• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

As tempting as it is to laugh at the Tories, they have an astonishing ability to make things even worse. That would be bringing Boris back. They would be stupid enough to do it and he is that much if a narcissist to want a return. This soap opera is sadly far from over.

They've already screwed it up with the contest rules. The far right are more than 1/3 of MPs, so they'll get someone on the members' ballot, and then they'll get elected again. They should have set the threshold at at least 150

I didn't take the Boris rumours seriously yesterday.
But this morning, they seem very serious indeed. A mass loss of short-term memory by Tory MPs and party members.
The country will just lurch further into chaos and we'll be back with the resignation-speech lectern outside No.10 by Christmas.
I want to think he's just playing games and enjoying the attention by not ruling himself out just yet, but you never know with him and his ego.

But this morning, they seem very serious indeed. A mass loss of short-term memory by Tory MPs and party members.
The country will just lurch further into chaos and we'll be back with the resignation-speech lectern outside No.10 by Christmas.
I want to think he's just playing games and enjoying the attention by not ruling himself out just yet, but you never know with him and his ego.
The only potential positive I can see is there's a chance he and Bad Enoch could split the far right vote, meaning only Sunak and Mordaunt make the ballot

A perfect illustration of how it’s individual ambition and gain above country with this lot.

I would strongly support civil disobedience in the scenario of his return. He left disgraced for a reason (many reasons)
He’s still under investigation by the parliamentary standards committee (and a proven law breaker). It boggles the mind that the conservatives think he could be a credible candidate to replace Liz truss. But then cruella de ville is a possibility!

I would strongly support civil disobedience in the scenario of his return. He left disgraced for a reason (many reasons)

I'm a placid fellow when it comes to politics, there are to many idiots, crooks and outright clams to fight against the tide, but this cannot be allowed to happen.
He had his chance, a chance imho he should never have had, and he fudged up beyond all expectations.
There has never been any humility in him and if he returns it will not be to govern, it will be to exact revenge and bury his misdeeds from his first term.

"Stewart would be interesting, I like him..."

What? I despise every last one of the clams!

There's very little between him and say Starmer politically. One national conservatism (the Tory left) and social democrats (the Labour right) do blur. He particularly strikes me as a politician that actually has a bit of integrity.

Interesting the Lib Dems are putting forward a motion to ban those who committed criminal offences while in government from becoming PM. It would only need about 40 Tories to support it

Back