• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

Cannot help wondering, how come a team that like us is lying second in their league, 5 points behind the leaders yet they can come here already 3-0 in the tie and still field what looks like their strongest side whereas we choose to rest some of our key players?

There's no long out ball when we are pressed. Missing Kane that can hold it up and missing Dembele who can keep possession whatever the pressing in the middle. Thats who we usually play it to when we are in trouble.
Son is really suffering with no pre season. He has been sp poor since he got that haircut.
Chadli has been so anonymous he's due to come up with a goal as usual.

Lamela and Alderweireld are heads above anyone else on our side.

Son is playing out of position and hasn't had a run of games, I'd be a little more patient as I believe we've seen enough signs to suggest he is a good player. He also appears to add value behind the scenes with his personality (his ex-team mates were gutted when he left).

I am not condemning him as a bad player, for me though he is certainly not in the £20m plus category

Cannot help wondering, how come a team that like us is lying second in their league, 5 points behind the leaders yet they can come here already 3-0 in the tie and still field what looks like their strongest side whereas we choose to rest some of our key players?

it's over for them, it's 5 points behind Munich but about 50 ahead of third, whether they win or lose every game from now on they finish second, this is their focus

and they must have thought we were dangerous enough to take no chances, it's a compliment too

There's no long out ball when we are pressed. Missing Kane that can hold it up and missing Dembele who can keep possession whatever the pressing in the middle. Thats who we usually play it to when we are in trouble.
Son is really suffering with no pre season. He has been sp poor since he got that haircut.
Chadli has been so anonymous he's due to come up with a goal as usual.

Lamela and Alderweireld are heads above anyone else on our side.
tickle my balls with a feather as usual; that hair colour is simply not compatible with top flight football

Is Lamela?

Honestly dont think he is, but I think we all know we overpaid for him, along with others from the Bale Christmas money, but I dont see a better player with Lamela. And I certainly would have got excited if Lamela had got that chance, wasn't the least bit confident when Son got the ball, it was a sort of 'meh' moment

Because they know Bayern aren't going to drop 5 points. I'd rather be playing Augsburg on Sunday than Bournemouth.

I know how you feel haha! My comparison was because we heard the same about him (although he wasn't being played out of position as much).

true

although I think Son will still come good as a wide forward

we thought Lamela was Bale but it turns out he's Roy Keane

Honestly dont think he is, but I think we all know we overpaid for him, along with others from the Bale Christmas money, but I dont see a better player with Lamela. And I certainly would have got excited if Lamela had got that chance, wasn't the least bit confident when Son got the ball, it was a sort of 'meh' moment

Okay, well then I think we're on a different page to each other. £20m isn't that much (believe it or not) these days and particularly for players of that age. For me, Lamela is worth a lot to THIS team as will Son be.

Anyhoo, let's enjoy the rest of the game.

I am really hoping Son is having first season blues. He has regressed since his first couple of games. Either the injury has affected him or he is doing more muscle work and he doesnt know his body anymore.

That said - let see what we can do. We shouldnt lose at home.

Because they know Bayern aren't going to drop 5 points. I'd rather be playing Augsburg on Sunday than Bournemouth.

funnily enough both are 13th

if this is the quality difference between 2nd in the PL and 2nd in the Bundesliga then Augsberg are probably a lot better than Bournemouth

Back