• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham vs Wolves ***

A few thoughts -

1) Same as the Chelsea game - we started brightly, then retreated into our own half as the game wore on.

2) Another team a lot more press resistant than we are - @braineclipse , I know you disagree, but I maintain that it's a glaring weakness and Wolves are showing what actual press resistance looks like - whereas for us, every time we get the ball, it's a nervous wait until we lose it.

3) On the other end of things, our pressing is a bit half-hearted - Kulu and Son are doing okay, but Kane is absolutely jogging. Can't work unless everyone does it.

4) Dav continues to be a bit of a liability one-on-one.

We need to up the tempo - second half, I'd get Bissouma on for Sonny and go from there. Get some more bodies in midfield to retain possession a bit more. If it still isn't working, Richy on for Hojbjerg in the 65th-70th minute and go to 4-2-4 with Perisic, Richarlison, Kane and Kulu up front and Davies at left-back.

I’m sorry, Conte may well be good at changing mentality but tactically he is being found out, it happens far too much and he has had a pre season with this lot.
I think the system he plays is dated.
I've never liked three Centre backs.
You need a monster two in midfield with this system and we don't have it.

Not great but not as terrible as the stats suggest. Dier, Sanchez, Emerson been very good. Son, Bentancur, PEH well off it. Perisic also looks a worry at LWB. Got absolutely done at one point very easily.

Needs a tweak or two to get on top here. They look very uncomfortable when we press from the front. Risk is the space we'll leave in behind but they do look impotent in front of goal so maybe it's worth the riskm

I think the system he plays is dated.
I've never liked three Centre backs.
You need a monster two in midfield with this system and we don't.
You need 3, everyone who plays 3 in the system keep the ball better that is why everyone sticks 3 in the middle against us.

A few thoughts -

1) Same as the Chelsea game - we started brightly, then retreated into our own half as the game wore on.

2) Another team a lot more press resistant than we are - @braineclipse , I know you disagree, but I maintain that it's a glaring weakness and Wolves are showing what actual press resistance looks like - whereas for us, every time we get the ball, it's a nervous wait until we lose it.

3) On the other end of things, our pressing is a bit half-hearted - Kulu and Son are doing okay, but Kane is absolutely jogging. Can't work unless everyone does it.

4) Dav continues to be a bit of a liability one-on-one.

We need to up the tempo - second half, I'd get Bissouma on for Sonny and go from there. Get some more bodies in midfield to retain possession a bit more. If it still isn't working, Richy on for Hojbjerg in the 65th-70th minute and go to 4-2-4 with Perisic, Richarlison, Kane and Kulu up front and Davies at left-back.

They look more press resistant because our pressing is worse. Not only Kane, also Son.

Also we really lack Romero. Sanchez has been really... Sanchez. Can't really remember him executing a single pass that was anything other than basic.

Not surprised to hear some booing.

Utter dogbrick.

I just think people at the game should know that they're responsible for contributing to the working conditions for the players, and supporting them would be better than booing, but then again, maybe it'll give a few the kick up their butt. I just really hope everyone can rally behind this team instead of always doubting. We looked excellent towards the end of last season. New season, it takes a while to get going, we got new players to bed in, and we always have to adjust to improvements other teams have made. It's not all just magically gonna come together from day 1 and we're winning every game and dominating every game from start to finish. It's a process. Get behind these guys, they deserve our support and then some after that incredible finish to last season, in my opinion.

How many other teams even play 2 in the middle? I can’t imagine it’s more than five and probably less.

The thing is Conte played 3-5-2 at Inter and argubly his Chelsea 3-4-3 wasnt really like our 3-4-3 given Hazard and Pedro came deep and inside

Probably explains the links with Zanniolo, Maddison etc

Am I being overly harsh.

Are we just a bang average side with a handful of exceptional players, who, when they perform, turn us into a very good side capable of 4th, but when they dont we see performances like today, where we revert back to a side that looks like it should be 10th

The thing is Conte played 3-5-2 at Inter and argubly his Chelsea 3-4-3 wasnt really like our 3-4-3 given Hazard and Pedro came deep and inside

Probably explains the links with Zanniolo, Maddison etc

I’d love it if he was flexible to change. Problem is managers are generally incredibly stubborn.

Back