• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

That’s not the issue for me
It’s the lack of players who do the basics when the work has turned
He’s the coach. If they collectively aren’t doing it, that’s his responsibility. As others have said, he gets the credit for great attacking play. He has to take the flak for today. It wasn’t his system today, it was individual mistakes. But they came from all of the back 4. If one makes a mistake, that’s on them. If all of them do, the manager gets questioned.

He’s the coach. If they collectively aren’t doing it, that’s his responsibility. As others have said, he gets the credit for great attacking play. He has to take the flak for today. It wasn’t his system today, it was individual mistakes. But they came from all of the back 4. If one makes a mistake, that’s on them. If all of them do, the manager gets questioned.
Any coach could come in and Romero will still switch off
Destiny will still do the simple thing wrong
It’s not new for these players
They weren’t hard

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou spoke to BBC MOTD after his side lost a two goal lead at half time, to find his team on the end of a 3-2 loss to Brighton:

"Fair to say that the second half was unacceptable and we paid a price for that.

"We probably should have put it to bed in the first half. What we did in that second half is unacceptable and we got what we deserved.

"Maybe we just thought we’d roll out there and play well again and that’s not how it works and we paid for it.

"We’ve conceded before but it is how you react and our reaction wasn’t what it should be. It’s a bad day for us and when it’s a bad day the responsibility falls at my feet."

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou, speaking to Sky Sports: "Disappointing. Frustrated and absolutely gutted with that. Worst defeat since I've been here. Unacceptable second half. Nowhere near where we should be. We got carried away with how were were going.

"We kind of accepted our fate and it is hard to understand as we've not done that while I've been here. We paid the price.

"The problem is we are travelling along too smoothly, football and life will trip you up if you get too far ahead of yourself."

On message to the players: "There is no message. It is a terrible loss for us - as bad as it gets. Only one way to fix it and that's my responsibility.

"We lost all our duels and if you're not competitive it is not going to work - we were not competitive.

"They all go international duty the majority of them. They will process it individually and I will process it when everyone gets back."

Ange-
Unacceptable second half
Worst defeat since he's been here
Mentality issue

All correct.
However, I am very very worried by his demeanour in that interview. He looked really down, like he'd just been dumped.
Honestly, the tone in that interview is someone that doesn't believe. It certainly wasn't something you'd get behind and feel galvanized by.

That was concerning.
I found the standing on the pitch looking like he was about to cry thing at the end pretty weird. Looked like he’d forgotten where he was for about two minutes.

Ange-
Unacceptable second half
Mentality issue

All correct.
However, I am very very worried by his demeanour in that interview. He looked really down, like he'd just been dumped.
Honestly, the tone in that interview is someone that doesn't believe. It certainly wasn't something you'd get behind and feel galvanized by.

That was concerning.
I also thought it was a good interview, in terms of the questions being asked. A bit more specific and probing than the usual platitudinal questions.

He will react
It’s what he does and gets it
Just need the bell ends on the pitch to do it too
I dunno. I'm starting to think he might be too emotional to be a successful leader at this level.
The harsh reality of top level sport is that you have to be ruthless.

Maddison also sounded really down.

Mentality is a big concern.

Any coach could come in and Romero will still switch off
Destiny will still do the simple thing wrong
It’s not new for these players
They weren’t hard
If that’s true, you don’t pick Romero or you make sure others (Porro on the third) are aware so they can cover Romero when he falls asleep.

I found the standing on the pitch looking like he was about to cry thing at the end pretty weird. Looked like he’d forgotten where he was for about two minutes.
He must have been shell shocked by what he saw. I was as well. He doesn't have the luxury of reacting how we do.

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou spoke to BBC MOTD after his side lost a two goal lead at half time, to find his team on the end of a 3-2 loss to Brighton:

"Fair to say that the second half was unacceptable and we paid a price for that.

"We probably should have put it to bed in the first half. What we did in that second half is unacceptable and we got what we deserved.

"Maybe we just thought we’d roll out there and play well again and that’s not how it works and we paid for it.

"We’ve conceded before but it is how you react and our reaction wasn’t what it should be. It’s a bad day for us and when it’s a bad day the responsibility falls at my feet."

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou, speaking to Sky Sports: "Disappointing. Frustrated and absolutely gutted with that. Worst defeat since I've been here. Unacceptable second half. Nowhere near where we should be. We got carried away with how were were going.

"We kind of accepted our fate and it is hard to understand as we've not done that while I've been here. We paid the price.

"The problem is we are travelling along too smoothly, football and life will trip you up if you get too far ahead of yourself."

On message to the players: "There is no message. It is a terrible loss for us - as bad as it gets. Only one way to fix it and that's my responsibility.

"We lost all our duels and if you're not competitive it is not going to work - we were not competitive.

"They all go international duty the majority of them. They will process it individually and I will process it when everyone gets back."
At least it’s refreshing to see the manager accept responsibility as opposed to absolving himself of any blame, rubbishing the club and basically resigning on the spot.

This is a worry, what has he said to them at half time? why has he not seen whats going on in front of him and changed it up.

We don’t win a cup playing in this way. You can’t expect to go through multiple rounds of a knock-out competition winning games while reliant only on this style.

As for top 4, we have 10 points from a possible 21. A CL spot is a pipe dream.
When the fudge do we win a cup? :D As for the 10 points from first 7 games - we have played Saudi Sportswashing Machine Man U and Brighton away all of which are difficult fixtures no matter how much you want to undermine Man U we seldom win there along with the Goons at home in our first 7, we are going to have friendlier fixtures throughout the season where we yield a much better return.

We can complain all we like about Ange, I enjoy watching us play football under him whether we win the league, cup or naff all. There isn't a manager out there who is going to get us to the promised land competing against all the doped clubs, we have tried every type of manager so I'm quite content watching how this plays out for a couple of seasons.....

No leaders on or off the pitch, as soon as the first goal goes in you knew we were fecked.
Ange stands there with hands in pockets.
I agree. Sometimes we come back, sometimes we don't. We have too much of the latter for the quality of players we have. We haven't figured out how to win dirty or messy or cynically. I'd take any of them.

Our tendency to fold is a thing oft associated with this club, and rightly so. The difference between success and failure is such a small thing. These small things are the differences we need to make to win something. And by GHod we badly need to win something, anything soon.

Ange-
Unacceptable second half
Mentality issue

All correct.

That was concerning.
Why would that concern you, it's an emotional game and he's being asked about it right after the game - of course he's going to be down, pointless trying to make out things are all rosy after that. Think you're looking for something that's not there....

Back