• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Made an absolute suicide pass in the last 5-10 minutes, luckily it didn’t amount to anything but could have quite easily had turned to squeaky bum time if they had scored.

Made an absolute suicide pass in the last 5-10 minutes, luckily it didn’t amount to anything but could have quite easily had turned to squeaky bum time if they had scored.

It was a shocking pass and he got very lucky. But he did make one exceptional turn out of trouble when he had little space. As a sub, I’d cut him some slack but it’s hard to see how he gets back in to the starting eleven.

It was a shocking pass and he got very lucky. But he did make one exceptional turn out of trouble when he had little space. As a sub, I’d cut him some slack but it’s hard to see how he gets back in to the starting eleven.

Yeh I think he was fair off the bench, but with Sarr and Bissouma playing like today he will have to change into a dynamic all action packed midfielder which is isn't unfortunately

Yeh I think he was fair off the bench, but with Sarr and Bissouma playing like today he will have to change into a dynamic all action packed midfielder which is isn't unfortunately
I think being played every game made him think he was a really good player when it was just managers who refused to rotate. I’m not saying the other options at the time we’re better, but I think it gave him the freedom to not push himself. Pointing where he thought players should be instead of being there himself.
I still think he can be a decent squad option but if all our midfielders are fit, he shouldn’t be starting even in a midfield 3.

I like him and if Ange wants to keep him fine by me, gets more stick than he deserves imo.

People forget how bad we were before him, he fit the team very well for a couple of years.

Don't think he is a starter in an Ange team, he is the kind of player that kind find a similar level club (or better depending on how you view Atleti) and we could cash in on.

I like him and if Ange wants to keep him fine by me, gets more stick than he deserves imo.

There always has to be one player who gets stick from some , i do agree with you.

People forget how bad we were before him, he fit the team very well for a couple of years.

Don't think he is a starter in an Ange team, he is the kind of player that kind find a similar level club (or better depending on how you view Atleti) and we could cash in on.

He was just what we needed in CM when he first came here so i agree with you. And as you say if we get a good offer for him we should take it. He does not seem to me to be a player who likes being out of the team so it would be better for him to look at his options.

We've lost our best player from last season who is worth 30+ goals to the team. His replacement is worth maybe 12 goals a season, that is a lot of goals lost. We've only got two decent centre backs suited to Postecoglou's high line system. We've got a young, inexperienced keeper with no premier league experience, we've lost or best midfield player from last season to injury and he unlikely to return and be up near his best until late this season (if at all).

Our players also all need to settle in to Postecoglou's new system and that is likely to take some time.

I think we'll likely have a bumpy start while the players adapt to the new system and I think the atmosphere in the stadium may then become a little toxic (though if we do have a bumpy start then I think that the toxicity will be directed at the Chairman and owners as opposed to manager and players).

The chairman has also shown that he has a habit of sacking managers if they're not up in the top 6 places in the league (especially if the crowd are showing a bit of unrest) and I'm therefore not convinced that the manager will get the time to see the rebuild through (as I don't think we'll be in or close to the top 6 this season) another new manager coming in then may not get the bounce that the chairman will hope for/expect.

Fingers crossed we'll stay in the top half and not end up in a battle, but its not guaranteed IMO. I think we are one of the most backed teams for relegation this year, that isn't because we are absolutely one of the most likely 4 or 5 to go down but because our odds are amongst the best value.
Well that post aged well :D…. Must say that while the result could just as easily have been the other way round yesterday, I liked a fair amount of what I saw. I thought the midfield were generally excellent and the new keeper also got better and more confident as the game went on. I loved the way we completely dominated for the first 20 to 30 minutes or so of the second half, playing some nice football and getting lots of players forward to support attacks.

I still think we’ll take a few beatings this season where we concede a high number of goals as we are very open to the ball over the top into the channels but we’ll also create lots of our own chances in general play.

Hopefully the manager will get the 2 or 3 more players he needs for the squad and is allowed to build something here as we could have a really competitive team in a year or two with the right buys and sells and this manager seems to know the types of players that suit his system.

We’re not getting relegated. Even if we have a dreadful season, there’s at least 4 or 5 truly awful teams in the league.
If you read my posts I didn’t say I expected us to be relegated. I think I actually said I expected us to be ‘midtable or perhaps bottom half’

It is kinda funny the level of criticism he receives compared to the receptions the likes of Winks and Sissoko especially hot. He might not be good enough (I don't think he is) but he's a million times better than both of his predecessors. I think he might actually be more effective than both of them put together.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
It is kinda funny the level of criticism he receives compared to the receptions the likes of Winks and Sissoko especially for He might not be good (I don't think he is) but he's a million times better than both of his predecessors. I think he might actually be more effective than both of them put together.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Winks and Sissoko are hated by our fan base, Hojberg is treated like a demi-GHod compared to those two!

Don't think midtable is the same as flirting with relegation
Depends on how many points above 18th you are I suppose. Before a ball was kicked this season I thought we’d likely have a poor first half of the season and improve in the second half as the players get used to the new system. My big worry was Levy sacking Ange before the likely improvement in the second half of the season.

Last edited:
Winks and Sissoko are hated by our fan base, Hojberg is treated like a demi-GHod compared to those two!

Moussa become a bit of a cult hero because he turned it around and was also one of our best players for a while, giving it everything despite his limitations. At times people were bouncing off him, like a man playing against school kids but I appreciate that the maurading runs wouldn't necessarily come to anything end product wise.

Well that's my view of it anyway, we all see things differently, on this board at least even when PEH has been first choice and a consistent performer he's not been a fashionable choice to give credit to...

If PEH was right on the edge of a move and Ange didn't like him I doubt he would have come in when he did yesterday but we'll see. As has been said it'll be hard to find a replacement anywhere near as good for the fee he'll bring in.

Back