• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no denying that we have been outplayed but I hate to see people throwing in the towel before a ball has been kicked.

I would be interested in hearing what chance people would have given us of winning this game over both legs with a full strength team.

I would have given us roughly a 30% chance with a full strength team. I'd have expected us to go out but to have a reasonable chance of going through.

When j saw this team tonight, I knew we wouldn't come out of it with anything. I felt we may well lose 3 or 4-0. Which looks to be what's happening.

There's throwing in the towel in a silky fashion. Doom and gloom because we've dropped kane against Derby at home. That's not logical for example. Then there's being apprehensive about what making almost wholesale changes will do when you're playing away against one of th best teams jn Europe. Unsurprisingly, it leads to being dominated and swept aside. I or anyone else didn't need to be a footballing genius to recognise that this would be likely how it went.

I love being positive. I support Poch completely. But he is a man. He is not infallible. Ferguson was not infallible. So when people suggest that fans are silly and doom and gloom because they suspect that the line up we put out today wouldn't lead to much, I find it strange that others seem fit to almost mock that?

Carol doesn't bring a physical presence, so you'd want every pass to connect. It hasn't today. Bentaleb must move above Carol after tonight. He is more of a fighter.

Seeing big players look a bit broken and tinkled off on the pitch isn't a good sight with the games we have

Strange game to rest players

you don't always rotate for what's in the future, would we have had more chance with an exhausted Kane or Dier not marking from set pieces instead?

Embarrassed. It was obvious. What a load of pointless brick. Onomah stays on? Joke. fudgeing crap.

Oh and for Stuff et all. The superfan condensension is misplaced. Throwing a game of this magnitude gives us every right to direct frustration towards the manager. We've been let down tonight. Big time.

Steff.
At least get that right.
And apologies. I was unaware that not towing the company line was 'superfan condecension'.
Look, moan all you fudging want, have a great time! Seriously! Have at it!

I would have given us roughly a 30% chance with a full strength team. I'd have expected us to go out but to have a reasonable chance of going through.

I think that 30% is probably about right. The question that Poch was probably mulling over is, it is worth risking players that we need in the league for a 30% shot that could earn us a tie against another team of similar standing?

I am excited by our focus now.
full post edit

Agree with this.

Barring a miraculous comeback in the 2nd Leg against this very good team, we're done with Thursday night El football for the foreseeable.

It's all about the top four or more. I'm with Poch.

Ladies and Gentlemen - that is how win a European football match

Tell the kids to clean their boots for the 2nd leg
Let's go and win the fudging league!

I think that 30% is probably about right. The question that Poch was probably mulling over is, it is worth risking players that we need in the league for a 30% shot that could earn us a tie against another team of similar standing?
Bill Nicholson will be turning in his grave. We didn't expect to win but our failure had no echo of glory whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back