• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

You got busted and now say you are trolling...deal with it.

BTW, I woulddn't use that excuse if I were you, as trolling is against the rules...someone could report you just like you always report people...

3. WUMs and trolls

Posters deliberately seeking to wind up other posters or repeatedly posting the same thing across multiple threads.

If you suspect that a poster is acting as a wind up merchant or trolling don't respond, but please report examples to the admin team. The admin team will consider the matter and, if the majority agree, the appropriate action will be taken.

Acts of trolling are designated as such by the opinion of the admins. These are not open to debate and if your behaviour is continually detrimental to the quality of the board we will take action.

Last edited:
Hopefully Defoe will be introduced in the second half, with a point to prove after being dropped after a hattrick, and then smash home the winner!
Heres for hoping :)

Not sure what to think about Defoe being rested/dropped.

AVB said he brought him off last week due to a slight injury,maybe he isnt 100% after playing Thursday? Not sure.
A few posters have said Dempsey might flourish behind Ade,this is a tough game to find out I suppose.

The only plus to it all is Defoe is a great option off the bench if we need a change of tac, and I'm positive he will be fired up.
I'll back AVB's decision, he knows more about the squad, and football, than I do, so finger crossed

Aldo, I think you're taking this just a little bit too seriously.....it was quite obvious that he was 'trolling'

I'm not 100% about playing both Defoe and Ade for this game tbh, we've done so well away playing the 4-2-3-1 so far.

Absolutley appaling from AVB. I am now convinced this man has gone cuckoo. Any team that has Dempsey in it on his current form and Defoe out of it after scoring a hat trick and being in red hot form, clearly is the work of a complete and utter dingdonghead. We are basically starting this match with ten men.

The worst thing is I REALY wanted to like AVB, this this is the final straw.

i don't think there needs to be concern over Defoe not being in the starting XI - AVB has handled him very well this season so far, leaving Adebayor on the bench several times in favor of him. Im sure, although he won't be happy to be benched, he won't be thinking 'here we go again'

TheSpainTrain ‏@TheSpainTrain
I have a funny feeling Spurs are going to do City today #THFC

THE GHod HAS SPOKEN.

Absolutley appaling from AVB. I am now convinced this man has gone cuckoo. Any team that has Dempsey in it on his current form and Defoe out of it after scoring a hat trick and being in red hot form, clearly is the work of a complete and utter dingdonghead. We are basically starting this match with ten men.

who would you play instead of Dempsey in this formation ?

let's not forget this will be Adebayors first game against City since he played there - perhaps he has been pumped up for this fixture and we all know what an 'aggrieved' Adebayor can do against former clubs . . .

Last edited:

Not even going to wait and see how the game turns out?

You'd be far more justified in blasting him if the team fails like you think it will.

Partly because if it does work you, and a couple others on here, are going to look really stupid.

Apparently Defoe's in 'the form of his life' (1 goal in 8 starts before Maribor), & AVB had picked Ade because he's been moaning. Right.

Well he's not wrong.

Not when the alternative is Dempsey. But im kinda with you - I just dont want it to be a game of 'what ifs'

I think it's a 90 minute game plan , well I'm hoping it is and it will work .

Dempsey to have a good game, his best for Spurs to date and then subbed for Defoe, who will then go on to score the late winner .[-o<

COYS!

who would you play instead of Dempsey in this formation ?

let's not forget this will be Adebayors first game against City since he played there - perhaps he has been pumped up for this fixture and we all know what an 'aggrieved' Adebayor can do against former clubs . . .

I would'nt play a formation which meant leaving out a striker who has just scored a great hat - trick.

Not even going to wait and see how the game turns out?

You'd be far more justified in blasting him if the team fails like you think it will.

Partly because if it does work you, and a couple others on here, are going to look really stupid.

Of course I can only base it on what I think is right and wrong. By the same token, those defending this team selection will look stupid if (when ?) we are 3-0 down at half time.

Apparently Defoe's in 'the form of his life' (1 goal in 8 starts before Maribor), & AVB had picked Ade because he's been moaning. Right.

Well he's not wrong.

8 goals from Defoe in 14 starts this season is pretty good...

P0084.png

Last edited:
I'd rather have the experience of Gallas over moving Vertonghen inside and playing Naughton for this match, nothing against Naughton but he might struggle against City. Pleased Ade is playing but question marks over Dempsey for me, hope he proves me wrong.

I'm going to give you a prediction for the Jan window, sadly at this rate Lloris will leave.

Sadly for him it's not that simple. He needs to get his down, no one forced him to come. He should be made of stronger stuff than that.

It might also help if he didn't play like a semi-professional every time he gets his chance.

Back