• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

Dan Kilpatrick ‏@Dan_KP 1m1 minute ago
#thfc He also said Dembele is out for 10 days to 2 weeks. Could miss NLD...

That one could be a proper kick in the cobblers.

Oh dear.

In my mind what this says to me is that we really need one of Mason or Bentaleb to really step it up, both have had injuries and not the best seasons but we could really do with some defining performances, if they're just passengers (perhaps aimed at Nabil moreso than Ryan) we are going to suffer.

Of course the kick in the gonads becomes one with steel toe cap boots if Dier ends up getting to the 10 yellows mark quickly.

Is he on 8 or 9?

----------------------Lloris------------------------

Trippier---Alderweireld---Wimmer----Davies

------------------Dier-------Mason----------------

-------Lamela--------Eriksen----------Chadli----

---------------------------Son-----------------------

Means Kane, Alli, Walker and Rose to come in fresh for Swansea.

Happy with that. Solid side.

And get knocked out early like the Arse usually do, no thanks.

we average QF's ;)

it's a step, consistent CL participants have more money and attract better players

the end game, when football finishes, is to be the team with the most European Cups, if we want to "win football", thats what we have to do, you can't win a competition you are not in (unless you are Ted Cruz obviously)

It is not a question of trust or not. Presumably Poch trusts all the players now in our squad or they would have been gone by now.

As I said in the Onomah thread, he hasn't yet done enough for me to justify starts in the team especially if others are fit. I think his best route to develop further at this crucial stage of the season is to show an impact from the bench.

I find it interesting that Onomah has never been out on loan, he seems like a tidy player but one who some loan time would have benefitted

I'd do the fullback the other way around. We need our quicker pairing against Fiorentina (who are a danger on the break), and our better crossers against Swansea (who we will dominate possession more against)

I find it interesting that Onomah has never been out on loan, he seems like a tidy player but one who some loan time would have benefitted

There has been some debate on here about Poch's attitude to loans. It seems to me that his view varies on the player's needs and with some players he seems to prefer to keep them with us and work with them. After a season around the first team, I would be very surprised to see Onomah go out on loan.

Rather see him learn his stuff at Tottenham first. Look at Townsend we couldn't coach his bad habits out of him once he came back. I can't see us sending our best young players on serial loans any more.

Yeah I agree, no point being there and not making an impact!! So if we can't win the Europa League or at least go quite far in it then what would be the point exactly

Have a funny feeling that we could see the Mason and Bentaleb partnership making a return for this one. Think it would be crazy to have young Eric playing all of these fixtures coming up.

If Alli is on as well but told to be swapping with Mason to be "in the hole", I think it may be easier to cope with than having to compensate for Paulinho lumbering about shirking tackles. All three of them have the industrious side to their games as well as technique to go along with it. Now is the stage of the season is coming where we have to show our flexibility whilst remaining effective as I'm sure Dier is up for the battle but four games in ten games (potentially one 120 minute game + Spam and L'arse) would be asking for trouble.

I am a fan of Bentaleb and think he has potential but can see the issues in his game at the moment, if he can keep his focus and discipline around this time especially as Dembele is out it would be a massive massive boost.

Back