• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Those reverse balls played out to Walker have led to our two most dangerous moments, the save from Hart and the goal-line block from Zabaleta. We need to see more of those runs being made behind the back line by the full-backs, they're our only source of width right now. Get Defoe on for Dempsey in the second half, move him alongside Ade with Bale cutting in from the right onto his stronger foot and Sig cutting in from the left into a similar shooting position on and Parker-Dembele sitting behind them alert to any danger and recycling the ball.

We've shown enough to suggest we can score if we play intelligently. We're trying hard, now we need to think quickly.

Come on you Spurs, don't throw it all away.

Fair point - giving 4-3-3 a go but not be the worst idea and really cant be any worse than the first half. We're hoping we score rather than looking like we're going to
I really think we need to try and control it.
Definite red for Nasri for me all day

What a load of nonsense. Nothing like it at all.

Totally agree - just histrionics.

We started well, they scored, we then kicked on a bit... ended the half strongly and hopefully we will kick on in second half. There have been times where we lacked an idea or two but overall its been fine from 25 mins onwards.

Anyone else think we're sitting too deep and not pressing them high enough up the pitch. They're getting far too much respect.
And Dempsey out the right never works.

City are strong defensively. If we can get one goal, it will give us a massive lift. We've been close. But Ade, Dempsey, Bale, Sig - none of them look dominant or confident.

Ade especially. AVB hasn't got him in the right frame of mind. Ade just runs a lot closing down and almost hides when we attack.

Parker's just not good enough.

We have absolutely NO width. No balance. No spacing.

Sigg has given the ball away more times than he's hit a clean pass.

Walker and BAE are never good enough to provide an attacking threat we need down the wing.

Adebayor might as well be on the bench.

We have no link from defense to attack...

Where is our pace in wide areas? This was once our strength.

Our biggest problem right now is we aren't playing as a cohesive unit, and we're not using the full width of the pitch. We've got 4 attacking players who all want to use the center of the pitch, and they're getting in each other's way. What's worrying is, we don't have anyone on the bench whose natural position is out wide. The only changes I could think of that might possibly help would be to take off Sigg and put on Holtby to give us 3 in midfield, and change Ade for Defoe.

They have not even got out of first gear and we are being out played. Think its almost spot on.

City never look like they're out of first gear. Mostly because they sit with 9men in the own 35-40 yards and play the ball long to two extremely talented front men.

Those reverse balls played out to Walker have led to our two most dangerous moments, the save from Hart and the goal-line block from Zabaleta. We need to see more of those runs being made behind the back line by the full-backs, they're our only source of width right now. Get Defoe on for Dempsey in the second half, move him alongside Ade with Bale cutting in from the right onto his stronger foot and Sig cutting in from the left into a similar shooting position on and Parker-Dembele sitting behind them alert to any danger and recycling the ball.

We've shown enough to suggest we can score if we play intelligently. We're trying hard, now we need to think quickly.

Come on you Spurs, don't throw it all away.

Nice post. Analysis not doom and gloom.

COYS!!!!

They have not even got out of first gear and we are being out played. Think its almost spot on.
Not as easy as that. City are not playing with pressure, and it's not as easy to just step it up for city. They are playing with control, but we've shown there are chances there. One goal and they could be shook

I think i'd be tempted to sell Bale in the summer. We could get an absolute brick load of cash and re-invest it.

Normally you wouldn't want to sell your best players, but in this instance we have such a mish mash of players that it is literally impossible to identify our playing style / impose a clear style on our side.

A clear out of the Livermore's, Parker's, Ade's etc would do the world of good. We should be aiming to bring in a team of players the quality of Lloris, Dembele (when on form) and Vertonghen etc.

If we could clear some out, raise 90 million or so for a war chest then it could be exactly what we need.

We are just a half way house, falling between styles, no discernible philosophy, and I think it is largely down to have a patch work squad that doesn't make any sense what so ever.

EDIT: not really a post for this thread, but watching us leaves you feeling pretty confused about which direction we're heading in.

Not as easy as that. City are not playing with pressure, and it's not as easy to just step it up for city. They are playing with control, but we've shown there are chances there. One goal and they could be shook

The outlook isn't bad. Just depends what we do in the second. No player changes required yet.

Walker and BAE are never good enough to provide an attacking threat we need down the wing

Our biggest problem right now is we aren't playing as a cohesive unit, and we're not using the full width of the pitch. We've got 4 attacking players who all want to use the center of the pitch, and they're getting in each other's way. What's worrying is, we don't have anyone on the bench whose natural position is out wide. The only changes I could think of that might possibly help would be to take off Sigg and put on Holtby to give us 3 in midfield, and change Ade for Defoe.

Walker has been dangerous at least twice attacking. I think Benny has been told by AVB to sit back more.

AVB needs to earn his corn here. Either
- go 4-3-3 so that you have people closer to Ade and have THudd/Holtby added to the midfield in the hope that means we can boss possession and create something. Whether than means Demspey or Siggy come off I don't mind

or

- stay 4-4-2 and bring Defoe on up top so that we have someone who will take people on and move a bit. Plus get Thudd into CM so that we start passing the ball better

Playing a material portion of the next 45 as we are is pointless

Is our pitch wider than the average EPL pitch? If so, suits us when we have Azza and Bale but in 2 recent games, seems to have gone against us.

Walker and BAE are never good enough to provide an attacking threat we need down the wing.

Nothing about Bale thinking he is better than he is?

We can get a draw. If Bale wakes up, maybe a win. We might need a bit of luck!

I would ask Sig to run himself out in the first 20, then replace him.

I think i'd be tempted to sell Bale in the summer. We could get an absolute brick load of cash and re-invest it.

Normally you wouldn't want to sell your best players, but in this instance we have such a mish mash of players that it is literally impossible to identify our playing style / impose a clear style on our side.

A clear out of the Livermore's, Parker's, Ade's etc would do the world of good. We should be aiming to bring in a team of players the quality of Lloris, Dembele (when on form) and Vertonghen etc.

If we could clear some out, raise 90 million or so for a war chest then it could be exactly what we need.

We are just a half way house, falling between styles, no discernible philosophy, and I think it is largely down to have a patch work squad that doesn't make any sense what so ever.

I am starting to feel the same way...

Back