• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Sunderland ***

An awful 45 minutes from us, looking slow in midfield, completely clueless in the final third and making too many errors on the ball. We're playing right into O'N?®ill's hands.

This was always going to be a tough scrappy game. It hasnt been helped by Foy allowing them to wipe out our players at will with no punishment at all.

I think we will knick this in the 2nd half. Just need a bit of patient and a change of game plan at some point.

hmm...interesting tactical scenario now...does Harry bring on Lennon for one of Parker or Sandro, or does he keep the same system and wait for Sunderland to tire themselves out?

He'll stick it out for a while longer I think. Sandro is the obvious choice to go off though, he isn't at his best. Modric and Parker definitely look better in the centre of a 4-4-2. We always look a bit pedestrian when we play 4-5-1.

we are overloaded in the middle when there is no need to be. Sunderland arent exactly the types to pass their way thru our middle are they

width

width

width

It seems they are happy playing for the draw, or a win after scoring on the break. A goal for us would be good for the game, and us, obviously. I think they will have to change their style if it stays 0-0. They press really hard and high, which will tire them.

They do not press high at all that is our problem, with 10 men behind the ball at all times it stops us going wide, leave it as it is then bring Lennon on for the last 15 minutes.

Complete waste of 45 minutes. We knew how Sunderland were gonna play, knew they were gonna be hard to break down. Yet we go out there with 3 attacking players and no width on the right.

was supposed to come from walker i guess.
we're going ok given that s'land is putting two banks of four and defending deep.
nevertheless we've known it all along that we don't have a plan b or c...if you don't count bale drifting to the middle, or substitutions

Decent half, sometimes I wonder if some fans would prefer it to be an end-to-end affair with us 2-0 down.

An awful 45 minutes from us, looking slow in midfield, completely clueless in the final third and making too many errors on the ball. We're playing right into O'N?®ill's hands.

Oh please. We aren't losing, have dominated possession and have had the better chances from open play. We are playing AWAY from home against one of the form teams in the league. Hardly awful. Awful would see us hardly touch the ball and our keeper having to work his arse off.

If Lennon does come on, formation doesn't change. Rafa drops in to where Luka has been operating and Luka drops into help Scott

I think it was a decent first half. For the first 25 minutes we controlled the game, without perhaps creating enough clear openings. Sunderland are hard to break down though. And Foy of course didn't give us the penalty we deserved.
I think Sandro at tiems has been a liability with soem poor passes and touches in dangerous areas. I think we shoudl perhaps bring on either Livermore, if we want to keep this formation, or bring on Lennon and go 4-4-1-1. I also think Bale needs to stay wider like he did against Swansea.
We need to avoid giving away set pieces in dangerous areas and losing the ball needlessly in midfield. That is when they put us under pressure.

The only silver lining with this brick performance is that this is our hardest remaining game. That said, if we just gee ourselves up a bit 3 points are very easily here for the taking

Back