• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? Was unaware that cussing at Poch was off limits, and that's exactly what I did. I can't be responsible for what some crank decides to yell at me on an online forum when I don't have the patience to engage with him, but I can't really put what I feel towards this omnishambles any differently.

I was trying to be even handed and was hoping to snub out an argument before it started

full post edit

Agree with this.

Barring a miraculous comeback in the 2nd Leg against this very good team, we're done with Thursday night El football for the foreseeable.

It's all about the top four or more. I'm with Poch.

It means we've only got 10 matches left over the next 3 months.

Losing this and Palace has really put all our eggs in one basket.

In theory it could be like last season again, when everything fell apart during the course of a fortnight.

The question for me is that if we're taking this mentality into the europa league, let's at least do it consistently.

Why did we bother putting out a strong team as often as we did so far only to give up with a whimper here?

What was the point exactly?

Because he has had to keep the squad playing so as we could be second in the league going for the title!!!!!!!

He needs to know what he has at the top top level, jesus, he needs to be able identify what he needs next seasom when we come across the Dortmunds in CL!!!!

Do you not think a topped Spurs team, at home, would have a good chance to beat this lot?

I don't think there's that much difference between any of the 22 players in our squad.

Yes Carroll failed to do the pivot role and Chadli gives us no mobility up top, but things wouldn't have been very different with Dier and Kane.

This reminded me of the Madrid game a few years ago. I shows just how much better the handful of teams at the very top are. Chelsea and Arsenal are showing the same against PSG and Barca too

Really don't get resting players to Villa

Surely the fatigue is cumulative though?

So say we went full strength here v Dortmund and got a bit better result meaning we had a chance in the 2nd leg. So then we play Villa, but we still put out a pretty strong team. And then we go strong again at home v Dortmund (we'd have to, or first leg effort would be pointless). And then we go pretty strong again v Bournemouth. That's a tough effort, and then comes league games against Liverpool away and Man Utd at home.

I think Poch recognises we need to win these next two league games to stand a chance at the title, and he's prepared to sacrifice the Europa to increase the chance of that happening. It may not work out that way, nothing is certain. But given this season, it's the right call imo.

Every man and their dog are saying how big of an advantage Leicester have, just able to focus on the league. Well now we can. And I'd take 1 league title over 100 Uefa Cups.

Because he has had to keep the squad playing so as we could be second in the league going for the title!!!!!!!

He needs to know what he has at the top top level, jesus, he needs to be able identify what he needs next seasom when we come across the Dortmunds in CL!!!!
I don't really see what he learns from playing half a first team against Dortmund? He finds out that we need to be at our best to complete? We knew that anyway. It just seems very odd.

Bin it against Carrier Bag if you have to, like Arry used to, I don't see the point.

Surely the fatigue is cumulative though?

So say we went full strength here v Dortmund and got a bit better result meaning we had a chance in the 2nd leg. So then we play Villa, but we still put out a pretty strong team. And then we go strong again at home v Dortmund (we'd have to, or first leg effort would be pointless). And then we go pretty strong again v Bournemouth. That's a tough effort, and then comes league games against Liverpool away and Man Utd at home.

I think Poch recognises we need to win these next two league games to stand a chance at the title, and he's prepared to sacrifice the Europa to increase the chance of that happening. It may not work out that way, nothing is certain. But given this season, it's the right call imo.

Every man and their dog are saying how big of an advantage Leicester have, just able to focus on the league. Well now we can. And I'd take 1 league title over 100 Uefa Cups.

You don't sacrifice it this late in the day though

You do it earlier

3 from Spain
Two from Germany
One from France

york.gif

Perhaps a 3-1 score would have been more of an advantage but detrimental to our oncoming league line-ups?

I would have wanted to go all out for a trophy in past seasons but this season is a bit of an anomaly. We need to focus on top 4 but we still have a chance to win the league. It's an experiment I'm happy enough with to forego any other trophy win. If we are outside the top 4 and with no trophy then it'll still be a very good transitional season (of course I will wonder what could have been).

Hahaha all the people overhyping dortmund

You don't have to be one of the best in the world to beat a mdifield of Carroll and Mason, Chadli up front and Onomah in behind

West Ham beat our best team FFs! What did we expect fielding this trash line up? It was obvious, we got torn apart and completely outclassed. Anyway at least we have an amazing trip to.. er.. Villa to get the juices flowing on Saturday.

I thought Poch himself said we have to respect each competition? We surrendered tonight. Waved the white flag. If any of you ueber positive guys think waving the white flag is good enough, more power to you. I think it was disgusting and embarassing.

You don't sacrifice it this late in the day though

You do it earlier

Maybe, but we probably didn't expect to be 5 point from the top with 9 games to go. Poch adjusted for the Fiorentina game, picking almost the same team as tonight. Other than that, there's not much he could have done to prioritise the league earlier on. But how the season has unfolded, it make sense now.

Didn't we put out pretty much the same team tonight that we did in our last European away game?

That's what I thought as well, maybe that plan backfired by giving us a chance.

As for the play the kids from the start comments, how many of them are coming from the posters criticising West Ham for doing the same thing and putting the CL place in jeopardy.

If it was against Spurs they would have been a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back