• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

Didn't see that game, what do you mean by false no. 9? Did he hold the ball up etc like we need?

Sorry - it wasn't Blackburn, it was Villa - this match: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9309537.stm

False 9 are not really target men - they lead the line but also drop in deep/wide and interchange more with other attacking players. A bit like Tevez or Messi do when they play as the main forward. You need to be a possession team to be able to do it (which we're more than capable of being).

Sorry - it wasn't Blackburn, it was Villa - this match: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9309537.stm

False 9 are not really target men - they lead the line but also drop in deep/wide and interchange more with other attacking players. A bit like Tevez or Messi do when they play as the main forward. You need to be a possession team to be able to do it (which we're more than capable of being).

dont you mean false 10?

I see, I'm not convinced he could play that Tevez type role regularly but would be interested to see how he would do there. Either way I don't think away to Emirates Marketing Project is the time to experiment with that though. I know you have your reservations about Defoe, but he will be chomping at the bit, has been in good form when on the pitch and I think provided we keep the ball on the floor and have Bale/Lennon/VDV interchanging and supporting him we will be fine....

More solid midfield.

Defoe's also a flat-track-bully who is always completely ineffective against decent defences.

And vdV as a false 9 worked really well last time we tried it (Blackburn away last season)

They'd be more effective than Pav or Defoe tbh.

oh good GHod
does your inability to think beyond your prejudice and limited capacity, know no boundaries?

And when guttersnipe walked through the back of his wardrobe, he discovered that all of the stuff he had been saying, was actually true

..........and then he woke up.....

Not sure why some have included Sandro in their teams for tomorrow? I though Harry said he wouldn't be available. In any case my team would be Brad; BAE; King (tbc); Kaboul; Walker; Bale; Modric; Parker; Lennon; VDV; Defoe.

Not sure why some have included Sandro in their teams for tomorrow? I though Harry said he wouldn't be available. In any case my team would be Brad; BAE; King (tbc); Kaboul; Walker; Bale; Modric; Parker; Lennon; VDV; Defoe.

I think both King and Sandro will be fit for tomorrow. If they are close then its a game you cortisone (or the modern equivalent) them for.

I think both King and Sandro will be fit for tomorrow. If they are close then its a game you cortisone (or the modern equivalent) them for.

Well I'd be massively surprised if they both played. Would be a major risk if Harry was right in saying Sandro was running at 60%. My expectation is that he will push VDV alongside Defoe and let that fall back into a five man midfield when need be.

Well I'd be massively surprised if they both played. Would be a major risk if Harry was right in saying Sandro was running at 60%. My expectation is that he will push VDV alongside Defoe and let that fall back into a five man midfield when need be.

I can't believe we've got no other option than Defoe. It really shows how our whole season hinges on Ade's continued fitness. I think even Pav would do a better job as the lone forward tbh - at least he's got a bit of height.

Pav's got height, yet Defoe can hold up the ball better and probably win more headers in a match. Quite sad

I can't believe we've got no other option than Defoe. It really shows how our whole season hinges on Ade's continued fitness. I think even Pav would do a better job as the lone forward tbh - at least he's got a bit of height.

It's not all about height though is it, and Pav doesn't look up for it at all anymore which is a shame as he is the best finisher we have.

As Redknapp aludes to in this article it's all about playing football on the ground with Defoe up front.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2089922/Harry-Redknapp-backs-Jermain-Defoe-shine-Manchester-City.html

It's not all about height though is it, and Pav doesn't look up for it at all anymore which is a shame as he is the best finisher we have.

As Redknapp aludes to in this article it's all about playing football on the ground with Defoe up front.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2089922/Harry-Redknapp-backs-Jermain-Defoe-shine-Manchester-City.html

Some people are too obsessed about players needing to have certain attributes to be able to play football. It's all about how the players you have play together.

To be a lone forward you need to at least basically fulfill two of these three criteria. Work Rate, Decent First Touch & Strength on the ball. Defoe has a better work ethic, a better first touch (not difficult when talking about Pav) and probably better strength.

But I'd be surprised if we played with a lone forward. If VDV is fit, he'll partner the striker and play in the Teddy role.

Some people are too obsessed about players needing to have certain attributes to be able to play football. It's all about how the players you have play together.

That's very true. If only successive England managers had learned that lesson. Sometimes inferior players make the better team and a more successful team, simply because they compliment each other better.

Thing is, I might be more prone to agreeing with you Gutter Boy if Kompany was playing. He would emerge from the match with Defoe snug in his pocket. However, even in this scenario, I would play Defoe, he's our top scorer, provides a good goalthreat and means we can play both him and VDV.

Luckily for us anyway, Kompany is out so we'll be facing Lescott and Savic. Which, for all intents and purposes, is a midtable centreback partnership.

Friedel

Walker
King
Kaboul
BAE

Lennon
Parker
Modric
Bale
VDV

Defoe

Keep it simple and to what we know. Parker to stay back and shield as he was doing early on in the season. Bale to stop thinking he's Messi or Ronaldo and not drift quite as much, provide us with width and attack whoever they put at rightback and, at the appropriate moments drift in or switch with Lennon.

VDV's drifting is obviously a big part of our possession play but we need to make sure that Defoe has support. Whether that's from Bale, Lennon, VDV or even Modric, we can't leave him isolated, which is what we did so often last season.

Indeed. If you look at Augero he isn't physically that much different from Defoe is he? Yet he plays up front on his own more often than not.....

Back