• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

I’m shocked but not shocked. What a first half. Absolutely dingdonged them. But once our backs were against the wall, we folded.

This is what we are. You merge our history with a manager who has admirably naive opinions on how the game should be played and it is an amplified version of what we’ve always been. Entertaining as fudge, breathtakingly brilliant but always liable to collapse and will never threaten a league title because we’ll never be consistent enough.

This is what we are and always will be under Ange. Could he win us a pot? Maybe, but I’ve always said I think his system will collapse under pressure and I think that’ll be true in a cup semi final or final if he gets us there.

Top 4 and entertainment is the best Ange will ever offer us. I’m okay with it, if you’re not, he isn’t the man for you IMO.
We don’t win a cup playing in this way. You can’t expect to go through multiple rounds of a knock-out competition winning games while reliant only on this style.

As for top 4, we have 10 points from a possible 21. A CL spot is a pipe dream.

I don't get the sense that any of the players get particularly angry at results such as this. I get the impression that it is out of their minds the moment the final whistle goes and then they just think about the next game, like it is just blanked.
And we get the customary " was poor day in office, will learn from this and we go again." WE LEARN NOTHING

We don’t win a cup playing in this way. You can’t expect to go through multiple rounds of a knock-out competition winning games while relying on this style.

Top 4 is still possible. Not saying we will get it but we can. If we’d won that today, everyone is talking about how we’ve cracked it. One result doesn’t change that too much.

Ange could get us top 4 this season or next. But that’s as much as he’s doing in my view.

We don’t win a cup playing in this way. You can’t expect to go through multiple rounds of a knock-out competition winning games while relying on this style.

to all intents and purposes, the season is over, very little chance of qualifying for the CL through the league from here

and as we have been beaten by every semi competent team we've faced, you'd think we'd get drawn against one in Europe sooner rather than later

I personally am tinkled off with the result. A game of 2 halves. Something went wrong either in the dressing room or in the players' heads. Very disappointing result and I am going to have to find something to take my mind off this.
A nice slow tug to completion?

Top 4 is still possible. Not saying we will get it but we can. If we’d won that today, everyone is talking about how we’ve cracked it. One result doesn’t change that too much.

Ange could get us top 4 this season or next. But that’s as much as he’s doing in my view.
I fancy us in the cups

I personally am tinkled off with the result. A game of 2 halves. Something went wrong either in the dressing room or in the players' heads. Very disappointing result and I am going to have to find something to take my mind off this.
Alcohol for me. There was a poster earlier who said he doesn’t drink. That’s Tibetan-monk levels of discipline. Supporting this club should come with a loyalty/discount card for your local off licence.

What a fcukin' disaster. And to think Spurs will return home for their next game against West Ham and be cheered and serenaded by their fans. Sure it was great to win five on the spin. But this is a collapse of alarming proportions that is simply not acceptable.

They deserve to hear about this. Ange deserves to hear about this. Enough with mindless support.
Not acceptable today I agree. But mindless or otherwise we need 100% support against the Spammers. Not the time to do or to focus on anything else. A hostile atmosphere is needed but directed at them, not our own team/manager.

I’m shocked but not shocked. What a first half. Absolutely dingdonged them. But once our backs were against the wall, we folded.

This is what we are. You merge our history with a manager who has admirably naive opinions on how the game should be played and it is an amplified version of what we’ve always been. Entertaining as fudge, breathtakingly brilliant but always liable to collapse and will never threaten a league title because we’ll never be consistent enough.

This is what we are and always will be under Ange. Could he win us a pot? Maybe, but I’ve always said I think his system will collapse under pressure and I think that’ll be true in a cup semi final or final if he gets us there.

Top 4 and entertainment is the best Ange will ever offer us. I’m okay with it, if you’re not, he isn’t the man for you IMO.
Nailed it there!
I’ve always said it’ll take a special combination of manager and players to change that. Honestly I had hope that Ange might just be the manager, but the players? Come on, where’s the fcuking spine, the leadership?

We seen the good, the bad and the lack of the ugly of Ange today. First half was brilliant, but if we're ever going to achieve anything under him he needs to allow the team do the ugly side of the game and stop the other team playing. It's just as important as the attacking side if you want to win things.

Not acceptable today I agree. But mindless or otherwise we need 100% support against the Spammers. Not the time to do or to focus on anything else. A hostile atmosphere is needed but directed at them, not our own team/manager.

if we Spurs it up against them too the place will be screaming

pick a new one

although if you've been lucky enough to have been given an exit, run through it, escape the game for good
Not sure I could pick a new one. As much as I hate it, I'm emotionally invested.

Turning football off would probably be the way forward.
I'm pretty much there anyway - I'll watch Spurs, but not bothered otherwise.

I think that's why I prefer F1 now - I appreciate the sport, but have a set affinity.
A bit like those football fans that follow a player instead of a club I guess.

Back