• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Don’t think he’s as bad as some make out. He even chipped in with some vital goals last season. I’d try and keep him as a backup if he’s happy to play that role but if he’s not then I wouldn’t be against cashing in on him. He was what we needed when we singed him, We’ve just outgrown him similar to how we did with Palacios.

Don’t think he’s as bad as some make out. He even chipped in with some vital goals last season. I’d try and keep him as a backup if he’s happy to play that role but if he’s not then I wouldn’t be against cashing in on him. He was what we needed when we singed him, We’ve just outgrown him similar to how we did with Palacios.

If he was happy to be rotated, which is likely the MO from Ange this season then all for it. I think the hurt of being number 1 and then being second fiddle to Sarr and Bissouma might play it part though, especially later down the line with Bentancur comes back into the fray. TBH from what I saw yesterday I would want to be invested in a development of Sarr and Bissouma as a first option

Winks and Sissoko are hated by our fan base, Hojberg is treated like a demi-GHod compared to those two!
It would be totally understandable why the two might be despised. They were a bloody awful pair, but still I dunno I feel like Sissoko gets more love (I have no idea why) than say Hojberg does.

Hojberg has his faults but they balance out reasonably well with his pros. The two mentioned had virtually no pro aspects. As I said he's probably better than both together and I say that as someone doesn't especially rate Hojberg.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Winks and Sissoko are hated by our fan base, Hojberg is treated like a demi-GHod compared to those two!

Not that its a contest, you are spot on. Winks was the annual spacegoat for Spurs, got dogs abuse. Even outside of Midfield PEH hasn't been booed or had to close his socials, so I think he has done OK in terms of popularity given his limitations. Not that anyone should be getting abuse

Sissoko was hated here from day one, his rep improved when he proved his value later down the line. But I'm sure even if you checked the archives here, there was hate over the perceived level because he wasn't Mane or someone else, can't remember who, but certainly came in on the back foot

Last edited:
I think part of the reason Hojbjerg might get excessive stick is because his habit of pointing and shouting and remonstrating is irritating.
I would say its more because his positioning is terrible and his passing erratic. He's always having to resort to flying into tackles because he's nowhere near the interception or channel blocking. He's the type of player who every crap team has one of as their regular MOTM

It would be totally understandable why the two might be despised. They were a bloody awful pair, but still I dunno I feel like Sissoko gets more love (I have no idea why) than say Hojberg does.

Hojberg has his faults but they balance out reasonably well with his pros. The two mentioned had virtually no pro aspects. As I said he's probably better than both together and I say that as someone doesn't especially rate Hojberg.

Sissoko was absolutely hated when he came to spurs by a lot of fans.

Ah ok, so you’re just sticking the boot in to Sissoko and Winks again and using Hojberg as the vehicle. Cool, good for you.

He has had some very good games
Some poor ones
And a lot of good ones
I still think he is at the best further up the pitch
He would get us decent money which is needed for the rebuild
And I don’t think he is right for ange ball
The move would suit him if it comes off and if not, we don’t lose anything

And he was still bang average at best when he (thankfully) left.

Let’s not rewrite history.

It's always fascinating how differently people see things..

On the current subject, as I've said on one or two threads this guy was class coming on today.

Not many clubs that can have their first choice CM out long term and simultaneously have someone with a wealth of experience come onboff the bench and comfortably give the what for and why is to a team struggling with the game following the resumption of the 2nd half. That's an underated skillset.

Don't know if Ange explicitly had any words about PEH but I bet he was happy with the performance as we needed it at the time.

I think the notion of selling him for a paltry 20m sum is idiocy as we won't get better and if he is happy to play like that from the bench then brilliant.

It's a ridiculous notion but I have respect for PEH for not being a lil bitch coming off the bench, whatever the circumstance he seems to care, props to him for that.

PEH was our best player in the first 6 months when he came under Mou, worked his socks off. Trouble is, he played more minutes and covered so much ground, we ran him down.

He's a calming influence, and the way Ange plays him is to get control and a more solid defence in front of the backline, which we we needed after the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

I expect the Atletico deal will be done before the window shuts though. I'm guessing it's haggling price and they're trying to wait till last minute to get the price down. But if it doesn't work out that way, Ange will use him and name him in the squad.

I think Ange wasn't happy with Hojberg's previous performance. There were reports that Ange was visibly unhappy on the sidelines.

Good to see Hojberg put up a different performance yesterday. It was more reminiscent of his early days with us as an effective presence and enforcer.

We will need experience and a plan B to see out difficult games and I'm happy if Hojberg stays of he can keep this up.

Apart from three or so terrible short passes he did what he was supposed to do - help us win the game.

Yeah those misplaced passes stood out, can't afford cheap turnovers in the middle of the pitch like that if you want to be pushing up. Played a lovely ball over the top that should have led to good goalscoring opportunity and made a real good tackle/block too iirc so se good in there too

Back