• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I wouldn't fully agree with that. Sunak folds under pressure is what I have seen. Anytime he is properly challenged he runs or goes to pieces. He hasn't developed the basic self-defense mechanisms that Boris had (lies and bluster) or even Truss (repeat the same talking point ad infinitum). I think he'll get ripped to shreds at PMQs as he tries to actually answer the questions. And don't forget the overlapping crisis created by the last two charlatans have not gone away and this is what he will be trying to defend. The utter failure of the last two prime ministers may make him look like a better option, and he is relatively speaking, but he'll just be brick in a different way.

I think Starmer will out-perform him, and he's got so much momentum now too. But I think we're maybe heading back to the Cameron-Miliband-Clegg days, where stylistically there's not that much between them, and hopefully it all becomes about policy (tax the rich vs cuts for the poor)

I think Starmer will out-perform him, and he's got so much momentum now too. But I think we're maybe heading back to the Cameron-Miliband-Clegg days, where stylistically there's not that much between them, and hopefully it all becomes about policy (tax the rich vs cuts for the poor)
I think so too. Starmer does well on this front and needless to say he has endless material to work with. In saying that, PMQs have become almost pointless as Hoyle won't enforce the basic rule that you need to answer the question asked. So that's where it will play in labour's hands as Sunac will stick more to the actual question asked I would think. Anyway, I guess he's not PM yet.

Last edited:
I think so too. Starmer does well on this front and needless to say he has endless material to work with. In saying that, PMQs have become almost pointless as Hoyle won't enforce the basic rule that you need to answer the question asked. So that's where it will play in labour's hands as Sunac will stick more to the actual question asked I would think. Anyway, I guess he's not PM yet.

I think Mordaunt will drop out just after lunch. I think she might just be keeping going to prevent another challenger emerging (even another Johnson u-turn). She's probably already done a deal with Sunak to do that, in exchange for becoming Foreign Secretary.

It seem a shoe in for Sunak, I still find it hard to believe all the blue rinse phalanx, previously owned car salesmen, estate agents, retired officers and nimbys will vote for an Asian.

That Tory party membership has a lot of small minded bigots and want their leader to be someone they could invite to a dinner party without upsetting their friends and neighbours.

Ok thanks. But do not a lot of those groups you mention also form a large part of Labour's traditional support base as well?

It seem a shoe in for Sunak, I still find it hard to believe all the blue rinse phalanx, previously owned car salesmen, estate agents, retired officers and nimbys will vote for an Asian.

It doesn't count though if they went to public school and have the right accent. Every good imperialist knows a few can be civilised with the right interventions from birth. How do you think the Raj ever functioned. Though deep down of course never forget the lesson of Caliban.

It doesn't count though if they went to public school and have the right accent. Every good imperialist knows a few can be civilised with the right interventions from birth. How do you think the Raj ever functioned. Though deep down of course never forget the lesson of Caliban.

reality says hello

actually made me feel a bit sad for Sunak, especially after I watched the clip of him saying as a teenage what it felt like being out with his younger siblings and being called a P**** not being able to do anything about it, and how he believed it wouldn’t happen today.

no matter what we do if we are the “wrong” shade they will never really accept us. Not really.

What are the ERG planning?

What do they need to plan? He's a stronger Brexiteer than Johnson or Truss. And his economics are fairly gnaw the bone neo-liberal (right of Johnson, though thankfully left of Truss).

I imagine they are pushing for Braverman Home Sec, Badenoch Culture and Baker Northern Ireland (practically where they were with Truss), but hopefully Sunak will feel strong enough to move the cabinet more centrist. Mogg and Dorries will be gone at least.

What do they need to plan? He's a stronger Brexiteer than Johnson or Truss. And his economics are fairly gnaw the bone neo-liberal (right of Johnson, though thankfully left of Truss).

I imagine they are pushing for Braverman Home Sec, Badenoch Culture and Baker Northern Ireland (practically where they were with Truss), but hopefully Sunak will feel strong enough to move the cabinet more centrist. Mogg and Dorries will be gone at least.

making a big announcement at 13:00 apparently

Listening to Starmer on LBC his approach is just a diluted version of what is going on now. It is totally inadequate to meet the moment.
I had that yesterday with him on Laura Kuenssberg. She asked him what his biggest priority in government would be and he said ‘growth’. My heart completely sank. Say health, say wellbeing of the population, say restoring dignity, say closing the wealth gap, whatever. But not that pointless neo-liberal metric that measures nothing but the speed we are burning the planet. It was really disappointing.

My one hope is that he’s doing things like that to stop the red tops going full assassination on him, and then once in power he will shift to renationalisation and taxes for the rich and businesses. But that vision for a better future just isn’t there yet

Back