• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that 30% is probably about right. The question that Poch was probably mulling over is, it is worth risking players that we need in the league for a 30% shot that could earn us a tie against another team of similar standing?

The question for me is that if we're taking this mentality into the europa league, let's at least do it consistently.

Why did we bother putting out a strong team as often as we did so far only to give up with a whimper here?

What was the point exactly?

I was excited by this draw because it was a chance to either show we were proper Hulk or that we could now focus on the main trophy (believe it or not, that might actually be top 4 rather than league at this point). Always tinkled off with a loss but gonna try and keep calm... Lose to Villa and I'm gonna hunt...

I will be more annoyed if he tries to 'go for it' next Thursday. The game v Bournemouth and going for the win v them is far more important

full post edit

Agree with this.

Barring a miraculous comeback in the 2nd Leg against this very good team, we're done with Thursday night El football for the foreseeable.

It's all about the top four or more. I'm with Poch.

I like the cut of your jib.

For the ladies with their knickers in a twist, would you prefer us to A) progress to the EL quarter final, likely go out then, and leave us stretched in the PL? Or B) focus on the PL, secure CL games for next season, and challenge every step of the way for the league title?

If we get CL next season who we sign, our revenue, everything changes. But screw that, lets focus on this poxy Thursday cup? It was fun while it lasted. We did well with a rotated team. We move on.

The question for me is that if we're taking this mentality into the europa league, let's at least do it consistently.

Why did we bother putting out a strong team as often as we did so far only to give up with a whimper here?

Didn't we put out pretty much the same team tonight that we did in our last European away game?

Surely it's just changing priorities

At the beginning of the season it was really important

At the turn of the year, a potential chance for champs league

After a run of 6 wins on the spin, not so important

Either we take this fudgeing competition seriously if we are ever in it again or we fudge it off from day 1 and just use it for the kids and for players to prove themselves, just whats the point of all the games just to keep fudgeing tossing away the cup after the group stages.

I'll take the pursuit of the Premier League title over this cup any day.

If we went through this round, our next two EL matches would be sandwiched around two massive games with ManU and away to Liverpool. Hard to see Spurs giving those EL games priority. So, this just gets things nicely out of the way and lets us rest up key players for the run in.

Which we will definitely need.

Either we take this fudgeing competition seriously if we are ever in it again or we fudge it off from day 1 and just use it for the kids and for players to prove themselves, just whats the point of all the games just to keep fudgeing tossing away the cup after the group stages.

I think that is a bit of a funny attitude. In a cup competition you can get a run that means you avoid the best teams, we got unlucky and drew one of the best two teams in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back