• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

But the one that started, dominated and won the first half 1-0 wasn't?

A lot of teams posted are fairly similar to what started in Florence in strength:

-Same back 4, possibly Lloris in. That's either the same or a huge step up.
-Mason and Carroll in Florence, people are saying 3 out of Bentaleb, Mason and Dier. Similar or stronger imo.
-Front 4 of Son, Eriksen, Alli and Chadli in Florence. People are including Onomah in quite a few of their line-ups. Lamela in doesn't make us weaker at all.

So essentially a lot of the teams are at worst "Onomah for Eriksen" level weaker than we started in Florence. Arguably quite similar in strength if Lloris starts for Vorm or Dier starts in central midfield even with Onomah.
Eriksen and Ali started, our two best attackers after Kane. Bentaleb and Onomah are a bit flaky at the moment. So not similar to me, and if you flip your argument, we can play these players in the league and the team will be quite similar in strength. If we don't start with our best team, we'll only bring them on to chase the game later on.

Poch will go for a really strong team. He knows Fiorentina have rested players at the weekend just for this game. He knows its a waste time sending out strong teams in the groups just to fudge up now. He will think he can cope with extra games (the fixtures for the next round come before Villa at Home and Bournemouth Away).

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Rose
Dier Mason
Lamela Eriksen Alli
Son

Eriksen and Ali started, our two best attackers after Kane. Bentaleb and Onomah are a bit flaky at the moment. So not similar to me, and if you flip your argument, we can play these players in the league and the team will be quite similar in strength. If we don't start with our best team, we'll only bring them on to chase the game later on.

Lamela in is also a very good player.

Starting today we have 4 games in 10 days! The next 3 are all PL games where we're in a title challenge. Two of those 3 games are London derbies. The last one being the game against Arsenal - our current title rival!

I will support Pochettino whatever he chooses. But for me it would be very strange to go into this period of games with all our best players from the start today against Fiorentina. Especially considering the games we've already played.

You can try to flip my argument. But you should perhaps re-read my post before doing so. I was comparing the teams posted to the team that started in Florence, not to our strongest 11.

Just about to leave now, going on my own tonight which is usually a good sign because the times i go as billy no mates we usually win.

So aveeeeeeeeeeee it.

Enjoy ;)

Just mix it up a bit today. I think we are capable of beating them at home.

Then play the strongest team possible in all the league games. If they cant get up for West Ham & Arsenal games then they really are knackered.

When we were a mid table club it was a lot less stressful. Although i dont think we will fudge up a top 4 finish. Surely not??

After winning 7 matches in a row in all competitions, we are now winless in 2 matches. So, we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways. Besides, after the disappointing FA Cup exit, we cannot afford to get disappointed in another Cup in the same week. Hope Pochettino has learned a thing or two from the FA Cup disappointments. We simply have to our best available team in this match.

A draw will be enough for us to progress on the away goals rule. But I think we will have to score atleast 1 goal to overcome Fiorentina. With our only striker Kane out with injury, we will have to find the goals from somewhere. Unfortunately, apart from Kane, we don't have anyone who can score for us consistently. Too bad Pochettino never thought about buying another striker. So, players like Eriksen, Son, Chadli and Lamela needs to step up their game to find us a goal or two. Lamela did score the hattrick against Monaco at home. Not sure what mysterious illness he got the last few matches. Hope he will be and help us score atleast 1 goal.

If we want to win this match, we need to win the midfield battle first. But we are going to miss Dembele badly in midfield. His control and dribbling skills would have helped us greatly to stop Fiorentina. I think Mason and Dier can be very effective in midfield when they are on form. A bit worried about Alli's form in recent matches. He doesn't seems to be in best form now. He tends to get easily provoked by his opponents. Hope Alli will just concentrate on his game and ignore anything else.

With Vertonghen still out injured, we should not change too many things in defence. Alderweireld and Wimmer should be playing in defence. Afterall, they need more time to gel together as well. Want to see Trippier and Davies to start as well. After the way, Walker almost scored the own goal against Palace in the FA Cup, don't think we should start him in this match. It will be great to see Lloris returning from injury. We cannot afford to start the error-prone Vorm in an important match like this.

We have never won a knockout match in Europe comfortably in recent years. So, can see this being another tough match for us. After the way Fiorentina beat us at the same stage last season, hope we will be able to take revenge on them this time.

I will miss the game due to work but go on radio / internet silence and be back home by 10:00

Anyone know how i can watch the full game, almost immediately after the game?
I have XBMC etc, there's an addon called Football replays but i suspect won't be uploaded so quick.

Do BT Sports or others typically screen a full game shortly after a game?
any info appreciated1

Any team info yet ?

With our poor record with the penalties, hope we will win the match in normal time. Performance is not really important as long as we win to progress to the next round.

I will miss the game due to work but go on radio / internet silence and be back home by 10:00

Anyone know how i can watch the full game, almost immediately after the game?
I have XBMC etc, there's an addon called Football replays but i suspect won't be uploaded so quick.

Do BT Sports or others typically screen a full game shortly after a game?
any info appreciated1

BT Sports only are showing 1 hour highlights afterwards. Assuming you have the channels can you not record it?
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/ will have it pretty much straight away after. They will have the first half uploaded during the second half etc.

TEAM - here is tonight's starting line-up against Fiorentina -

Lloris (c)
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Alli
Chadli​

SUBS - here are our substitutes this evening -

Vorm
Carter-Vickers
Rose
Bentaleb
Onomah
Winks
Son​

Probably our strongest available 11, apart from the full backs. I would have played Walker/Rose tonight and Trippier/Davies on Sunday, though. I think it would have made more sense to play our best defensive duo tonight and the best attacking duo on Sunday, but Poch probably knows what hee is doing.

Back