda would be a deterrent to economic migrants trying to come to the UK?
There’s a reason no one else has implemented such a policy (at least two)
Firstly it’s completely immoral and panders to base racists demagogues
Secondly it breaches the un 1951 convention on refugees, the 1967 protocol on refugees.
Thirdly it breaches principles established by the European court of human rights (which is nothing to do with the eu).

so in short, it’s illegal, immoral and ineffective. Other than that it’s a great idea!

Secondly it breaches the un 1951 convention on refugees, the 1967 protocol on refugees.
Thirdly it breaches principles established by the European court of human rights (which is nothing to do with the eu).

so in short, it’s illegal, immoral and ineffective. Other than that it’s a great idea!

Denmark has. As has australia.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/ne...s means that the two,sent to Rwanda each year.

One could also argue that it is immoral to travel to a foreign country as an economic migrant and try to use the asylum route (thus potentially depriving those with a real need for asylum of a place in a safe country).

Back