• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Who knows what would have happened last year if Redknapp had not made the dumb decision to play Crouch at home but we could and should have won the away fixture and we ran them close at their place this term.
The os sent me an e-mail about our great record if we score first. City have a better one recently so the first goal is all important.

Wtf??? We had only just signed Ade and he was ineligible anyway. Redknapp made ****-ups in that game for sure (formation, our CM pairing etc), but what the hell could he have done with our attack (not even mentioning the crazy saves Hart made against Crouch headers from crosses from Bale etc)?

If City play Aguero and Nasri, the movement might make us recall the 'Donkey-Dawson' labels...Dawson has been rocky recently and today could be exposed BIG TIME

Dawson has not been good recently and Verts has been making mistakes too but AVB does not seem to trust Caulker. I am hoping that Michael has not been 100% fit and is fit today. I hope ALL our CBs are fit.

Just cannot feel motivated for this match. With us only winning 1 of our last 7 matches, this is hardly the ideal match for us now. With both us and ManCity in a must-win situation, this is going to be really tough match. We used to have an excellent record against ManCity. But it has changed in recent years. We have lost our last 4 matches to them. Hope AVB and the team will be able to change that record somehow.

Can see this match being won or lost in midfield. We not only need to start our attacks from midfield but we need to stop ManCity's attacks as well. Dembele and Parker will need to step up their game here. Both have been poor in recent matches. Hope they will be motivated enough for this match. One thing to be hopefull about this match is that we almost beat ManCity away earlier in the season when we played Sandro and Hudd in midfield. So hope, Dembele and Parker will give us a fighting chance in this match. The return of Lennon will be very crucial as Bale only plays well when Lennon is around. Hope Lennon is fit to play. Sigurdsson seems to be in good form recently. Hope he can score or assist a goal or two here.

Bale's return will lift the team for sure. But can't see him having much impact in this match. Can see ManCity mark him tightly. The only chance he will have to go for goal is through freekicks. Hope he will make use of any freekicks we get. Other than that, can't see Bale getting much chance to even touch the ball. I think one of Adebayor, Dempsey or Defoe will have to play a key role in attack. Adebayor did well against Everton but not sure if he will step up against his old team. He seems to have a swing mood always. But Dempsey and Defoe, if he is fit, are not in good form either. Maybe Dempsey will find a chance to score somehow, as he has done earlier in the season. Really disappointed about Defoe before his injury. Not sure if he will be up for this match after being out so long. Hopefully our attack can find a goal or two somehow.

Just can't see our defence keep a clean sheet in this match. Our entire defence have been making unforced errors everywhere in recent matches. Will be very surprised if we keep a clean sheet in this match. Wish Kaboul is fit to partner Vertonghen now. But with Kaboul still missing, Vertonghen will find it difficult to keep our defence together alone. Would prefer if Vertonghen helps our attacks more than defence instead. This will be a good chance for the likes of Dawson, Gallas, Caulker and BAE to improve their error-prone image. Not really impressed with Lloris so far. Hope Llors can put up a error-free performance in goal. Just hope our defence can keep their mistakes to a limit so that we can outscore ManCity.

This will be a difficult match. But with Arsenal and Chelsea keeps on chasing us in the top 4 race, we have no choice but to try and win all our matches as well. Our home form have not been great this season. But this will be a good chance to improve that. Hope we can turn up with the positive mentality to beat ManCity.

Last edited:
If City play Aguero and Nasri, the movement might make us recall the 'Donkey-Dawson' labels...Dawson has been rocky recently and today could be exposed BIG TIME

I'd be gobsmacked is Dawson doesn't play. Our 3 fit CBs are Caulker, Verts and Daws and given how AVB seems reluctant to use young players, its difficult to see Caulker starting. Only was he would start is if AVB believes that we need Verts at LB

With their movement Caulker would be a disaster, I think Naughton would make a good CB, anyway it has to be Dawson and Verts for me and Benny at LB.

Any team news yet ?

Don't want to put too much expectations on this match. A draw will be a good result for us. Just hope we will win it somehow.

Any team news yet ?

Don't want to put too much expectations on this match. A draw will be a good result for us. Just hope we will win it somehow.

Can I just check that you do this as a 'joke' each week rather than serious question?!?

3 in the middle of the park IMHO. Otherwise they will run all over us I fear.

I would like that too. Parker behind Dembele and Holtby like against Basel. Bale - Ade - Lennon as the front 3 if all are fit, Dempsey in for Lennon if Lennon is out.

Will be interesting to see if AVB starts Ekotto or not, I think we need him. We need Verts in the centre and Naughton has been no better than Ekotto, I would rather see Ekotto who we know has a higher maximum level.

Hope The Lane is rocking. Make it happen people!

I would like that too. Parker behind Dembele and Holtby like against Basel. Bale - Ade - Lennon as the front 3 if all are fit, Dempsey in for Lennon if Lennon is out.

Will be interesting to see if AVB starts Ekotto or not, I think we need him. We need Verts in the centre and Naughton has been no better than Ekotto, I would rather see Ekotto who we know has a higher maximum level.

Hope The Lane is rocking. Make it happen people!

I think Siggy has earned a starting place in recent weeks.

I think Siggy has earned a starting place in recent weeks.

Perhaps, but I don't see him as a central midfielder at this point and I think Dempsey is better on the right than he is although none of them is particularly comfortable there.

If we go 4-2-3-1 with Bale in the hole and Lennon right then Sig seems like a pretty obvious choice on the left.

Back