• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

25m euros would be great business
I’m not sure I agree. I think it weakens our team, Hojbjerg is better than Skipp by a considerable margin IMO. If the club bringing in £20m is more important than the quality of our first team then that is concerning, especially with us having just brought in £100m for our only top class player.

I’m not sure I agree. I think it weakens our team, Hojbjerg is better than Skipp by a considerable margin IMO. If the club bringing in £20m is more important than the quality of our first team then that is concerning, especially with us having just brought in £100m for our only top class player.
That’s just your opinion though. I don’t think there’s much in it between him and Skipp personally and if the rumour is true then Ange and the club prob think the same.

Højbjerg is a backup player now. He's only useful at the moment because Bentancur is injured.

Since he signed for us he’s missed just 5 league games.

A replacement needs to be better than PEH. And we’d likely need to spend 30m for a better player.

But as his contract is reducing probably best to take 25m and add another 10m for that more dynamic midfielder. Less than that and we may as well retain him.

Skipp is unlikely to be a starter once Bentancur is back from injury, so in terms of weakening the first team it's not really a worthwile comparison.

Wrt PEH he looks like a player the manager is happy to move on so wrt squad building, a reasonable fee coming in and a player surplus to requirements being sold and freeing up a place is a positive.

Last edited:
Sarr and Skipp are better than him, and are on upward curves. That's primarily why he's being let go

Assuming Maddison is fixed at 10 then the 2 options for CM come from Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr, Skipp and Hojbjerg. I'm not sure anyone can make a strong case PEH is in the best 2 of those right now, Especially considering the way Ange wants to play.

Plus, Apparently he fancies leaving and Ange already suggested he only wants players who really want to be here.

The teams changing and alas so are the players that the manager feels fits the system.

Bissouma and Bentancur are better than PEH, Sarr looks a real talent, and it's seems the club are backing the talent fnding process which we all wanted.

And TBH the difference between PEH and Skipp is negligible IMO

And TBH the difference between PEH and Skipp is negligible IMO

Agreed, Skipp has home grown status and age in his favour, so potential to develop further as a player and has some value in terms of padding out the squad (due to HG) but i don't really see him becoming a nailed on starter for us. If the likes of Devine emerge over the next couple of years then his squad place will likely be under threat

Last edited:
Of course he is, alot of Spurs fans actually rate him very highly believe it or not.

I disagree, respectfully of course, and as he looks like he is on his way out (for much less than £35m BTW) it's not worth getting into to heated a discussion about.
We all have an opinion, our differ no biggie :).

Skipp is unlikely to be a starter once Bentancur is back from injury, so in terms of weakening the first team it's not really a worthwile comparison.

Wrt PEH he looks like a player the manager is happy to move on so wrt squad building, a reasonable fee coming in and a player surplus to requirements being sold and freeing up a place is a positive.
Bentancur is out injured for a fair while yet and probably won’t be back to his previous levels this season (here’s hoping he can get back to those levels at all…. It isn’t guaranteed). I think we’re already likely to be flirting with a relegation battle this season, I’m not sure selling one of the few experienced players we have left is particularly sensible from a results perspective (though I appreciate that results might be secondary to finances for the owners at present)

I am one who does think that Hojbjerg is a good player and one who has done well for us. However we now have Maddison. Bissouma and Bentacur plus Sarr and i think they will be in front of his for Ange going forward. In that case it may be time to sell while we should get a decent price for him.

The other thing is Hojbjerg himself will likely not want to stay as a backup at this stage in his career. I'm not his biggest fan but if he's been benched for Skipp and with Bentancur to come back it's not an appealing option especially with no Europe games.

The real issue is the ones we don't even want on our bench!

Agreed, Skipp has home grown status and age in his favour, so potential to develop further as a player and has some value in terms of padding out the squad (due to HG) but i don't really see him becoming a nailed on starter for us. If the likes of Devine emerge over the next couple of years then his squad place will likely be under threat

I think Nile John has been doing well recently in the U21s in Skipp's position. Devine is more the Maddison role.

Bentancur is out injured for a fair while yet and probably won’t be back to his previous levels this season (here’s hoping he can get back to those levels at all…. It isn’t guaranteed). I think we’re already likely to be flirting with a relegation battle this season, I’m not sure selling one of the few experienced players we have left is particularly sensible from a results perspective (though I appreciate that results might be secondary to finances for the owners at present)

Relegation battle?

Back