• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is one thing to play either Carroll or Mason in one of the deep lying midfield positions, but to play both of them, together with 18 year old Onomah, without Kane up front against a top European team like Dortmund, well I think the result was inevitable. If I had gone to Germany to see the match I think I would be a bit vexed with that selection

Why is Tom Carroll playing ahead of Bentaleb please? In a game clearly requiring some graft. NB has international experience and can play physical. I'm not sure what TC's game is. He's not even tidy on the ball.

Wondered that too. Can only assume there is something going on with Nabil? Perhaps he needs him Sunday as there's an injury we don't know about? Maybe he is just not at the races mentally?

Wondered that too. Can only assume there is something going on with Nabil? Perhaps he needs him Sunday as there's an injury we don't know about? Maybe he is just not at the races mentally?

The latter. I did mention in another thread he can not believe he isn't a first team regular. Disgusting attitude.

Do posters seriously think that any one on here wants to prioritize winning the EL over the Pl? That was not the choice tonight with Villa, one of the weakest teams ever in the history of the premier league, on Sunday. As for those who say we will be where Dortmund are in a few years time, impossible if we are not willing to give our best players the opportunities to challenge themselves in the biggest games. How can you improve if you play a second string squad in these sort of games? They are for the likes of Rotherham in the capital one cup. This was the biggest European game since Real Madrid and we tossed it away. I was so looking forward to tonight I was gutted when I saw the team he put out. And before I am labelled along with @dubai and @armchair an "entitlement tosser" I am one of Poch's most ardent supporters. I voted for him in the new manager thread before he was appointed, at the time one of only 2 posters on this board who did when others were voting for Van gaal or FDB. I have and will continue to support him, but IMO he showed disrespect to the fans tonight.

Last edited:
Well there in the cup out there so will be ingesting to compare number of games played so far
To date they've played four fewer games in the Bundesliga. Don't know about domestic cups but doubt they have two competitions to worry about. Not that we will have played that many more tbf.

let's hope the players just put this result behind them and don't let it dampen thier spirits - the loss of team moral was alway alway the biggest risk ever since Dortmund came out of the hat.

Agreed with Poch's selection tonight

I've disagreed with more or less all his other Europa selections though - generally played far too strong teams

It was a two legged tie though vs Fiorientina

I think that you misunderstand me, or more likely, I wasn't being clear. Cup competitions are a bit of a lottery, you always stand a chance in a fixture and obviously, the draw can be kind to you.

Why is Tom Carroll playing ahead of Bentaleb please? In a game clearly requiring some graft. NB has international experience and can play physical. I'm not sure what TC's game is. He's not even tidy on the ball.

Bentaleb's time is next season, assuming he's still around

Yes. He played well when he deputised for Dembele, Bentaleb has struggled for form all season.
Who do u think would be a better selection tonight? Bentaleb has played well when I've seen him. Carroll has struggled all season bar 2 or 3 games. Despite many chances.

Who do u think would be a better selection tonight? Bentaleb has played well when I've seen him. Carroll has struggled all season bar 2 or 3 games. Despite many chances.

I think that picking players based on form is probably the best option for a manager. Picking on reputation or past form normally ends up upsetting the squad and worse selections. If Bentaleb wants to be in the first team, he needs to fight for his place and show it on the pitch when given a chance, like many of the current first team have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back