• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

[TWEET]http://twitter.com/ManUtdEU/status/493338915395616768[/TWEET]

**** - actually?

Edit: no idea why that isn't showing? https://twitter.com/ManUtdEU/status/493338915395616768

BtixIMdIgAAefh0.jpg:large

Last edited:
Some of Liverpool's signings are very astute - especially Lovren and Lallana.
I think their top 4 place is pretty much nailed-on as Rodgers will have them playing. With Chavs and City also pretty much guaranteed a top 4 berth, that means (for me) the 4th spot is between us **** and United.

Some of Liverpool's signings are very astute - especially Lovren and Lallana.
I think their top 4 place is pretty much nailed-on as Rodgers will have them playing. With Chavs and City also pretty much guaranteed a top 4 berth, that means (for me) the 4th spot is between us **** and United.

I disagree with your assessment of Liverpool I think they'll be worse as a team than last season. You can't replace the goals and the fear factor that Suarez gave them without making a marquee striker signing.

They've gone and done exactly the same as we did after selling bale, I think they'll be back fighting with us for 5th and 6th.

I disagree with your assessment of Liverpool I think they'll be worse as a team than last season. You can't replace the goals and the fear factor that Suarez gave them without making a marquee striker signing.

They've gone and done exactly the same as we did after selling bale, I think they'll be back fighting with us for 5th and 6th.

After selling Bale, after replacing him with 7 players, all from abroad, none of whom had ever played in the PL, many of whom couldn't speak English, after a season of toxic atmosphere at the club, with 2 managers and a worse starting position than Liverpool (and at no point for while having had a system as good as the one Rodgers put in place last season )............we picked up 3 less points than we did the previous season.

I don't think Liverpool will challenge for the title but I think those expecting Liverpool to drop like a stone are living in a dreamworld. Not to mention that a) they won most most of their games without Suarez last season and b) Sturridge was smashing them in when Suarez was banned.

After selling Bale, after replacing him with 7 players, all from abroad, none of whom had ever played in the PL, many of whom couldn't speak English, after a season of toxic atmosphere at the club, with 2 managers and a worse starting position than Liverpool (and at no point for while having had a system as good as the one Rodgers put in place last season )............we picked up 3 less points than we did the previous season.

I don't think Liverpool will challenge for the title but I think those expecting Liverpool to drop like a stone are living in a dreamworld. Not to mention that a) they won most most of their games without Suarez last season and b) Sturridge was smashing them in when Suarez was banned.

A) they didn't have champions league football last season. This is going to be a huge drain on the players they do have. They didn't even have European football last season, they have a number of players not used to the rigours of playing two games a week.

B) the players they have bought who speak English all finished mid table last season. They're not used to the pressures of top four football, and the only one I think of as a good signing for them is lovren, as defensively they were weak last season and they've overpaid for him too.

C) they had Sturridge and Suarez smashing them in. When one was not playing or out of form, the other stepped up. So who steps up if Sturbridge doesn't hit it off, gets injured or needs to be rotated? Lambert? That's an amusing prospect.

D) the Liverpool fans themselves. Just as we expected big things when our 'magnificent seven' were purchased, they will do the same. One or two bad games at the start and they'll be straight on the backs of the players.

A) they didn't have champions league football last season. This is going to be a huge drain on the players they do have. They didn't even have European football last season, they have a number of players not used to the rigours of playing two games a week.

B) the players they have bought who speak English all finished mid table last season. They're not used to the pressures of top four football, and the only one I think of as a good signing for them is lovren, as defensively they were weak last season and they've overpaid for him too.

C) they had Sturridge and Suarez smashing them in. When one was not playing or out of form, the other stepped up. So who steps up if Sturbridge doesn't hit it off, gets injured or needs to be rotated? Lambert? That's an amusing prospect.

D) the Liverpool fans themselves. Just as we expected big things when our 'magnificent seven' were purchased, they will do the same. One or two bad games at the start and they'll be straight on the backs of the players.

Agreed.

In addition, Liverpool can't expect so many of their rivals to be as comparatively weak as they were last season. Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all look as though they will be considerably stronger than they were last season. Liverpool? Not so much.

Agreed.

In addition, Liverpool can't expect so many of their rivals to be as comparatively weak as they were last season. Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all look as though they will be considerably stronger than they were last season. Liverpool? Not so much.

It's definitely going to be interesting. The top 6 or 7 look like being miles ahead this year. Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine shouldn't be as close this time and none of the other sides look like they have strengthened much.

a) That is why they are buying all these players. Suarez leaving or not, everybody knew they had to beef out their squad with a lot of new players to deal with both CL and the likelihood of going deeper into at least one of the other cups. They won't need to be playing 2 games a week a lot of them because they're expanding the squad.

b) Surely the same could then be said of our manager? And the important thing is not just the players but the system. And Rodgers clearly has built quite a system there (and has been doing so for a while).

c) I don't know because I doubt their business is done for the summer. What I do know is that Sturridge has been exceptional for all the time he's been there and that anybody who suggested last summer that Sturridge would continue to score so many or that Liverpool would finish 2nd would have been ridiculed.

d) Really? I'm not a big fan of their support and I think the Anfield atmosphere is complete **** but from my experience, they are usually quite patient with their players.

I actually think Liverpool have a big chance of dropping out of the top 4. Mostly because I can't see anybody other than Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project finishing in the top 2, Arsenal have made some good purchases imo and LVG is a world class manager. Sadly, for the first time in quite a while, I don't see any chance of us finishing in the top 4 this season (I would think that we had a chance even if I didn't think we would do it in previous seasons).

But pool have time. They've only lost Suarez and their young players have been properly introduced to the EPL so can only grow in strength. Lovren will simply be an instant upgrade and Gerrard is fading fast. I thought the biggest loss is Lallana who was recently injured and Rodgers will have to slipstream him into the game without a proper preseason and likely when things get busier.

While they will miss Suarez, they start with a working playbook and a respected coach, and can take their time to bring new players into the game.

But time is very tight for them with midweek games so I do agree they are on thin ice. I think a lot will depend on their early results. If they keep winning, it'll buy them more time, and keep confidence high.

However if they get an early string of poor results, I can see the pressure on the coach and players old and new may just be too much.

I can also imagine BR being scared shirtless and doing an AVB, favoring a more conservative form of football to preserve the results and try to get the team and new players integrated .... Well we know how that ended up...

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

More games, less Suarez, expectations of more success after last season, several new players that have to adapt, **** and Manure both strengthening...I think Liverpool will struggle to get top four this season (as will we). Then again, we don't know if LVG will be an instand success or if the cash drugged clubs will implode.

But Pool will find it much harder to fight for the title now they're no longer the outsiders they were last season - and after losing their only world class player.

'Pool won't be anywhere near last years achievement! They've sold their only world-class player and replaced him with, well, a load of average players. In addition to that, the hole squad had the season of their life last year. Even Henderson looked good last year!! Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place. They will be fighting with us and manure for 4th at best. I honestly think we have a better squad than 'Pool.

Back