• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

At the game, thing that stands out for me is our inability to play against the press, while they can do it both ways.
Not a slur on Mason, but you can see he's not comfortable receiving the ball under the quality of press they can do, and it's not really Dier's job. There's times when he could be picking it up he's not looking for it, granted the spaces are tight, but that's where we miss someone like Modric. Because of the lack of a playmaker in there we're forced to go long which doesn't work.

At the game, thing that stands out for me is our inability to play against the press, while they can do it both ways.
Not a slur on Mason, but you can see he's not comfortable receiving the ball under the quality of press they can do, and it's not really Dier's job. There's times when he could be picking it up he's not looking for it, granted the spaces are tight, but that's where we miss someone like Modric. Because of the lack of a playmaker in there we're forced to go long which doesn't work.
As I said, overall, they are technically superior.

If there was ever a case of swings and roundabouts is was our summer transfer business.

We must have underpaid by about £10m for Alderweireld. He is THE bargain of the season. Outstanding defender.

On the flipside, we got absolutely stiffed with Son. I absolutely do not see what some others do in him.. £20m was it? Jeepers, would not pay half that, sorry

If there was ever a case of swings and roundabouts is was our summer transfer business.

We must have underpaid by about £10m for Alderweireld. He is THE bargain of the season. Outstanding defender.

On the flipside, we got absolutely stiffed with Son. I absolutely do not see what some others do in him.. £20m was it? Jeepers, would not pay half that, sorry

he was playing really well before that injury

Son is playing out of position and hasn't had a run of games, I'd be a little more patient as I believe we've seen enough signs to suggest he is a good player. He also appears to add value behind the scenes with his personality (his ex-team mates were gutted when he left).

Back