• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

I am a fan of Bentaleb and think he has potential but can see the issues in his game at the moment, if he can keep his focus and discipline around this time especially as Dembele is out it would be a massive massive boost.
Agree. Last season we thought he was fantastic...it will take a couple of games to get up to speed, but with no dembele his contribution could be crucial...

Really is time for Mason and Bentaleb to step up and stake their claim. Funny thing it probably is Tom Carroll who will come in right now.

So hard to predict with so many options. Potentially Alli, Mason, Bentaleb and Carroll could all replace Dembele and if it is Alli dropping back then that opens the door for 2 out of Chadli, Son and Lamela to play. We have a lot of very good options. Of course Dembele will be a huge miss, particularly against Arsenal should he end up missing that.

Only problem Diego is that he's out for a week at least according to Poch!

Another youngster that I have stood by for some time though.

Really is time for Mason and Bentaleb to step up and stake their claim. Funny thing it probably is Tom Carroll who will come in right now.

So hard to predict with so many options. Potentially Alli, Mason, Bentaleb and Carroll could all replace Dembele and if it is Alli dropping back then that opens the door for 2 out of Chadli, Son and Lamela to play. We have a lot of very good options. Of course Dembele will be a huge miss, particularly against Arsenal should he end up missing that.

Still injured I thik

I'd play Rose n Walker for this one, and Davies n Trippier v Swansea. Give Mason another 90 mins to get up to speed, Onomah too. Rest Alli, wrap him in cotton wool whilst Dembele is out. Let Son and Chadli share the minutes.

-----------------vorm
walker-----toby-----wimmer----rose
----------dier-----mason
--onomah------eriksen-------lamela
---------------chadli/son

edit*

then team for swansea:

----------------lloris
trippier-----toby-----wimmer----davies
-------------dier------alli
--son--------eriksen-------lamela
----------------kane

I'd do the fullback the other way around. We need our quicker pairing against Fiorentina (who are a danger on the break), and our better crossers against Swansea (who we will dominate possession more against)

I wouldn't mind that. Though actually I would have preferred Davies and Trippier against Palace and Walker & Rose for this one. Swansea will have more possession than Palace and Fiorentina quite likely.

Pochettino has fairly regularly switched the two full backs game by game. Hasn't always been Rose&Walker for Davies&Trippier, but when the fixture list has been congested he's switched both game by game.

Have a funny feeling that we could see the Mason and Bentaleb partnership making a return for this one. Think it would be crazy to have young Eric playing all of these fixtures coming up.

If Alli is on as well but told to be swapping with Mason to be "in the hole", I think it may be easier to cope with than having to compensate for Paulinho lumbering about shirking tackles. All three of them have the industrious side to their games as well as technique to go along with it. Now is the stage of the season is coming where we have to show our flexibility whilst remaining effective as I'm sure Dier is up for the battle but four games in ten games (potentially one 120 minute game + Spam and L'arse) would be asking for trouble.

I am a fan of Bentaleb and think he has potential but can see the issues in his game at the moment, if he can keep his focus and discipline around this time especially as Dembele is out it would be a massive massive boost.

Dier has looked fine in his role in congested fixture lists in the past. He got a "rest" from his DM responsibility by playing CB against Palace (less running) and isn't usually one to cover huge distances in his DM role anyway.

Mason is capable of playing further up the pitch, but Pochettino has had that option available to him a lot of times and not used it. I really think he rates Mason higher in the deeper role. And Alli is obviously being very effective for us higher up the pitch.

Alli should ideally be given a rest for the Fiorentina game though. 90 minutes in Florencee, 80 against Palace where he seemed to fade a bit towards the end. I would worry about his impact against Swansea and West Ham if he starts again today. Though as always I'll defer to Pochettino if he thinks Alli is ready for it.

It really is.

Carroll might be back for Swansea or West Ham and also pushing to stake his claim. We have a lot of options for those roles and luckily both Bentaleb and Mason has been getting some game time in the cups now. Wouldn't mind them both starting today to further try to push on and gain match fitness.

Spurs_3451180b.jpg

Ideally Eriksen, Alli and Dier are all given a rest for this one considering our upcoming games. All have played a lot and all are very important to us. In addition Lamela was still raised as a doubt earlier this week because of his illness.

Realistically we'll have to start one or two of those 4...

------------Vorm/Lloris-----------
Trippier-Toby-Wimmer-Davies
-----------Mason-Bentaleb-------
Lamela-------Onomah-------Son
-----------------Chadli-------------

Would look quite good to me. Make it up to Mason and Bentaleb who gets the game against Swansea depending on their performance while giving Dier a slight breather. A fairly potent front 4 and real attacking quality on the bench in Alli and Eriksen if we need it.

Thought obviously other options are certainly available and could be good/better.

Edit: Just saw that the official twitter reported Pochettino saying Lamela is available again.

Last edited:
Ideally Eriksen, Alli and Dier are all given a rest for this one considering our upcoming games. All have played a lot and all are very important to us. In addition Lamela was still raised as a doubt earlier this week because of his illness.

Realistically we'll have to start one or two of those 4...

------------Vorm/Lloris-----------
Trippier-Toby-Wimmer-Davies
-----------Mason-Bentaleb-------
Lamela-------Onomah-------Son
-----------------Chadli-------------

Would look quite good to me. Make it up to Mason and Bentaleb who gets the game against Swansea depending on their performance while giving Dier a slight breather. A fairly potent front 4 and real attacking quality on the bench in Alli and Eriksen if we need it.

Thought obviously other options are certainly available and could be good/better.

Looks about right to me. I bet Dier plays though - personally I think we should be wrapping him in cotton wool given the lack of replacements which we have

Looks about right to me. I bet Dier plays though - personally I think we should be wrapping him in cotton wool given the lack of replacements which we have

When he gets booked against Swansea he will get a 2 game breather anyway.

Dembele out of the West Ham game is massive for me, thats a tough game away to West Ham with Payet in great form

----------------------Lloris------------------------

Trippier---Alderweireld---Wimmer----Davies

------------------Dier-------Mason----------------

-------Lamela--------Eriksen----------Chadli----

---------------------------Son-----------------------

Means Kane, Alli, Walker and Rose to come in fresh for Swansea.

I like the look of that side. Right balance to win the game and keep others fresh for Sunday. Trippier to start both games for me - we need his crossing against teams likely to sit back. Dier can be rested on Sunday if Bentaleb is fit and raring to go.

Crystal Palace has been costly for us this season - injuries to Verts, Kane and the Moose, as well as a cup exit. Thankfully we got all 6 points off them in the league and don't have to face them again this season.

I agree with those saying bentalab and Mason to re unite in the center. Time for one or both to step up this season. On form we have a good squad, just recently one or two fringe players haven't quite hit the straps.

Back