• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

Porro was the worst of the back 4, he dont close down in defence leaving the wing 2-3meters all the time. He didnt know what to do in defence today
What I’ve noticed with Porro in a few games is when he goes side on and tries to show the winger the line, he gets too close which means a winger can knock it by him and outpace him. It’s a really basic error.

He’s improved defensively under Ange IMO but sometimes I can’t believe what I’m watching defensively with him.

Porro was the worst of the back 4, he dont close down in defence leaving the wing 2-3meters all the time. He didnt know what to do in defence today
Yeah he gave Mitoma way too much space, It doesn't help that he comes inside all the time and when we lost possession he had to scramble back out to Mitoma who had the ball at his feet before he could get back in position. The inverted full back thing has its place I'm sure but there are times the full backs come inside and are not seemingly doing anything or showing for the ball. I'm sure there's reasons but wouldn't it be better to make those inverted runs every now and then to keep sides guessing?

There was a moment the CBs and Vicario couldn't play out and Udogie was tucked inside near the centre circle, standing still with someone marking hime with no one in the whole LB area.

Modern football is starting to make me feel old!

I actually can't remember which one it was!
Conte?!

The only time I've seen a manager looks like Ange did in that interview is when they know time is. When they've either lost the dressing room or run out of ideas.

I'm really concerned by it.

The top managers react to these results with determination and rushlessness.
The likes of Ferguson and Wenger would get some fire in the team.
Fergie would have loved Romero. But he wouldn't have tolerated him. He'd be in the "I love the things you do well son" camp, "but you have to buck your ideas up"
Spot on about Romero. Ultimately you can put the Leicester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal results almost entirely down to his mistakes/switching off. Guarantee if we just had a steady eddie partnering VDV that wasn't as good a player as Romero but could just concentrate for 90 minutes we'd be about 7 points better off this season. Like just get someone like Jonny Evans or something. I wonder how long you can actually justify his starting place.

Spot on about Romero. Ultimately you can put the Leicester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal results almost entirely down to his mistakes/switching off. Guarantee if we just had a steady eddie partnering VDV that wasn't as good a player as Romero but could just concentrate for 90 minutes we'd be about 7 points better off this season. Like just get someone like Jonny Evans or something. I wonder how long you can actually justify his starting place.
Romeros passing out though is a big thing
He is the best in the league at that

We finished 5th last year, so not sure why 4th should be ruled out as a reasonable aim, especially given we’ve spent money over the summer.

Not having a go at you, but the ‘as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask’ shows how we’ve been brainwashed as a fan base.
As you say, by definition if we don't finish top 4 there has been zero improvement from last season in the only thing that actually counts in the PL.

Romeros passing out though is a big thing
He is the best in the league at that
Yeah but it's like Man Utd selling De Gea to bring in a ball playing keeper only to find that he's letting everything through him that de gea used to save and his 5-10% uplift in ball retention is not making up for the clown show they now have where it counts the most.

We finished 5th last year, so not sure why 4th should be ruled out as a reasonable aim, especially given we’ve spent money over the summer.

Not having a go at you, but the ‘as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask’ shows how we’ve been brainwashed as a fan base.

Oh no don’t get me wrong, I fully expect us to challenge for the top 4, we absolutely should do, I just don’t actually expect us to finish ton the top 4 as Villa have a better, savvier manager than us and we’re not finishing above the top 3 from last season. I fully agree about settling and being brainwashed, particularly with being content with certain players in the squad.

Yeah but it's like Man Utd selling De Gea to bring in a ball playing keeper only to find that he's letting everything through him that de gea used to save and his 5-10% uplift in ball retention is not making up for the clown show they now have where it counts the most.
Don’t disagree
Seeing him play like that I have to say more and more than he could be a very interesting DM

Ange tinkled me off the most, not doing anything before we was under and had 15min left of the game.
Yep. A lot of that game is on him. Half time there should have been a big tactical tweak if not personnel tweak - just sit bit deeper, tell the full backs not to invert and push on. Just create 2 banks and see the game out first and foremost. Then when they got one back, got their tails up there should have been personnel changes just to freshen our side up mentally if not physically and break a bit of momentum off them. Sat there watching it unfold in the second half reminded me unfortunately of watching England under Southgate where it was blatantly obvious what was going on in terms of momentum in the game and what needed to be done and everyone in the pub is shouting for the changes but the manager just freezes

Yep. A lot of that game is on him. Half time there should have been a big tactical tweak if not personnel tweak - just sit bit deeper, tell the full backs not to invert and push on. Just create 2 banks and see the game out first and foremost. Then when they got one back, got their tails up there should have been personnel changes just to freshen our side up mentally if not physically and break a bit of momentum off them. Sat there watching it unfold in the second half reminded me unfortunately of watching England under Southgate where it was blatantly obvious what was going on in terms of momentum in the game and what needed to be done and everyone in the pub is shouting for the changes but the manager just freezes
Out full backs didn’t invert never they scored
It was a rooster up by our full back that helped them a score

Don’t disagree
Seeing him play like that I have to say more and more than he could be a very interesting DM
Complete misconception that a CB with a concentration problem could be pushed further forward. A DM needs far greater levels of concentration than a CB as positionally he has more space to cover and operate in so reading of the game in front of him is more critical than as a CB and he's also got to be far more aware of what is behind him all game than a CB generally has to be. I'd say DM is the hardest position on a football pitch to play well at the top level and often the difference between a top team and a very good team is the DM.

All I can say is never get to excited after a 5 match winning streak.
It's Tottenham
Let’s be fair and honest about it though. We beat Coventry, Qarabag and Ferencvaros in the cups. I’d expect to win those games.

Brentford came to our place and were wide open while United were a brickshow.

We did well to win the games and played some great football. But as 5 game winning streaks go, it wasnt exactly earth shattering and they were never proof of anything.

Let’s be fair and honest about it though. We beat Coventry, Qarabag and Ferencvaros in the cups. I’d expect to win those games.

Brentford came to our place and were wide open while United were a brickshow.

We did well to win the games and played some great football. But as 5 game winning streaks go, it wasnt exactly earth shattering and they were never proof of anything.

Yep. And to be fair those x3 cup performances were shocking.

Back