• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lucas is like the Brazilian Theo Walcott. Stick him in a situation that requires no brain power and he will do something. Expect him to think and it all falls apart.

Sissoko is doing a job defensively, but he's so fudging brick in there when we have the ball and even struggles to make 6 yard passes. Dier has been better and is doing his job well, though I will not forgive him for smashing it away when we have time.

Honestly though, players like Kane, Dele and Eriksen have the brains to play through this. Sissoko, Aurier and Lucas are examples of players whose lack of footballing brainpower causes us to struggle.

I actually think Aurier hasn't been all bad, kept surprisingly calm on a number of occasions (although had a lot of poor passes). Sissoko just not present neither defensively or offensively, doesn't get on the ball, and when he does, just doesn't do anything useful with it. Lucas just making a lot of odd decisions, not playing the ball when he should, running into traffic instead of into space etc.

Vertonghen not quick enough for Traore, so we need to to something clever there. Sanchez losing the ball too easily, looks a bit nervous almost.

Dier has been our best man so far, tidying up at the back. Shame he didn't score. Needs a ball distributor next to him in midfield though, get Lo Celso on for Sissoko.

Wolves have been good, pressuring us well, but they haven't really created a lot of big chances, so we're doing some things right defensively.

Wolves are playing well but we're keeping our heads above water. The shape and determination is back and so they haven't really carved us open.
This! We're put under a lot of pressure, but it's not like they had chances like the one Dier had. Still think they're likely to score if we have another half like the first one.

Big decisions for Mourinho.

I see a lot of you say that we are lucky to be in the lead and it's a miracle we haven't conceded.
Honestly, I didn't see them have many chances. I wasn't worried for a second during the first half.

I certainly don't underestimate Wolves, I was catering for the general masses who believe it's our right to win every game 3-0 whoever we play as anything else is a disaster, and I left out all the players that I have read are useless and have no place in a Spurs side, I'm not a qualified coach and have not studied Wolves in depth so I have no idea how that team would cope, but I'm sure they side would get a hiding, but it doesn't matter the rubbish weren't playing and that gives them a chance to hate somebody else.

Seems like a lot of effort to put in to an unclear satirical post but cool stuff bro :)

I see a lot of you say that we are lucky to be in the lead and it's a miracle we haven't conceded.
Honestly, I didn't see them have many chances. I wasn't worried for a second during the first half.

They only really had that shot by Jimenez go just wide that I can think of. I actually think we've defended fairly well, although we let Traore have too many dangerous crosses into the box.

They've lacked the final pass but really because of anything we've done just their own decision making or execution.

They also had a couple 9f really guilt edged opportunities that we recovered and defended well against. Ie. The chances when Sanchez pushed up too tight and they ran straight to the keeper, the other chance that Sanchez blocked that looked goal bound and the one when I think Never played a neat 1-2 just inside the box and hit his shot wide. On top of literally dozens of crosses from Traore.

On another day Wolves make a better decisions in the final third and we would have conceded at least one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'd go 442 with Kane and Son up top on the break
Get Sissoko on the right
Take off Moura and Alli
Put Winks and Skipp on to help Dier make it super stodgy in the middle

They only really had that shot by Jimenez go just wide that I can think of. I actually think we've defended fairly well, although we let Traore have too many dangerous crosses into the box.
Exactly. They've had a lot of the ball, but not produced much. When they have crossed into the box, they've only had 1 or 2 players there, vs 5 or 6.

Wow. Totally amazed we got to HT without conceding.

They are impressively relentless, as though there are 2 more Gold shirts on the pitch.

I cant see us continuing to hold out so, definitely need another goal to at least come away with a point.

I am clinging to the hope they cant keep up their intensity for another 45 mins

Reminds me of the Arsenal game. We had a fair few chances to score on the break in the 2nd half but just got the final shot/pass wrong. Hopefully don’t make the same mistakes today.

Why should we be tiring? Most were rested for a week. What did Poch do to mess up our conditioning?

Back