• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

That's very true. If only successive England managers had learned that lesson. Sometimes inferior players make the better team and a more successful team, simply because they compliment each other better.

Sometimes you choose players to fit a certain tactic, other times you need change the tactics to suit the players.

As for England, some of these managers should have had the balls to tell Lampard and Gerrard to do a job, not run around trying playing like they would for their club, surrounded by completely different players.

I can't believe we've got no other option than Defoe. It really shows how our whole season hinges on Ade's continued fitness. I think even Pav would do a better job as the lone forward tbh - at least he's got a bit of height.

Well lets hope your insight is a good as it was against WBA

I can't believe we've got no other option than Defoe. It really shows how our whole season hinges on Ade's continued fitness. I think even Pav would do a better job as the lone forward tbh - at least he's got a bit of height.

DO you actually watch Spurs play? If you did you would know that Pav is a lazy fukker who is physically very weak. Playing him up front on his own is dumb. And your bias against Defoe takes away a lot of creditability from the little sense that you rarely talk

I dont fudgein get it with why people seriously underrate Defoe. The guy is actually our top scorer and has scored vital goals - WBA twice to name two.

I think Defoe would cause problems against bricky and score a couple of goals. Defoe is a player who could score a goal or two out of nothing and hopefully he will prove alot of people wrong tomorrow.

I don't get the big games thing, in the past 2 years he's scored against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project. Only team he hasn't scored against is Arsenal in that period but he's set up a goal in that fixture.

I don't get the big games thing, in the past 2 years he's scored against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project. Only team he hasn't scored against is Arsenal in that period but he's set up a goal in that fixture.

i am actually quite surprised with that

im not as happy with him being in the line up against City as i would be if he was to play off a competent front man - up top by himself i think he could be marked out of the game - everyone is jumping on GB for his formation but someone else mentioned something similar either in this thread or in another and no one battered an eye lid, strange . . . .

i am actually quite surprised with that

im not as happy with him being in the line up against City as i would be if he was to play off a competent front man - up top by himself i think he could be marked out of the game - everyone is jumping on GB for his formation but someone else mentioned something similar either in this thread or in another and no one battered an eye lid, strange . . . .

Who is going to mark him out of the game?

De Jong? - Hasn't been a shadow of the player he was last year, doesn't appear to have his heart in it at city at the moment..

Savic? - Young, inexperienced, has made a couple of mistakes whenever i've seen him play, defoes movement should be enough to lose him.

Lescott? - ok, so lescott might be able to do it, but by doing so he would open up savic to the pace of bale/lennon in addition to the tenacity of VDV...

I can't see them marking him out of it, I can see our playstyle making it a little difficult to include him, however if we manage to get him involved and running into the channels, pulling the defenders out of position i can see us scoring a couple...

More because with GB, it's normally an excuse to troll about Defoe and then start going into his garbage made up by people trying to make football sound more complicated than it is gobbledygook

False 9s are centre forwards who drop deep.

False 10s are 'in the hole' forwards who get up and beyond the main striker.

"False 9s are centre forwards who drop deep" - so basically a #10 then ...

"False 10s are 'in the hole' forwards who get up and beyond the main striker" - if that's a false #10 then what the heck is a true #10?

More because with GB, it's normally an excuse to troll about Defoe and then start going into his garbage made up by people trying to make football sound more complicated than it is gobbledygook

Spot on. Football is a lot more dynamic than the American version. Real football is more about players playing to each others strengths and adapting to whatever happens on the pitch than memorizing different playing patterns and playing very specific roles.

you lot need help.
discussing the outpourings of gutterboy - as if any of it made sense

is about as relevant as pondering the celestial significance of the babble of the tellytubbies

Who is going to mark him out of the game?

De Jong? - Hasn't been a shadow of the player he was last year, doesn't appear to have his heart in it at city at the moment..

Savic? - Young, inexperienced, has made a couple of mistakes whenever i've seen him play, defoes movement should be enough to lose him.

Lescott? - ok, so lescott might be able to do it, but by doing so he would open up savic to the pace of bale/lennon in addition to the tenacity of VDV...

I can't see them marking him out of it, I can see our playstyle making it a little difficult to include him, however if we manage to get him involved and running into the channels, pulling the defenders out of position i can see us scoring a couple...

well what about the many games we have seen where Defoe is kept quite by very ordinary defenders ?

on his day he can cause any defender trouble, but mostly this will be when he is played in a front two - i don't think he will be as effective by himself - not saying it won't happen btw or am i saying he shouldn't play - just i think it's probably our biggest question mark on the day. hopefully he busts a gut and shows he can do it by himself

well what about the many games we have seen where Defoe is kept quite by very ordinary defenders ?

on his day he can cause any defender trouble, but mostly this will be when he is played in a front two - i don't think he will be as effective by himself - not saying it won't happen btw or am i saying he shouldn't play - just i think it's probably our biggest question mark on the day. hopefully he busts a gut and shows he can do it by himself

Perhaps.. I might be being overly hopeful in thinking that defoe should be rather fired up about this game, he has a point to prove, if he impresses then maybe he should start a couple more, but he'll know that the only reason he's starting today is because ade can't..

He won't get many better chances to show capello what he can do.. pretty much a given that he will be there tomorrow...

More solid midfield.

Defoe's also a flat-track-bully who is always completely ineffective against decent defences.

And vdV as a false 9 worked really well last time we tried it (Blackburn away last season)

Sandro's not fit. Parker needs to pick up Silva whenever he comes inside (often) and be onto him high up the pitch and early. If anything, Luka will be playing the deeper 'possession/orchestral' type of DM (as opposed to war dog)...

But doesn't matter, my Benny av is back, happy day guaranteed!!!!! COYS!!!!

"False 9s are centre forwards who drop deep" - so basically a #10 then ...

"False 10s are 'in the hole' forwards who get up and beyond the main striker" - if that's a false #10 then what the heck is a true #10?

The truest #10s I ever saw/knew, were players like Glennda, Platini and Zidane...#10 means something diff now maybe?

Gutterboy, why dot you get behind Tottenham Hotspur FC instead of putting your personal hatred in front of supporting the tream....

if we are going for the win, with Ade ineligible...surely Defoe must start...why is this even an issue?

Back