• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Tottenham: Have had the most shots on target (205) in the PL this season whilst allowing their opponents the fewest shots (315)

That's shots ON TARGET, Liverpool have had by far the most shots.

Let's submit this to UEFA and claim CL football should we fail in the league

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Tottenham: Have had the most shots on target (205) in the PL this season whilst allowing their opponents the fewest shots (315)

Alas, when you have people like Adebayor who seem to delight at aiming straight at the keeper whenever they are one on one with the opposing goalie those stats really mean fudge all

Me too. It's just the way I've become conditioned to Spurs, and life generally.

Example............I'm on 2 weeks standby at work at the moment. The last 2 nights, 2 seperate people went sick, and I got called in to cover. I convinced myself that one of those would be sick again tonight, as it's her last night on shift for 2 weeks, and I would be doing my 3rd night in a row. However, just had text to say she will be in and I'm stood down. major bonus.

That is how I treat things with Spurs. Fear the worst, rejoice when something better happens.

Let's be honest here................how many of you had us down to lose at Old Trafford earlier in the season, only to be shocked and delighted at the outcome? Be honest.

But then...you're just living in this permanent state of negativity with only brief bursts of surprise happiness, always doubting Spurs.

I just prefer to look at it like: we can do it, we may do it, we may not. But until it's impossible there's no point declaring all is lost. We have good players capable of winning every game, a good manager and a good team spirit. That's not me expecting the best, and thinking we definitely will only to be dissapointed. It's just living with a balance while still being elated when we win and as annoyed as anyone when we don't.

But then...you're just living in this permanent state of negativity with only brief bursts of surprise happiness, always doubting Spurs.

I just prefer to look at it like: we can do it, we may do it, we may not. But until it's impossible there's no point declaring all is lost. We have good players capable of winning every game, a good manager and a good team spirit. That's not me expecting the best, and thinking we definitely will only to be dissapointed. It's just living with a balance while still being elated when we win and as annoyed as anyone when we don't.
How i feel, worded a hell of a lot better than i have managed so far though ;)

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Well out of those shots on goal:

Bale' had 59 (with 73 off target) - 17 goals
Defoe' had 40 (with 64 off target) - 10 goals
Dempsey' had 20 (with 33 off target) - 5 goals
Adebayor' had 16 (with 15 off target) - 3 goals
Sigurdsson' had 16 (with 34 off target) - 2 goals
Vertonghen' had 10 (with 22 off target) - 4 goals
Caulker' had 8 (with 6 off target) - 2 goals
Lennon' had 7 (with 19 off target) - 4 goals
Dembele' had 6 (with 15 off target) - 1 goal
Sandro' had 6 (with 19 off target) - 1 goal
Assou-Ekotto' had 4 (with 5 off target) - 1 goal
Walker' had 3 (with 21 off target)
Parker' had 1 (with 9 off target)
Huddlestone' had 1 (with 10 off target)

Full figures here: Tottenham Hotspur 2012-13 Squad Statistics - Barclays Premier League - ESPN FC

200 of them from outside the box probably.

Only about 113 of them, what with us taking 55% of our shots from outside the 18 yard box... Just goes to show how poor the Scousers aim must be considering they manage to miss more often despite only taking 43% of their shots from outside the box.

I like to think of myself as a realist, rather than a pessimist.

I expect the most likely outcome on things. That isn't always in the negative though. Only when it comes to Spurs and work!!!!

I have expected us to win some games this season. Fulham at home, Liverpool away etc..........:lol:

Players with the most shots:

Suarez 181 - 22 goals
Bale 132 - 17 goals
Van Pervie 124 - 21 goals
Defoe 104 - 10 goals
Giroud 104 - 11 goals
Cazorla 102 - 12 goals
Michu 99 - 17 goals
Benteke 95 - 15 goals
Taarabt 90 - 5 goals
Demba Ba 89 - 13 goals
Tevez 89 - 11 goals

Players with the most shots:

Suarez 181 (67 on target) - 22 goals
Bale 132 (59 on target) - 17 goals
Van Pervie 124 (56 on target) - 21 goals
Defoe 104 (40 on target) - 10 goals
Giroud 104 (38 on target) - 11 goals
Cazorla 102 (35 on target) - 12 goals
Michu 99 (33 on target) - 17 goals
Benteke 95 (37 on target) - 15 goals
Taarabt 90 (28 on target) - 5 goals
Demba Ba 89 (37 on target) - 13 goals
Tevez 89 (36 on target) - 11 goals

FWIW I've added in the figures for shots on target :-k

This break has come at a great time for us , and were it not for the fact that Bale and Lennon are unlikely to be fit I'd have high hopes to roll bricky over.

But without these two pacey players its going to be a cagey game. Ade will be well up for this and if Bale and lennon aren't fit the team picks itself.

Big question mark is does BAE start for men we could do with his natural left foot to balance the team.

Front four of siggy dempsey holtby with ade up top and parker and dembele in the centre is the best we can do without bale and lennon.

City will be up for this but if we match them in the centre of the park and keep tevez quiet we could get something from this game.

I'm actually getting more confident as the days come closer. Strange. I didn't even start the OMT.

I'm fudging tinkled off that I can't see this. Don't think I've seen Spurs play in like a month, so I have no idea what kind of form anyone's in or how we've been playing so I have absolutely nothing productive or thought provoking to say in this clusterfudge of an OMT.

So here's a gif of a badger and an otter frolicking.

otter-badger-o.gif

COYS.

My confidence levels entirely depend on the team news. If it's this:

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Bale, Sigurdsson; Adebayor

Then I think we can fudge them up and get them back for last season. If it's this:

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Parker, Dembele; Dempsey, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Adebayor

Then I'll probably be found at the nearest clifftop.

I like to think of myself as a realist, rather than a pessimist.

I expect the most likely outcome on things. That isn't always in the negative though. Only when it comes to Spurs and work!!!!

I have expected us to win some games this season. Fulham at home, Liverpool away etc..........:lol:

That's exactly how I feel. I'd like to think I am quite level headed and realistic rather than pessimistic. I'm happy when positive things happen to me, but I tend to get down when bad things happen. I think you have to prepare the for the worst, even if you are an optimist. This whole glass half empty/half full flimflam, it's both half full and half empty, I don't see myself as one or the other.

Oh btw, there have been studies recently that show pessimists actually live longer than optimists ;)

That's exactly how I feel. I'd like to think I am quite level headed and realistic rather than pessimistic. I'm happy when positive things happen to me, but I tend to get down when bad things happen. I think you have to prepare the for the worst, even if you are an optimist. This whole glass half empty/half full flimflam, it's both half full and half empty, I don't see myself as one or the other.

Oh btw, there have been studies recently that show pessimists actually live longer than optimists ;)

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/02February/Pages/Sorry-Victor-pessimists-dont-really-live-longer.aspx

Twitter / OptaJoe: 4 - Spurs have lost their last four Premier League encounters with Manc City - this after losing just three of their previous 27. Reversal.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 4 - Spurs have lost their last four Premier League encounters with Manc City - this after losing just three of their previous 27. Reversal.

brick... that's true. Since Crouchie's OG at their patch, we got smashed 5-1, lost 3-2, and lost 2-1 this season. I used to look forward to playing City and Everton.

You know that c*** Nasri is nailed on to score.

Wow, that really is amazing. It's as though they were taken over and spent a billion pounds on their team or something!

Back